• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

Heya folks :cheers:

I've been wondering ... With so many tweak mods increasing the stackable item size (potions, arrows, bolts etc), the maximum amount of stuff I could select (before hitting the BUY button) is only 16 :o I know this is vanilla game behavior but have this doubt that this seemingly minor inconvenience may be hardcoded (why Bioware why?? :crying:)

What I wanna ask is, has this been discussed before? Is there a workaround to this?? Can this be easily changed (without an .exe patch)??

Even increasing this to 30 (or mayhaps 32, seeing that 16=2^4 and 32=2^5 :P) would reduce half the number of clicks to get the job done (before I get the ____ of Plenty things :P)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

Well, the inventory holds 16 items, so unless you buy a stackable item(arrows etc.) you have to remain within the 16. Or so I would think, but then again it wasn't me that though this up.

With stackable items, you can double click the store item and you get to choose the amount. You did know that, right? Let's put these 1000 arrows to this bag, so we can then remove them one by one and kill some time.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 October 2009 - 10:46 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

When double-clicking the item, and then proceeding to use the arrows instead of typing the number in, you end up with a cap of 16. This is what I think is being discussed here.

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#4 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

I think the 16 refers to 16 stacks of ammunition.

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

I think the 16 refers to 16 stacks of ammunition.

Yeah... limiting stacks = bad idea...

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

:lol: Yeah, I was talking about the 16 you get when ya fiddle with the arrows after double-clicking :P (btw, even if I TYPE in a number >16, it reverts to 1 when I click OK <_< That's one of the major pissing-off points about this)

And I think Jarno raised an important point here :devil:

The number of inventory slots is 16, so at any time, the number of free inventory slots should (at max) be 16. Now, if the limits were raised (to say ... 32) then we'd have the ability to buy 32 non-stackable items as well (AT ONE TIME!!!) Which could cause problems (overflowing inventory/everything-falls-to-ground syndrome etc)

So, while I don't think everything falling to the ground would be game-breaking, I like to put this out:

Is there a way to change the limits of stackable items ONLY???
Or is there a way to increase how many come in 1 stack (eg 1 stack of arrows = 10 arrows ... can you increase that to say, 50)?? This probably won't work for potions though (you'll be FORCED to buy them in bulk :P)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#7 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

:lol: Yeah, I was talking about the 16 you get when ya fiddle with the arrows after double-clicking :P (btw, even if I TYPE in a number >16, it reverts to 1 when I click OK <_< That's one of the major pissing-off points about this)

And I think Jarno raised an important point here :devil:

The number of inventory slots is 16, so at any time, the number of free inventory slots should (at max) be 16. Now, if the limits were raised (to say ... 32) then we'd have the ability to buy 32 non-stackable items as well (AT ONE TIME!!!) Which could cause problems (overflowing inventory/everything-falls-to-ground syndrome etc)

So, while I don't think everything falling to the ground would be game-breaking, I like to put this out:

Or is there a way to increase how many come in 1 stack (eg 1 stack of arrows = 10 arrows ... can you increase that to say, 50)?? This probably won't work for potions though (you'll be FORCED to buy them in bulk :P)

Cheers,
Lol

If you're referring to the "40 arrows in a stack" limit, as I recall that's easily changed in the item header. I don't have DLTCEP set up on this drive yet, though; can someone doublecheck that?

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

The item stat that's involved is the Stack amount, and there is plenty of mods that give it different sizes, it can be from 1 to 32000+, now, there is plenty of mods that adjust this, I should always use this:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

But, am not able in the BWS, cause it doesn't install it cause it could make the lag worse, though I have never experienced that. Having had 3000+ arrows in CA games, and my own made NPC had the magic rounds in use go around the 32 767 stack, with no lag what so ever. That's why I put:

15. Inventory management(no stacks that have more than about 200 items, in a bag, arrows etc.), -might also help...

The number of inventory slots is 16, so at any time, the number of free inventory slots should (at max) be 16. Now, if the limits were raised (to say ... 32) then we'd have the ability...

But for that Taimon would need to redo/patch all the .cre files, and what a horrible mess that would be.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 October 2009 - 12:38 AM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:20 AM

If you're referring to the "40 arrows in a stack" limit, as I recall that's easily changed in the item header. I don't have DLTCEP set up on this drive yet, though; can someone doublecheck that?

:P That's not the thing I'm referring to :D

When you double-click on say, an arrow in a store, you can change the number upto 16 (now in that 1 = 10 arrows) not the total stack amount :P

The item stat that's involved is the Stack amount, and there is plenty of mods that give it different sizes, it can be from 1 to 32000+, now, there is plenty of mods that adjust this, I should always use this:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

But, am not able in the BWS, cause it doesn't install it cause it could make the lag worse, though I have never experienced that. Having had 3000+ arrows in CA games, and my own made NPC had the magic rounds in use go around the 32 767 stack, with no lag what so ever. That's why I put:

15. Inventory management(no stacks that have more than about 200 items, in a bag, arrows etc.), -might also help...

Like I said, I'm talking about the stacks you BUY, not the total stack size :P

The number of inventory slots is 16, so at any time, the number of free inventory slots should (at max) be 16. Now, if the limits were raised (to say ... 32) then we'd have the ability...

But for that Taimon would need to redo/patch all the .cre files, and what a horrible mess that would be.

Why would .cre's need to be patched for something that's related to stores?? :P I'm not talking about increasing the inventory lol :lol: just increasing the buying limit :ph34r:

Cheers,
Lol

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

Or is there a way to increase how many come in 1 stack (eg 1 stack of arrows = 10 arrows ... can you increase that to say, 50)??

Yeah, you could patch all ammunition found in stores to increase the stacks. I guess. Though I don't really see the big issue with having to buy a few stacks. Do you have any idea how impractical carrying around 100 arrows would be, let alone 1000 or more? You'd have to have quivers all over your body, and you wouldn't be able to move.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle