Gameplay: Acceptable AC?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:07 AM

Hi,

I'm a little into BG2 now, with my fighters having an AC of around -23.

Should I stop at this and be looking to get equipment with +Resis now?

Thanks.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

Well, being as how the maximum AC range is supposedly -20 to 20, you should've stopped a few points ago :blink:.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

I got -26 or -28 when I used a blade a few years ago. But you should have stopped some time ago. ;)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#4 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:18 AM

I believe -26 is as low as BGII can go, but it really makes no difference whether your AC is -20 or -26, an opponent can only hit you on a critical hit regardless.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#5 Martin27

Martin27
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:09 AM

My PC kensai got -24, just insane. I always got 2 and a half tank. But now Mincs is just there for the talk. I can slaughter anything single handed and i love it :devil: and Im not even half way through SoA yet, im sure there is more nifty items out there.

#6 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

I believe -26 is as low as BGII can go, but it really makes no difference whether your AC is -20 or -26, an opponent can only hit you on a critical hit regardless.

Excluding enemies with negative Thac0 of course...

#7 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Ok thanks for the replies.

I'll get my fighters AC's down to -20 and try some resis.

Which resis would you recommend to concentrate on?

#8 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Excluding enemies with negative Thac0 of course...

Which includes what, exactly? Dragons, Demogorgon (the prince of demons), and the Chromatic Demon? That's about it. Not exactly the type of encounters you need to stay prepared for on a daily basis :) . Of the resistances, I prefer fire and magic because they complement my playing style.

Edited by Sam., 29 October 2009 - 03:19 PM.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#9 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:58 AM

Which includes what, exactly? Dragons, Demogorgon (the prince of demons), and the Chromatic Demon? That's about it. Not exactly the type of encounters you need to stay prepared for on a daily basis :) . Of the resistances, I prefer fire and magic because they complement my playing style.

Most Tob bosses for instance (at least with ascension installed), though I get your point about generic creatures. Magic resistance is a good all round defense.

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 30 October 2009 - 03:59 AM.