154 replies to this topic

#21 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

This thread is a very useful idea!

I am working on a release of BWP v8.1. All mods already existing in the BWP will be updated to their present version. The following mods will be added:

Tales of the Deep Gardens v3.1, Extension de la quete de Jan (Jan's quest) v1, Slandor - The Minotaur and Lilacor v1.1, Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves v1.2, Sarevok Romance v1, Item Randomiser v1, Full Plate & Packing Steel v2, Aurora's Shoes and Boots, Taimon's ToB Hacks

I'd also put Hard Times (ported in BGT by asc64). It has anyway some issues as i posted in its thread and, as for now, i'd install it just after BGT.

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#22 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

Taimon's ToB Hacks - No ... words!!! Look at the component introduced in v0.4!!! Like I said ... no words :Bow:

Oh com now it can't be that good....*reads* We have found the avatar of the god of modding, we must supply him with all he desires. *bows*

And what about:

http://forums.chosen...amp;board=101.0

It is still beta, but I think, it's one of most promising mods in progress, and there is much completed components.

Looking at it, it seems like it could easily cause a lot of compatibility problems with other mods that would have to be taken care of before it could be included.

#23 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:50 AM

Oh com now it can't be that good....*reads* We have found the avatar of the god of modding, we must supply him with all he desires. :Bow:

Well, if they are stable, based on my knowledge the weapon speed fix needs a item patch for example, so the new table is used and not the old, so for example, make it so that the +0.5 attack speed doesn't use the old opcode that adds the 6... and so it adds just the 1 .
Key	 Attacks Per Round
1		1
2		2
3		3
4		4
5		5
6		0.5
7		1.5
8		2.5
9		3.5
10	   4.5

To:

Key	 Attacks Per Round
1		0.5
2		1
3		1.5
4		2
5		2.5
6		3
7		3.5
8		4
9		4.5
10	   5
Edit: So I am wrong.

And what about: Throne of Bhaal Revisited
It is still beta, but I think, it's one of most promising mods in progress, and there is much completed components.

Looking at it, it seems like it could easily cause a lot of compatibility problems with other mods that would have to be taken care of before it could be included.

And there the obvious word to bold is, it could, meaning that it needs to be thoroughly tested, but as its still a beta...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 October 2009 - 01:53 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#24 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:48 AM

I dont know if this was mentioned before, but I installed the minotaur and lilarcor quest after deeper shadows of Amn and the shadow dragon component didnt trigger (it should trigger after the minotaur dies in that area).
When I exit and re-enter the hobogoblins and ...oops , I forgot their names, those mushroom things will respawn infinitely
Im sorry but the game is not installed right now so I cant attach a weido log, but I imagine the conflict is actually between those two mods

#25 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:51 AM

myconid

Edited by psychlopes, 07 October 2009 - 03:53 AM.

#26 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

Please note that:
- The Tortured Soul Quest were updated a few days ago in v6
- Au service d'Oghma is now in v1.3
- Mystigan is now in v1.3

There is also a new french mod:
- Jan's Extended Quest v1.2

Besides, I'm waiting for the spanish tanslation of Alcool (but I can upload it with the Lollorian's traify and english translation if it needs)

#27 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

Well, if they are stable, the weapon speed fix, needs a item patch for example, so the new table is used and not the old

I did not change the table. (Would be a really bad idea to do this in a bugfix.)
All should just magically work after you install the patch.

The problem with stacking was that 6 (0.5) + 6 (0.5) = 12, capped at 10 (4.5).
Now 6 + 6 is actually 1.

It should also work correctly with negative modifiers.

Edited by Taimon, 08 October 2009 - 01:40 AM.

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:13 AM

Here's another small(ish) list :P

Sarevok's True Power - TIGER UPPERCUT!!!! :devil:

Brage's Penance - Makes Commander Brage an NPC :o (may need to be converted or something though :P)

The Portable Hole - Probably the best mod around :P

kTweaks - The last RP component looks promising (not to forget the new items as well :P)

These seem to be Iron Modder entries ... and i think I heard somewhere that IM entries are to be stayed away from :ph34r: but still ...

