Photo

Update i now got BGI+TOSC+BGII+TOB :)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hey im planing on playing BGII+TOB first time with any mod i never played modded game i cheaked mod sections and well im shocked lots of mods and heres the problem i don't know exactly what to pick im looking now 2 hours on google scouting and its only geting worse more mods...

Basicly i would love somekinda mega mod that got lots of mods in one gigantic pack(something like megamod for Fallout2) that would not change orginal story line,add new quest,expanded weapons,armors,dialogues,romances,locations,monsters,npcs,bug fixes,tweaks everything bigger and better...

Now my choice is limited to BGII+TOB mods i got BGI but i have no addon oh and my language is polish but mods should still work right?

Any way im also mostly interested into improving AI and also their dialogue and romance option i got well 4 mods and i have no idea if they will work together thats why i would really love opinion of people what mods to pick so and in what combination they will work and expand gameplay...

Will those mods BanterPacksv10,IEPBanters v3.2,NPCFlirtV102,Romantic Encounters v4 work together or there are some bettter ones out there?

I know im asking a lot but i quess any one here got more expirience with mods than me for BGII+TOB so any suggestions are welcome... :)

PS.Thanks for any help i want to start my new game tommorow if its possible so people give me some good sugestions oh and i love to play as wild mage :)

Edit: OK i found something like this:

Must-Install mods:

BGII Fixpack(supercedes all other fixpacks) X
BGII Tweakpack X
Banter Pack X
NPC IEP Extended Banter X
NPC Damage Mod(...) X
Recommended mods:

Rogue Rebalancing X
Divine Remix
Sword Coast Stratagems II(if you like combat)
Cirerrek's AI Scripts X
Unfinished Business X
Quest Pack X
NPC Flirtpacks(highly recommended) X
Zyraen's Miscellany
One Pixel Productions
Recommended NPC/Related Mods

Beyond the Law NPC Mod
Amber NPC Mod(SoA only) (highly recommended)
Kivan & Deheriana Companions NPC Mod
Keto NPC Mod(SoA only)
Fade NPC Mod(SoA only)
Xan NPC Mod
The Luxley Family NPC Mod(SoA only)
de'Arnise Romance(by jcompton, highly recommended) X
Nathaniel NPC Mod
Edwin Romance X
Longer Road(Adds Irenicus as an NPC in ToB, highly recommended)

Hm question its possible to install all those mods and make them work together? im serious i never touched any mods for BG so i need help...

X = i will install those mods...

Edited by Alex1986, 25 October 2009 - 09:29 AM.

#2 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:13 AM

Here's what you do:

1. Check out this forum.

2. Wait for "Big world setup" version 8.1 to be released.

3. Download said program and install only the mods it lists as recommended.

#3 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

Here's what you do:

1. Check out this forum.

Hm i said i don't have TOSC so i can't use this it says i need to install BG+TOSC+BGII+TOB

Any way thanks looks like im going to have to find TOSC pl somewhere :(

Ok i got question i installed some mods and it changed language to english not all how can i change whole game language to english i just hate hybrid of polish/english?

Edit: This is great i wanted to install BGI and get TOSC and during instalation my orginal cd4 of BG is dead things get better and better :( so again im limited to BGII+TOB...

Edited by Alex1986, 25 October 2009 - 01:05 AM.

#4 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:56 AM

Here's what you do:

1. Check out this forum.

Hm i said i don't have TOSC so i can't use this it says i need to install BG+TOSC+BGII+TOB

You don't need BG1 to use the BWS, you just can't install BGT and BG1 mods without it.

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

Hm question its possible to install all those mods and make them work together? im serious i never touched any mods for BG so i need help...

Yes, you just extract all the mods you wish to install to the game directory, copy their setup-*modname*.exe to the same directory so you get setup-*modname*- copy.exe and then delete the original once, and then get the newest WeiDU.exe from the "Download for Windows" archive from here, extract the files and put it to the game directory, recopy it as many times as you have the setup-*modname*- copy.exe, and then rename one of the copies as a setup-*modname*.exe, using the setup-*modname*- copy.exe as your reminder what is copied and what's not, and then you can remove the - copy.exe's when you don't need them anymore.

