• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

There is a known issue with Lissa's dialogue in v2 - for a fix see here - fixed in v3

Another issue arises with a minor subquest - there's a workaround here - fixed in v3

Another known issue relates to a defect in WeiDU. It arises only if you install the main component and the "quest gold" components in the same install session and haven't previously installed the main component. This will be fixed when the next WeiDU is released. The workaround in the meantime is to install the first couple components in one session, [Q]uit the setup-aurora.exe installer, then launch it again to install any remaining components. If you are using the projected BiG World Setup, it should do this automatically since the recommended order is to position them separately anyhow. We will probably spin-off the economy modding components into a separate mod eventually to prevent this from occurring. - fixed in v4

A rare issue may occur if you install the "quest gold" component on a game with messed-up creature files (usually resulting from another mod). There is a fix for that here. - fixed in v4

Edited by Miloch, 20 January 2010 - 09:40 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 HusT0mte

HusT0mte
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

Am I the only one that cant find Aran Linvailīs abducted daughter in bridge district in the house where Aurora now lives ? Is there any fix ?

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

Am I the only one that cant find Aran Linvailīs abducted daughter in bridge district in the house where Aurora now lives ? Is there any fix ?

Is this part of a mod or something? The only reference I could find is here. In the unmodded game, neither the ground nor upper floor of that house has any actors or even area scripts. Also, we don't touch the ground floor at all, and we only patch the upper floor (we don't overwrite anything) so it should be compatible with just about anything else.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

Is this part of a mod or something? The only reference I could find is here. In the unmodded game, neither the ground nor upper floor of that house has any actors or even area scripts. Also, we don't touch the ground floor at all, and we only patch the upper floor (we don't overwrite anything) so it should be compatible with just about anything else.

I remember something about this house and Aran also. It may have been the Fade mod that added a quest for Aran or some other Shadow Thief improvement/NPC thing. Probably is only NPC specific so it may not happen in everyone's game.

Possibly just some conceptual incompatibilities?

Edited by Hoppy, 18 November 2009 - 09:35 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

I remember something about this house and Aran also. It may have been the Fade mod that added a quest for Aran or some other Shadow Thief improvement/NPC thing.

It does indeed appear to be Fade that adds a creature to the lower level of the house - but it appears to be Aran's mother (a "Mrs. Linvail") rather than his daughter?

Anyway, I suspect HusT0mte just doesn't have Fade installed this time around, and therefore can't find Mrs. Linvail. But I don't see even a conceptual incompatibility here. Like I said, we don't touch the ground floor of that house. And maybe Aurora has a roommate or a houseguest or something. Stranger things have happened (we add a cellar to that house with a gnome's bed in it) and who knows, maybe it allows for some Crossmod material if someone wants to write it (*cough* *K'aeloree* *cough*).