Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

File Name: Quayle ReDone v3.0
File Submitter: Lava Del'Vortel
File Submitted: 21 Oct 2009
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

This mod introduces Quayle from BG1 as a party joinable NPC. But the condition is ... Aerie's death. A mini quest (in a small new area) is provided, where you decide who you prefer to travel with. Some timed and scenery talks for both SoA and ToB, banters for SoA and ToB, and a few new items. Quayle at a certain level will obtain a priest symbol.

These are Quayle's statistics. I also want to state that, although Quayle's Wisdom is low, he is a good priest. He has some special items that will aid him in that respect.

Race: gnome
Alignment: chaotic neutral
Class: priest/illusionist

STR: 8
DEX: 15
CON: 11
INT: 17
WIS: 10
CHA: 6

Biography:

"Quayle talks for a good hour about his worship of Baravar Cloakshadow, how he is well on his way to mastering sorcery, and generally how incredibly smart he is compared to everyone else in the party. He was apparently encouraged to strike out on his own as soon as he came of age because, as he claims, he was simply too gifted to remain in that stifling environment. You get the feeling, however, that no one was terribly broken up over his leaving. He says that he apprenticed in the arts of magic and the worship of Baravar under a gnome named Gifos, though it was not long before this teacher also sent him on his way. Since then, Quayle has wandered the Sword Coast looking for people who were willing to accept his "wisdom and instruction." It has likely been a long walk.
But you knew that already. The truth is that he didn't mention his time with the circus and Aerie when you first met. You guess he finds it embarassing: the fact that he was knocked out and left by the previous owner the Circus. Since you last met, it would seem he's managed to find Aerie and the Circus, and even took control over it."

Version 2+ works on BG2EE.

Click here to download this file

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:08 AM

The SHS download manager says this :P

This file has been reported as broken because: Good day.

Just wanted to let you know that there's something wrong with Quayle Project v.5 hosted on SHS' download manager: it gives me "file can't be saved as it can't be read from it's source".

I downloaded it and found no problems extracting it so maybe the report is a false-positive? :unsure: Anyway, it might help to ask someone to remove that message :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hmm, strange indeed... Maybe Choo or Liam may do something about the report... I can download it without any problem, too...

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

Version ReDone v2 is up and it works on BG2EE.

#5 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

Version ReDone v2 is up and it works on BG2EE.

Hey there, I have a slight problem with your mod, I can't seem to get out after I kill Kurvar unless Aerie dies, and I really don't want her to die, all that Quayle tells me while Aerie is all are the question about the Shadow Thieves and the Cowled Wizards, any help would be really appreciated!

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:35 AM

Hey there, I have a slight problem with your mod, I can't seem to get out after I kill Kurvar unless Aerie dies...
This mod introduces Quayle from BG1 as a party joinable NPC. But the condition is ... Aerie's death.

Erhm, the mod is done so that you have to choose to either have one or the other, you can't have both.
PS: The Cleric/Mage is OP class(in a non-Bhallspawn NPC) as is the Cleric/Illusionist, and having both would kinda break the game. That's why his stats are so bad(in BG1).

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

Hi, Lava!

Thank you for your mods & Colours of Infinity!

I have 1 request for Quayle ReDone:

Can you provide BGT compatibility?

Right now, mod can't append pdialog.2da, cause Quayle dialogs is already there by BGT.

Here is report by kreso that said "for some odd reason, this breaks the transition to BG2". It could be related to this, maybe...

Thanks again!

Edited by Mad Mate, 29 June 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#8 Arkat

Arkat
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:06 PM

Hey there, I have a slight problem with your mod, I can't seem to get out after I kill Kurvar unless Aerie dies...

This mod introduces Quayle from BG1 as a party joinable NPC. But the condition is ... Aerie's death.

Erhm, the mod is done so that you have to choose to either have one or the other, you can't have both.
PS: The Cleric/Mage is OP class(in a non-Bhallspawn NPC) as is the Cleric/Illusionist, and having both would kinda break the game. That's why his stats are so bad(in BG1).

I'm also having this problem. I don't want Quayle but want to keep Aerie but there is no way off the map. Quayle just gives me his usual circus speech and Aerie cannot initiate dialog as she appears to be busy. As I went into the house to see if the answer lay there my old auto save is gone, which means I am going to have to redo the entire circus.

#9 -JAMBO-

-JAMBO-

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:06 AM

How do you keep Aerie while using this mod? I don't want Quayle every time I play but I wanted this mod for the option - how do I choose Aerie?

#10 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

If you wold read the descriptions first line, the two first sentences...

Spoiler

Edited by The Imp, 14 October 2017 - 08:22 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#11 -JAMBO-

-JAMBO-

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

If you wold read the descriptions first line, the two first sentences...
Spoiler

What???

I don't understand, that's the vanilla quest. Am I supposed to not kill Kurvar also? When I go to the zone with Quayle and Kurvar Kurvar just automatically attacks Aerie with scripted Magic Missile + Finger of Death, and if I cheat to keep her alive through that the dialog bugs out... there's no way to escape the zone except to let Aerie get killed by the scripted magic!