Yes, you manually updated the WeiDU.exe's that are named as setup-*modname*.exe to the latest version. No the battle is not over yet, it hasn't even started.

You then go and download this, that, and few other files(it will ask for them :whistling: ), and you then extract those to your game folder and then execute the BiG World Install.bat that was in there, it then asks a few things, you reply to them and if all checks out well, it should start the installation, which is mostly automatic.

You don't need BG1 to use the BWS, you just can't install BGT and BG1 mods without it.

Yeah, but he can't use the BWS to finish its work as it will crash, so he needs to do a manual setup. :rolleyes:
Now, he can also skip the BGT in the manual setup... I just forgot how, but it's within the BiG World Install.bat if you open it with Notepad, or with "Edit".

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 October 2009 - 02:31 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

Hey i got my hands on colectors editon pl so now i got all the parts well it was smart move becouse my BG cd4 died anyway shame anyway it was cheap 5-6 euro :)

And thanks guys for help any way i decided i will go slow 3-4 mods max atm...

Ok here is my question i installed all BGI+TOSC+BGII+TOB now im going to install Balgur's Gate Trilogu WeiDU that will merge BGI into BGII right? so now my question is if BGII Fixpack & Tweaks will work whole or only BGII part? also if theres point to install BGTTweak? if i install BGII Fixpack & Tweaks so in total 4 mods...

One little question level cap is gone if i use BGT mod?

Also from what i understand BGTWeiDU will allow me to add even more mods correct?

And last question its possible to change somehow language to english i just hate when i got hybrid game in 2 languages? maybe files from eng to pol would do the trick if yes someone could upload them?

Thats all for now and thanks guys for help :)

Edited by Alex1986, 25 October 2009 - 07:22 AM.

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:29 AM

Ok here is my question i installed all BGI+TOSC+BGII+TOB now im going to install Balgur's Gate Trilogu WeiDU that will merge BGI into BGII right?

Yes, it does bring the BG1 + TotSC story to the BG2 engine, so you need to for example choose the Kits from the start, although you can also start the game in BG2:SoA or ToB even after you have installed the BGT...

Important question, you did install the BGI+TOSC and the BGII+TOB to separate folders, cause if you didn't, you just make CHEESE...

so now my question is if BGII Fixpack & Tweaks will work whole or only BGII part?

Well, Technically you need to install the (g3)BGII Fixpack before the BGT v1.07(the WeiDU edition), so the Fixpack only modifies the BG2 part, but it will work only if it's installed before BGT, if you wish the BGII Tweak Packs to edit the BGT mods files too, they need to be installed; BGT first, then Tweak Packs... just remember that if you wish totally compatible game, you need to install the Worldmap mod after most of the mods.

Also from what i understand BGT-WeiDU will allow me to add even more mods correct?

Yes, among other things.
Edit, a bit to hopefully make more sense.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 October 2009 - 08:02 AM.

#8 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

Hey yes i did install them into separate folders...

But from what you wrote i did first mistake i already did install BGTWeidu and now Tweaks i hope it will be all right if not i made backup of BGI+BGII :)

OK im doing it again can you replay me fast correct order so im 100% sure? any way i screawed something up and polish language was preatu much screawed up :)

So again BGT first or last? then Fixes,Tweaks and WorldMap?

Hm im wondering its possible to import char from BGII and play from candlekeep with it so i guess theres no level cap right?

Edited by Alex1986, 25 October 2009 - 08:06 AM.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

BG2 Fixpack,
BGT v1.07
BG2Tweak Pack
BGTTweakpack ;)
Worldmap
Widescreen mod. -if you so wish.

#10 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

BG2 Fixpack,
BGT v1.07
BG2Tweak Pack
BGTTweakpack ;)
Worldmap
Widescreen mod. -if you so wish.

Thanks dude i will install in that order again thanks if you got any other tips im happy to read them :) also i will cheak the widescreen mod how even i diden't find anything wrong so far with graphics on my crt i play in 800x600 so i quess theres no point in this mod...

Isthere point in installing this http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg1tweaks/ BGI Tweak Pack? im not sure but BGII TweakPack is doing same thing already right?