Badgert's Mods
  • Domi's Entry
  • Pay for your Sins
  • A Rain of Tears
  • Tears of an Angel
Shed's Mod - Iron Modder 6 Entry (sdim6-final.rar)

Now, a bone of contention ...

The Sword of Noober - Lilarcor's long-lost brother?? Or the trapped spirit of Noober?? Nobody knows ... (shouldn't probably be installed to avoid baldur.bcs cluttering :P)

BIOWARE-Forum Only Items - IMBA ITAMZ!!!! :devil:

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 23 May 2010 - 05:01 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#29 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

@Lollorian: Please no IM-stuff. We removed that stuff a year ago since it's basically not maintainded, most are pretty lame since they had the time limit, too small to notice, too annoying, or don't tigger at all (you have to CLUA to see it).

Edited by dabus, 08 October 2009 - 06:50 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:36 AM

ROFL :ROFL: For a while there, I was wondering why you were talking about Instant Messaging :D

Well, now that I know the reason, I won't in the future ;) but the links can stay cause they're not dead (or integrated) and someone might wanna try them :P

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#31 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

No imba-item or joke mods either, please. There's enough of that in the BWP as it is :( (though it is better than it was, as dabus says).

@psycholopes: You might want to post your issues with the Minotaur minimod in this topic so the modder sees it and maybe can investigate it.

Edited by Miloch, 08 October 2009 - 01:18 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#32 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hmm ... no IM entries, no imba items (which means almost no item mods :P), no jokes and (outta personal [non]preference), no NPCs (but that doesn't stop any of you from listing NPCs ;))

Which leaves interaction mods, quest mods and tweak mods. Ok ... but come on!!! No joke mods?? A li'l joke ain't hurtin nobody unless its downright causing bugs :P (a Bhaalspawn needs to laugh sometimes too ya know :D ... unless he's lawful or something ... right?? RIGHT???)

Cheers,
Lol

#33 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

Thank you for your suggestions. Go on, please. Not all new mods will be included in the upcoming BWP v8.1. My main focus is on updating the already existing mods. But some more mods suggested in this thread will be in BWP v8.2

Item Randomiser v1

Is that a typo/mistake or is there a reason for why you are not using v2?

Sorry, I was not aware of this new version. Mod updates come often faster than I can update my guide.

I will move "One Pixel Productions" and "One Pixel Productions v3: Avatar Fixes" again quite at the beginning before the Item Revisions main component like they had been placed already with BWPv7.

I wouldn't recommend installing IR, at least the main component, after Aurora or any of its subcomponents. If it overwrites items wholesale (including prices) then it probably just reverses a lot of our patching.

There are a number of conditions that are difficulty to accommodate:

1. The Aurora main component should be installed before AoE
2. Aurora's strongly recommended former Store Prices components however should be installed near the end
3. The Item-Revision main component is to be installed quite at the beginning
4. Item-Revision's subcomponents however should be installed after any tweak mod that add or replace items.

The only solution that I found so far that fullfills all the conditions above is to install the Item-Revision subcomponents between the Aurora main-component and their subcomponents. But I'm glad about any other suggestions.

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

I will move "One Pixel Productions" and "One Pixel Productions v3: Avatar Fixes" again quite at the beginning before the Item Revisions main component like they had been placed already with BWPv7.

If this is any help, Mike1072 has suggested a workaround to keep 1PP at the lower end here :cheers: Those components haven't been updated since ItemRev used them so it shouldn't make any difference.