#12 -JAMBO-

-JAMBO-

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

So does anyone know how to keep Aerie instead of Quayle? As soon as Kalah dies Kurvar appears and starts his stuff, Aerie forces us to either go to save Quayle or goes off on her own (I think for good), so I have to go with Aerie to fight Kurvar - when I go there he says he will kill Aerie and scripted spells go off that I can't block even with spell immunity. I can't save Aerie this way, so is there an option or way I don't know about?

#13 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:19 AM

There is a bug and I will try to update the mod today. To save Aerie you have to kill Kurvar in less than 35 seconds (what is quite easy if you focus on him and ignore his pets), but then there is a bug in the script. Anyway, expect a new version today. I will also make sure the area looks fine on EE as there is this black grid problem. Will make another post once the new version is up.

#14 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

New version is up. Changes:

-Fixed problem with keeping Aerie as a companion (instead of Quayle)
-Provided additional EE files to make sure new maps look fine (black-grid-be-gone)
-Fixed some spaces in dialogues (no space before "..." and no double space between sentences)
-Updated txt file with spoilers
-Updated WeiDU

As I wrote before, to keep Aerie as a companion, just attack Kurvar before he starts casting his Aerie-centred spells. That happens 35 seconds after he sees you. That should be enough time for killing him as he's not a very powerful enemy. Ignore his pets, just focus on him. In previous version the talk after his death was missing (it was placed in a wrong dlg file), but now you will just come back with Aerie and Quayle and everything else will be as in original game. If you want to join Quayle, then just let Kurvar kill Aerie during the fight. Cruel as it is, Quayle won't stay in the circus alone, as it will be too difficult for him, with everything reminding him about Aerie.

#15 -JAMBO-

-JAMBO-

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

New version is up. Changes:

-Fixed problem with keeping Aerie as a companion (instead of Quayle)
-Provided additional EE files to make sure new maps look fine (black-grid-be-gone)
-Fixed some spaces in dialogues (no space before "..." and no double space between sentences)
-Updated txt file with spoilers
-Updated WeiDU

As I wrote before, to keep Aerie as a companion, just attack Kurvar before he starts casting his Aerie-centred spells. That happens 35 seconds after he sees you. That should be enough time for killing him as he's not a very powerful enemy. Ignore his pets, just focus on him. In previous version the talk after his death was missing (it was placed in a wrong dlg file), but now you will just come back with Aerie and Quayle and everything else will be as in original game. If you want to join Quayle, then just let Kurvar kill Aerie during the fight. Cruel as it is, Quayle won't stay in the circus alone, as it will be too difficult for him, with everything reminding him about Aerie.

Is there any way to bugfix the mod script without installing it again? I don't want to mess up my install so if there is a place I can just edit the script to fix this I can do that instead - Thanks for the update in any case, I'll use it next install.

#16 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

I wonder... Once you are after the fight, try to force dialogue yourself by clicking your CHARNAME, dialogue button and then on Aerie. If all conditions are met, perhaps it will be possible to trigger it manually. If not, then I'm afraid reinstallation is the only way. To make it short: a talk that should be in AERIEJ.dlg file is in BAERIE.dlg file.

#17 -JAMBO-

-JAMBO-

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Is there any way to manually trigger the dialogue with CLUA console?

#18 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:37 AM

No, because it's not a matter of variables, but a matter of wrong localization of the talk. It's in a wrong file. Scripts is trying to call a talk from file A and the talk is in file B. And you can't fix that with console. You may use a console to deactivate the mod BEFORE Kurvar appears for the first time. To do that, use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("QuayleModPlot","GLOBAL",80) or (if you're using EE) C:SetGlobal("QuayleModPlot","GLOBAL",80).

#19 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:22 AM

Dear Players!

It's been so many years since I released my first project. And I just couldn't stop there. I would keep releasing new projects and while it takes more time these days, I still keep providing you new mods. I just like it. In the same time, my mods are all over different sites and sometimes it's hard to get everyone informed about new releases, new updates, remember about all the threads... I also like trying new things. Because of that, I've decided to centralize my work. That means I am moving almost all my mods to... well, a brand new place: Weasel Mods Forums.

There are some project I won't move, though: like those that are part of something bigger than just me. Like projects I released as a part of NPC IEP mods (Valygar Friendship, Minsc Friendship, etc.) or Yoshimo's Remorse I released along with jmaeq.

Nevertheless, if you are looking for my mods, use these links: www.weaselmods.net (forum), www.downloads.weaselmods.net (download)
There is an alternative download powered by DropBox - use it when the usual download site doesn't work:
www.dropbox.com/sh/56dr4q8h2q7djri/AACJfi0A2mV7hFlH3eqDLTcEa?dl=0

I hope you'll enjoy the new place. Perhaps it's not as modern, some solutions may seem a bit outdated, but... I just hope the new site will serve the purpose and that you'll find it at least "ok". The old download links may expire in a while as with time those mods will be removed from SHS. Because of the same reason, mods I uploaded at Beamdog forums will also be available only at Weasel Mods.

Best wishes! Thanks to everyone who's been supporting me for years now. That includes both other modders and all the players that gave my mods a chance! Also thanks to Spellhold Studios, Gibberlings Three, Pocket Plane Group and all the other modding websites out there! You rock!

Lava Del'Vortel