Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 --Thanatos--

--Thanatos--

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hey guys,
I'm sorry for the newbie problem, but when I tried to run setup-iepbanters.exe (after having extracted the .rar file into my BG2 folder), it tells me:

~~~~~~~~~~

ERROR: unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

~~~~~~~~~~

I'd guess I had a problem extracting the files, but I couldn't figure out what it was (I'm technologically incompetent). I looked through the iepbanters_v3.2 folder and I couldn't find a file named "dialog.tlk." I used the WinRAR extractor to extract the mod, if that info's of any help. Also, I have the G3 BG2 Fixpack, the Banter Pack, and the Nathanial mod from Spellhold Studios installed.

Thanks!

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

Eh, I guess you're not the same Thanatos that used to post here (common name, Greek god of death and all). You need to extract and install the mod in the same folder as your game, and also execute the setup-(modname).exe file from there.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:32 AM

Ah, no I'm not. I see my mistake - I extracted it into a folder within the BGII - SoA folder. >_<

Thanks.