Why I'm saying this is ... I distinctly remember Imoen (when starting a new BGII game) using the vanilla thief avatar (with the black miniskirt thing :P) when 1PP was at the top of the install order in my BWP6 install. Right now in BWP8, Imoen has the normal pink hooded thief avatar (probably because 1PP was installed at the end :unsure:)

My main focus is on updating the already existing mods

Are you suggesting we post the latest updates too of mods in this thread?? :woot: (like Graoumf did ... Like a somewhat English Linkliste thread :P)

PS: It's good to see Leonardo Watson posting in these forums again btw :D

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 09 October 2009 - 12:10 AM.

#35 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:30 AM

Are you suggesting we post the latest updates too of mods in this thread??

No. Only suggestions for mods that are not included in BWP.

#36 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:23 AM

Remove the:
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v8
Cause we already have a bit later:
~1PP_THIEVES_GALORE/SETUP-1PP_THIEVES_GALORE.TP2~ #0 #3 // 1ppv3: Improved Improved Galactygon's Avatar Switching

I don't think it does anything bad, but still it will not do a good either if it is installed, so it's best not to...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 09 October 2009 - 06:28 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#37 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

no imba items (which means almost no item mods :P)

No, it doesn't. Not all item mods add the Scimitar of Beheading +10 :P.

and (outta personal [non]preference), no NPCs

Why the hell no NPCs? Granted, a lot of them are badly coded (and probably *should* be excluded from BWP) but some are pretty good.

Ok ... but come on!!! No joke mods?? A li'l joke ain't hurtin nobody unless its downright causing bugs :P (a Bhaalspawn needs to laugh sometimes too ya know :D ... unless he's lawful or something ... right?? RIGHT???)

Wrong! :new_bottom:

Well, obviously, mods can have jokes and humour... if it fits in the Forgotten Realms :ph34r:. I'm talking about mods that are created as jokes, stuff that is obviously based on real-world things like TV shows, other video games, what some folks call "fourth wall breaking" material that ruins the immersion. It doesn't belong in BWP any more than the Iron Modder stuff, unless there's a "joke mods only" option, which would be more trouble than it's worth.

There are a number of conditions that are difficulty to accommodate:

1. The Aurora main component should be installed before AoE
2. Aurora's strongly recommended former Store Prices components however should be installed near the end

Really, it should *all* go near the end, or after any mods that add creatures anyway, due to the randomisation routine. AoE should also go near the end of any install, or after any mods that add weapons. I suppose I *could* code Aurora such so that if AoE is already installed, it installs AoE versions of the weapons. There are a few mods coded like this (some of the G3 kittish mods like Song & Silence etc.). But it'll be in a future version. Do you have a rough estimate on the next BWP?

Also, make sure you get the latest version (currently v2) - you mentioned earlier you had v1.

3. The Item-Revision main component is to be installed quite at the beginning
4. Item-Revision's subcomponents however should be installed after any tweak mod that add or replace items.

The only solution that I found so far that fullfills all the conditions above is to install the Item-Revision subcomponents between the Aurora main-component and their subcomponents. But I'm glad about any other suggestions.

Why not as suggested:
  • 1PP
  • IR main component
  • [Patching mods etc.]
  • Aurora main component*
  • AoE
  • IR subcomponents
  • Aurora subcomponents
  • [GUI mods, Biffing, Level 1 NPCs etc.]
Yes, it looks dodgy, but perhaps normal for the BWP and easy enough for it to do with batch files. Aurora's subcomponents do not affect weapons by the way, just other stuff (creatures, stores, dialogues, scripts). Well, there is perhaps 1 weapon for the PnP Helmed Horrors subcomponent, but I doubt it needs to be touched by IR (it's not droppable anyway).

* Now you could install all the Aurora components here to simplify things if all that stuff (AoE etc.) goes near the end (after stores, creatures, dialogues etc.) which it probably should do.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

no imba items (which means almost no item mods :P)

No, it doesn't. Not all item mods add the Scimitar of Beheading +10 :P.