And what about this mod works with BGII too or only BGI? http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=740 i quess both becouse its in BGT Weidu download right?

Edited by Alex1986, 25 October 2009 - 08:19 AM.

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

Hm im wondering its possible to import char from BGII and play from candlekeep with it so i guess theres no level cap right?

Well, the normal level cap in BGT is level 40 without the BG2 Tweak... level 30 to 50 if that is installed.

Is there point in installing this http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg1tweaks/ BGI Tweak Pack? im not sure but BGII TweakPack is doing same thing already right?

The BG1 tweaks is for BG1, not for BG2/BGT, so DO NOT INSTALL that!

And what about this mod works with BGII too or only BGI? http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=740 i quess both becouse its in BGT Weidu download right?

Read the page;

BGSpawn is a WeiDU-mod compatible with BGT-WeiDU only.

So you need to install the BGT to BG2 and then install this mod.

Hah, edit competition, yey.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 October 2009 - 09:37 AM.

#12 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hah, edit competition, yey.

Looks like it its better than spaming several posts :)

Any way i got last question for today i installed everything like you said but im wondering if its ok to install this mod as well http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=740 it adds spawns to BGI and BGII right?

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

Any way i got last question for today i installed everything like you said but im wondering if its ok to install this mod as well ... it adds spawns to BGI and BGII right?

Well it edits the BGT's BG1 area spawns, it shouldn't edit the BG2's, at least I think so.
Now you can install it as the last mod, but its suggested to be installed here:
BG2 Fixpack,
BGT v1.07
BGSpawns
BG2 Tweak Packs
BGT Tweakpack (not needed)
Worldmap
Widescreen mod (not needed)

I know, and I think I am the only one that does this, regularly... :lol:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 October 2009 - 09:39 AM.

#14 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

I know, and I think I am the only one that does this, regularly... :lol:

We love to edit i quess... :)

Hm ok thanks but seriously if i again do it i will kill my self so i just hope those spawns are good enought in other tweaks so i skip BGSpawns mod...

About BGSpawns well im sure it edits BGI spawns still i wonder what it adds its 110mb...still i think other tweaks give similar effect i hope i like randomnes :)

Edit: I know i will edit more than you and thanks for help again mate this forum is kinda dead right your only person alive?:)

Edit2: Well i was thinking any suggestion what other mods would work with each other and their order of correct instalation will be welcome :)

Edited by Alex1986, 25 October 2009 - 10:26 AM.

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

Edit2: Well i was thinking any suggestion what other mods would work with each other and their order of correct instalation will be welcome :)

Well, there is about 450 BG1/2 mods, about ~400 of those are WeiDU.exe installed mods, and 300 of those "compatible" in theory, 260 or so are. Just read this, that and more...of course you can't download the BWSv8.1, but the forums are not dead, just slow.

Now, I might recommend few mods, but there is way too many, so I'll give you a few;
Unfinished Business, and Unfinished Business for BG1 should be good, they go before the Tweak Packs...

Cerberus, my mod :devil: , goes between those...

Rogue ReBalancing, is a good mod, it goes after UB(2)... but before the Tweak_packs

Level 1 NPCs goes just before the Widescreen mod, so... although you might like this .tp2(right click the "level1npcs.tp2" file after you open the link and save it) file inserted into the Level1NPCs folder before you install it.

All those:
BG2 Fixpack
BGT v1.07
Unfinished Business for BG1
BGSpawns
Cerberus
Unfinished Business for BGII v18
BG2 Tweak Packs
BGT Tweakpack
Worldmap
Level 1 NPCs
Widescreen mod

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 October 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#16 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

BG2 Fixpack
BGT v1.07
Unfinished Business for BG1
BGSpawns
Cerberus
Unfinished Business for BGII v18
BG2 Tweak Packs
BGT Tweakpack
Worldmap
Level 1 NPCs
Widescreen mod

OK thanks i see you did already gived me order i need to install them :) i must say Unfinished Business mods look nice i just hope they got polish dialogues :)

Any way those mods are nice they don't change to much only add what's missing so i quess its right way to play modded BG.

