BWP & The AI Scripts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hi all,

Been using the AI scripts most of the time but it seems the spellcaster ones are not that effective.

For example, for my Wizard if I put it as Wizard Defensive, it would only seem to cast Stoneskin (as a Defensive spell - this is good) but when it's time to attack it only uses Magic Missile (I have the other higher lvls spells memorised - Fireball, Acid Arrow, Flame Arrow etc).

Same goes for the Druid/Cleric, only attacking spells the AI would cast is Insect Plague.

Another example is when using the Druid Summoning AI they don't summon the elementals.

I done a standard install and it has introduced a lot of new AI scripts, but for casters it doesn't work that well.

Any one else had better luck?

Also been searching on Google on new scripts to install, found this site (http://www.sorcerers...dex_editors.php) wondering if it's safe to install (taking into account BWP adds tons of new spells).

Or if anyone has any custom scripts tailor made for BWP would be great.

Thanks.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

For example, for my Wizard if I put it as Wizard Defensive,

Is that the SCSII's installed one? Cause if it is the SCSII's for example, you need to use hotkeys to "activate" the defenses. It would probably be good if you would read all the Party AI providing readmes... if you are going to use them that is.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 11 October 2009 - 09:36 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Many of the scripts you have installed may have bogus spell references. The uscripts that you linked to are pretty good and will work for BGT as well (same spells). Once you get comfortable with what you want you may try making your own.

You can also edit the BS (party scripts) in NI and possibly change some of the missing or bogus spells. It may be fun that way and you don't have to start from scratch.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

If someone gets around reworking the BPMage script to be more compatible with all the spell mods in the BWP, hot dawg I'll be eternally grateful :Bow:

RR (or aTweaks') has a great Thief and Bard script :coolthumb:

And the Fighter, Ranger, Cleric scripts in the BPSeries are great too :P

The problem is only the mages, too many spells, too many enemies, not enough AI :D

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:14 AM

Thanks,

Will try the uscripts and search for the Big Picture ones when I get home.

Going to also try to find some tutorials on editing the AI scripts and hopefully share it with you all if I make a decent Mage one.

Always been facinated on trying to make my AI work into a monster killing machine!

Wish me luck!

Edited by Arjento, 12 October 2009 - 04:15 AM.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

Try Yovaneth's scripts as well.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

Try Yovaneth's scripts as well.

Thanks, been looking at this and the BP scripts.

Edited by Arjento, 12 October 2009 - 12:44 PM.

#8 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Ok, been trying to install the bpseries_35_07_16_09 (BP AI Script - http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=41523) using the Setup-BPSeries in my main game folder and this is the error log (please see file attached).

I also tried copy/paste method for a previous version (http://uk.geocities..../BPSeriesv3.zip) that had the *.bs files. What I tried to do is copy/paste the *.bs to my scripts folder and the rest (*.baf, *.bcs, *.cre) into my overrider folder.

Not sure this was right, was just experimenting.

Loaded the game, scripts work! But always crashed when going into battle.

Note: I would have liked to try manual install the bpseries_35_07_16_09 version but it doesn't look like it has any *.bs files for the script folder.

Attached Files

Edited by Arjento, 12 October 2009 - 12:57 PM.

#9 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hi,

Been away from BWP for quite a while.

Does anyone know if there's been any updated AI scrips made for BWP?

#10 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hi,

Any updated AI scripts out there?