I said almost no item mods :devil: I know some add good and balanced items but they're few and far between (for example, take the few item mods I tried to translate ... THEY'RE FULLA IMBANEZZZ!!! :D)

Oh btw, I meant pure item packs that just throw in items in stores/enemies (Forgotten Wars ItemPack, RPGDungeon ItemPack etc) not mods with items that have quests/recipes associated with them (Daulmakan's ItemPack, Aurora, Weimer's Underrep Items, BWL Herbs & Potions etc)

and (outta personal [non]preference), no NPCs

Why the hell no NPCs? Granted, a lot of them are badly coded (and probably *should* be excluded from BWP) but some are pretty good.

And that's why I specified ... personal [non]preference :D (political correctness ftw!!! :cheers:) Most of the NPCs I encountered (which are presently not in the BWP) are one-day NPCs and the only one I felt worth mentioning (Tyris Flare) was already linked by Mike :P

Ok ... but come on!!! No joke mods?? A li'l joke ain't hurtin nobody unless its downright causing bugs :P (a Bhaalspawn needs to laugh sometimes too ya know :D ... unless he's lawful or something ... right?? RIGHT???)

Wrong! :new_bottom:
Well, obviously, mods can have jokes and humour... if it fits in the Forgotten Realms :ph34r:. I'm talking about mods that are created as jokes, stuff that is obviously based on real-world things like TV shows, other video games, what some folks call "fourth wall breaking" material that ruins the immersion. It doesn't belong in BWP any more than the Iron Modder stuff, unless there's a "joke mods only" option, which would be more trouble than it's worth.

And here, we have a disagreement ;) I'll quote your last line about NPCs again (well, the important parts atleast :D)

Granted, a lot of them are badly coded (and probably *should* be excluded from BWP) but some are pretty good.

The same goes for joke mods :P The ones based on real-world TV shows (Jerry Zinger and CloakWood Squares) are actually very well written and very much in the spirit of FR (well, maybe Irenicus and Ellesime appearing right after the Promenade cutscene on a chat show was a slight hitch :lol:) but they're too well made to be left out :Bow:

Jerry Zinger even has its own FMV for crissakes!!! :hug:

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 09 October 2009 - 10:47 AM.

#39 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

I said almost no item mods :devil: I know some add good and balanced items but they're few and far between (for example, take the few item mods I tried to translate ... THEY'RE FULLA IMBANEZZZ!!!

Yeah, I saw. Kinda wondering if I should even bother adding the ones with containers to Unique Containers. Why did you bother translating them even (the bad ones, that is)? :huh:

And here, we have a disagreement ;) I'll quote your last line about NPCs again (well, the important parts atleast :D)

Granted, a lot of them are badly coded (and probably *should* be excluded from BWP) but some are pretty good.

The same goes for joke mods :P The ones based on real-world TV shows (Jerry Zinger and CloakWood Squares) are actually very well written and very much in the spirit of FR

Eh... no, they're *not* "in the spirit of FR" by definition - they're in the spirit of the Jerry Springer Show and Hollywood Squares :P. But I never said they were badly coded or written. Go ahead, install them on BG2, play them. Laugh. No need to slap them onto BWP as well though.

#40 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

The file however exists in the override. I also got the message:
ERROR: cannot convert damage or %damage% to an integer
ERROR: [AGDAGBOW.ITM] -> [override/AGDAGBOW.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

This is IR tripping up on the item because it didn't expect to find a bow without a ranged header. I can fix it by being more careful - expect an updated hotfix within the day.

It took a bit longer than a day, but the hotfix is available now, in the usual spot. We fixed some other stuff while we were at it.

To answer your questions, Miloch, the component patching this item is one of IR's item-related tweaks. This component patches mod weapons so that they follow the same rules as the weapons in IR's main component.

Separating the 1PP content from IR would be impossible without having to keep a separate list of IR customisations within 1PP. Keeping it as it is allows us to maintain the graphical appearance of our items and saves us from having to keep "ugly" versions of items around for when 1PP isn't installed.