• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

Since these have a tendency to get buried in the BWP monster threads, and whoever updates this may be on holiday or something, I'll start a new post here. If anyone else knows of new mods that should be added to the BiG World Project, feel free to post here too. I guess that goes for new mod versions, if the links have changed on the linklist) or changes in mod install order.

Aurora's Shoes should be added - v2 should now be stable for BWP. It also includes updated versions to (and therefore deprecates) Store Prices aka agprices (formerly here). It can probably just replace the existing entry, since they should be installed fairly late for full effect (after other stores and creatures).

I think I mentioned elsewhere that Exnem Vault should be installed before BG1UB, and possibly before CtB and BGT as well, since it overwrites rndtreas.2da and those other mods patch it. Since the spells/scrolls it adds are rather powerful, it may be considered one of those so-called "expert" mods as well, if it isn't already.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

If this is the BWP Wishlist kinda thread, hmm, let's see ...

Tales of the Deep Gardens - I have it in my BWP8 install with Aurora (haven't reached BGII yet, so I can't comment on compatibiltity but atleast it installed fine :coolthumb:)

The Minotaur and Lilarcor - cool concept (shoulda been in UB ya know :D)

Zalnoya and the Shadow thieves - MOAR ENCAONTERZZZ!!! :crazy:
Daulmakan's Item Pack - Some very good components that can make items look more different

Now, some older mods ...

Jamella's Diablo store - Overpowered items, but you can choose only one :devil:

Worship the Unseeing Eye - MOAR REALITYNEZZZ!!! :woot:

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: Surreptitiously removed link :P

Edited by Lollorian, 06 October 2009 - 04:49 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

Imoen Retrospection is included in IEP Banters.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

*surreptitiously removes that download*

Thanks for reminding me, ScuD :)

#5 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

There have been a few updates at G3 since the last BWP release, including the addition of a new mod featuring the NPC Tyris Flare.

Updates have been made to Item Randomiser (another quite new mod), Amber, BG1 NPC, BG2 Tweaks, SCS II, and Spell Revisions as of this time. I believe both SR and SCS II have had new components added and possibly old component numbers altered.

For the 1PP installer, it should be noted that component 0, "One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions", and components 7, 8, and 9, "One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields ...", should not be installed on top of Item Revisions because of compatibility issues. It happens that IR includes the relevant changes these components have to offer IR items.

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

I think I mentioned elsewhere that Exnem Vault should be installed before BG1UB, and possibly before CtB and BGT as well, since it overwrites rndtreas.2da and those other mods patch it. Since the spells/scrolls it adds are rather powerful, it may be considered one of those so-called "expert" mods as well, if it isn't already.

Do u mean "The Vault" mod (currently managed by erebusant)? (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=39044)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

Do u mean "The Vault" mod (currently managed by erebusant)?

No, I mean Exnem Vault, "WeiDUised" by Sir BillyBob (original author unknown). As SBB says in that topic:

If you haven't used this item mod before, please realize that the original creator made some seriously overpowered magic items and spells for the original SOA/TOB game.

It doesn't seem to be a part of most people's BWP installs, which is probably a good thing.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:49 AM

If you won't advocate yourself more than that Miloch I'll do it for you.
Aurora v2.0 should be made a recommended mod, particularly the new random treasure component. This fixes a lot of silliness with the existing random treasure system. (Like gnolls in BG1 with level 9 spell scrolls)

Great work Miloch! :cheers:

Edit: Should be installed late in the process in order to affect all mod creatures and stores.

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 06 October 2009 - 06:19 AM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:06 AM

Hmm ... now for some mod resurrections :D (If some of these are already included in some other mod, do not hesitate to flame :D)

Haer'Dalis' Swords - Upgradations FTW!!!