Also i did read The Big World and well its insane combining all those mods would take a day or longer so if theres somekinda mega instalation ready for lazy people?:)

Question important one many mods use same files they don't overwrite it but add scripts right? if yes then maybe its not important have somekinda order of instalation?

PS.Level 1 Npc's looks kinda like cheat i can change Minsc into mage LOL i think i pass on that still thanks for suggestion :)

Order im going to do installation tommorow:

1.BGII Fixpack
2.BGT Weidu
3.Unfinished Business for BG1
4.BGSpawns
5.Unfinished Business for BGII v18
6.BGII TweakPack
7.BGTTweakPack
8.Rogue Rebalancing i think it fits here in this order... :)
9.Worldmap

Still not sure about BGSpawns and its only for BGI hm...

PS2.Goodnight :)

PS3.Morning :)

Edited by Alex1986, 26 October 2009 - 12:08 AM.

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

i must say Unfinished Business mods look nice i just hope they got polish dialogues :)

Well, the UB(for BG2) should have a polish translation, at least according to the readme. Don't know about the UBforBGT though.

Also i did read The Big World and well its insane combining all those mods would take a day or longer so if theres somekinda mega instalation ready for lazy people? :)

Well no, there isn't a download-able one, it would never be stable, legal nor up to date, so not really.
But the BWS is the most lazy mans version to-make-tool for that, and it has been updated again, so you can actually use it if you wish... but you won't get it in Polish and it will somewhat change the game experience, as the mods add everything and the teeth of the horse, so.

Question important one many mods use same files they don't overwrite it but add scripts right? if yes then maybe its not important have somekinda order of instalation?

Well, the mods modify some of the game files, and they add others, so its important for the mods to be installed in some order or another, and then there is the fact that some mods overwrites and some patches, and so it is important to have the most compatible install order possible, which the BWS actually gives.

Goodnight :)
Morning :)

Yes, good night, and morning to you today. The Imp checks your local time. Yes.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 26 October 2009 - 12:23 AM.

#18 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

:) Well UB for BGI is english only for BGII theres polish...

Any way is there a way i can change whole language to english every mod is english and only fev got polish translation so i think its right thing to do...

Nvm found it...but the problem is if im not wrong BGT merged both dialog.tlk files so i need to do it all over again haha please kill me :(

Since i got english versions now :cheers: i will add more mods hm banter packs,npc iep extended banter,quest pack and npc flirtpacks so help with order how to install all those would be welcome :)

Edited by Alex1986, 26 October 2009 - 01:34 AM.

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:14 AM

i will add more mods hm banter packs,npc iep extended banter,quest pack and npc flirtpacks so help with order how to install all those would be welcome :)

1. BGII Fixpack
2. BGT Weidu
3. Unfinished Business for BG1
(you can install the BGTTweak packs content here also)
4. BGSpawns
5. Banter packs
6. Npc iep extended banter
7. Quest pack
8. Unfinished Business for BGII v18
9. Npc flirtpacks
10. Rogue Rebalancing
11. BGII TweakPack
12. BGTTweakPack (or here, they just don't all affect all the mod creatures, items etc. if they are installed before)
13. Worldmap

Any more mods? :D

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 26 October 2009 - 04:35 AM.

#20 Alex1986

Alex1986
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:40 AM

Any more mods? :D

Ofcourse keep em coming :) right now im testing if there are no problems with changing language from polish to english for example some mods showed error earlier now its fine so i guess english is the way to go...

BGSpawn is not balanced atm im geting my ass kicked i need some better speels so my wild mage will do some nice damage 10 gnols is not funny on level 5 and 3 on level 4 other team mates... :)

Ok i quess it was error spawns are now normal still got me scared :)

Any way im playing with those mods:

1.BGII Fixpack
2.BGT Weidu
3.Unfinished Business for BG1
4.BGSpawns
5.Unfinished Business for BGII v18
6.BGII TweakPack
7.BGTTweakPack
8.Rogue Rebalancing
9.Worldmap

So far no problems with chnging language from polish to english so i think i can add other english mods :)

Funny thing i wanted to play only with 4 mods and now its 9 when it will end?:)

Edited by Alex1986, 26 October 2009 - 02:38 PM.