Photo

Bug at the end of Demon ceremony

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

So with Xulaye in my party, after Phaere has been killed by the demon, there is no opportunity to stay silent or say something to the demon. Xulaye just shouts for the guards. At this point the demon dimension doors out, but then immediately dimension doors back in again. At this point, the game is in cutscene mode, and just stalls while the demon hangs around. If I remove Xulaye from the party, the regular "stay silent" option appears and the game continues as normal.

Additionally, there is a conflict between Xulaye and Yasraena about the svirfneblin patrol earlier. Xulaye will force a fight if she is in the party, which makes Yasraena leave. I tried to temporarily remove Xulaye from the party, and resolve the svirfneblin situation while Xulaye is walking towards me to complain. What seems to happen is that the dialog that has you say to Xulaye "don't go, I made a mistake" or equivalent, doesn't work. She says ok, she'll rejoin, but she doesn't. I had to CtrlQ her in. Might this fact affect the bug above?

Cheers
Vandervecken

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

That is rather weird; the demon should dimension door out, and stay dimension-doored out as I recall. The rest is correct. I'll take a look into it tomorrow and see if I can find anything! :)

As for the conflict, that's not something I'm really willing to change; it's entirely in-character for both. Xulaye won't stand for not killing the svirfneblin, and Yasraena won't stand for killing them. I'm not sure it'd make a lot of sense to try to come up with something to fix that.

#3 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

That is rather weird; the demon should dimension door out, and stay dimension-doored out as I recall. The rest is correct. I'll take a look into it tomorrow and see if I can find anything! :)

Thanks!

As for the conflict, that's not something I'm really willing to change; it's entirely in-character for both. Xulaye won't stand for not killing the svirfneblin, and Yasraena won't stand for killing them. I'm not sure it'd make a lot of sense to try to come up with something to fix that.

Oh no, the conflict is not the issue, it's the failure of the dialog that gets Xulaye out of the party temporarily, then (supposedly) back in.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Ahh, okay, I think I see the problem. Will be fixed in the next version--in the meantime, to fix the issue, you can go into lk#xulp.d and add a JoinParty() action to the appropriate state. The version I have here is TRAified (as it's the next version), otherwise I'd just post the fixed file. Sorry!

#5 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

Ahh, okay, I think I see the problem. Will be fixed in the next version--in the meantime, to fix the issue, you can go into lk#xulp.d and add a JoinParty() action to the appropriate state. The version I have here is TRAified (as it's the next version), otherwise I'd just post the fixed file. Sorry!

It's not so much an issue that I need to mod the files for myself.
The one with the demon though is.
If I leave Xulaye at the Female Fighters Guild for the demon ritual it sounds like I may well miss out on her raison d'etre, which sounds like it is to betray me and try to kill me at this point.

Cheers
Vandervecken