King Dutka's Thief - A more interactive Find Traps spell :P

Mortis - A new encounter

Nalia Inverter mod - Changes Nalia from Thief/Mage to Mage/Thief :cheers: (seems like it overwrites stuff though :unsure:)

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: Thanx Chevalier!! :D

EDIT2: Dang!! :P Thanks again ...

Edited by Lollorian, 06 October 2009 - 05:31 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#10 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:13 AM

[quote name='Lollorian' post='464509' date='Oct 6 2009, 06:06 AM'][url="http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=130"]PlanarSphere Return[/url] - Seems like it shoulda been (maybe it already is) included in [url="http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=131"]Planar Sphere Mod[/url] :devil:[/quote]
It is included, :P

From my WieDU log
[codebox]~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PlanarSphereMod v2.6c: v2.6c
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Planar Sphere Store: v2.6c
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Waukeen's Promenade Store: v2.6c
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #3 // [b]Planar Sphere Return v2[/b]: v2.6c[/codebox]

Edit:
[quote name='Lollorian' post='464509' date='Oct 6 2009, 06:06 AM'][url="http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=149"]Tortured Soul Quest[/url] - I don't think it's the same [url="http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=324"]mod with the same name[/url] :P[/quote]
They don't have the same name. One is 'The Tortured Soul Quest', the other is 'Tortured Soul[b]s[/b]'. And it is already part of BWP.

[quote]11.04. The Tortured Soul Quest (TTSQ) v5 [DEU/ENG/SPA]
Homepage: [url="http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?a...s&showfile=149"]http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?a...s&showfile=149[/url]
Link: [url="http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?a...ownload&id=149"]http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?a...ownload&id=149[/url]
DEU: In einer Krypta auf dem Friedhof von Athkatla erhaltet Ihr von einen Fremden eine kleine Aufgabe.
ENG: In Athkatla's graveyard in one of the crypts you get a small quest from a stranger.[/quote]

Also from my BWP WieDU log:[quote]~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kensai Ryu's Deeper Shadows of Amn v2.2
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Difficult Brown Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Copper Coronet
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ghost Shadow Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #6 // Grothgar the Red Dragon
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #8 // Curse of the Underground Shade Lord[/quote]

Edited by Chevalier, 06 October 2009 - 05:27 AM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:38 AM

Ok, these mods SHOULD be used :devil: (for the Fixpack atleast :P)

Taimon's ToB Hacks - No ... words!!! Look at the component introduced in v0.4!!! Like I said ... no words :Bow:

Bad Ambient File Finder/Fixer - Great tool considering that some problems are missing ambients (if someone could package that up :P)

For the 1PP installer, it should be noted that component 0, "One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions", and components 7, 8, and 9, "One Pixel Productions: v3 Legacy Shields ...", should not be installed on top of Item Revisions because of compatibility issues. It happens that IR includes the relevant changes these components have to offer IR items.

But, if we do that, then mod shields won't be affected. Which is why 1PP was shifted lower in the BWP install order in the first place :(

Would it be possible to comment out the lines in the .tp2 or sommin that are supposed to change the bams?? Just for BWP compatibilty (something for its Fixpack)??

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 06 October 2009 - 07:20 AM.

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:35 AM

Bad Ambient File Finder/Fixer - Great tool considering that some problems are missing ambients (if someone could package that up :P)

:P .

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

But, if we do that, then mod shields won't be affected. Which is why 1PP was shifted lower in the BWP install order in the first place

Really, K'aeloree is right (and Erephine agrees) - mods like this shouldn't include 1PP content but require that whatever they need (or want) be installed. It creates a huge headache for compatibility otherwise (as we see here) since 1PP is in active development. Edit: Actually, why even bother requiring it or including it? If folks want the 1PP visual changes, they'll install it. If not, they won't.

:P .

Try running it on BWP then. Maybe something has changed, but I found bugger all except a few odd mod ambients - nothing on BGT, which apparently has already corrected missing ambients. The problem is rather with *existing* ambients, as I commented in that thread.

Edited by Miloch, 06 October 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#14 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

But, if we do that, then mod shields won't be affected. Which is why 1PP was shifted lower in the BWP install order in the first place :(

Would it be possible to comment out the lines in the .tp2 or sommin that are supposed to change the bams?? Just for BWP compatibilty (something for its Fixpack)??

Could you please explain the issue more thoroughly on the IR boards?

#15 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

This thread is a very useful idea!

I am working on a release of BWP v8.1. All mods already existing in the BWP will be updated to their present version. The following mods will be added:

Tales of the Deep Gardens v3.1, Extension de la quete de Jan (Jan's quest) v1, Slandor - The Minotaur and Lilacor v1.1, Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves v1.2, Sarevok Romance v1, Item Randomiser v1, Full Plate & Packing Steel v2, Aurora's Shoes and Boots, Taimon's ToB Hacks

The install.bat is already finished, but as you may imagine, the update of the PDF causes a lot of work, so please be patient. Particularly due to the Aurora mod the install order had to be re-arranged. The Aurora main component I had installed before AoE, the former Store Prices components however I had installed near the end.

BGTTweak I have moved directly behind the BG1 mods, because the BGTTweak component ?Enemy items shatter? must be installed before Aurora, otherwise there are a lot of error messages like:
"all slots full for extend." and "multiple extends."

Still one problem with Aurora (v1) is unsolved:

Only if Aurora is installed the Item Revisions component Weapon Changes cannot be installed because of the (faulty?) Aurora file AGDAGBOW.ITM

I get the message:

ERROR: [AGDAGBOW.ITM] -> [override/AGDAGBOW.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

The file however exists in the override. I also got the message:
ERROR: cannot convert damage or %damage% to an integer
ERROR: [AGDAGBOW.ITM] -> [override/AGDAGBOW.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

@ Miloch:
would you please have a look into that?
Thank you for your advice regarding Exnem Vault

#16 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

The file however exists in the override. I also got the message:
ERROR: cannot convert damage or %damage% to an integer

This is IR tripping up on the item because it didn't expect to find a bow without a ranged header. I can fix it by being more careful - expect an updated hotfix within the day.

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

BGTTweak I have moved directly behind the BG1 mods, because the BGTTweak component „Enemy items shatter“ must be installed before Aurora, otherwise there are a lot of error messages like:
"all slots full for extend." and "multiple extends."

These are BGTTweak messages, I'm guessing they have to do with script slot extending, which Aurora also does. I'm also guessing you get some of those messages are warnings rather than errors, and that you get them without Aurora, because some creatures slots are all full, or multiple creatures use the same script etc. It probably makes sense to go before Aurora, unless it actually changes mod-added weapons to shatter. But Aurora doesn't really add too many new enemy weapons (not ones that should shatter anyway) so it's probably not a big issue either way.

This is IR tripping up on the item because it didn't expect to find a bow without a ranged header. I can fix it by being more careful - expect an updated hotfix within the day.

This is one of many items necessary for stacking animations - it shouldn't be patched at all, really. Why does a mass-overwriting mod bother patching items anyway? And why does it need to incorporate old 1PP content rather than either requiring it or assuming the player will install it if he so chooses? I'm asking here and not in the IR forum because I'm more concerned about BWP install order, not IR itself.

I wouldn't recommend installing IR, at least the main component, after Aurora or any of its subcomponents. If it overwrites items wholesale (including prices) then it probably just reverses a lot of our patching.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

Could you please explain the issue more thoroughly on the IR boards?

I did :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: Hopes no one notices :P

Edited by Lollorian, 07 October 2009 - 03:11 AM.

#19 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

Item Randomiser v1

Is that a typo/mistake or is there a reason for why you are not using v2?

#20 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

And what about:

http://forums.chosen...amp;board=101.0

It is still beta, but I think, it's one of most promising mods in progress, and there is much completed components.