DA: Launch Party Thread

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

I just thought to post a launch party thread for folks to post their impressions on the game etc. when they get their hands on it (figuratively or not, depending on which version you bought).

NA Release Date: Tuesday 3 Nov
EU Release Date: Friday 6 Nov
AUS Release Date: Thursday 5 Nov

Feel free to post spoilers, but do use the [spoiler ] [/spoiler ] tags (with no spaces inbetween, it's just to get them to show here), because we get the game at different times and playthrough speeds vary.

I'm personally getting the CE on Friday, so I'll be posting my initial thoughts on the game then, but I expect some posts from the NA members here tomorrow. ;)

#2 thisisme99

thisisme99
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

Hmm... I live in Germany and on Amazon it's saying it's coming out on thursday, not on friday. The people over at the Bioware forum do also say that it's the 6th, though.

I'm confused. I really can't wait till I can put the CD into the drive... ;)

#3 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:51 AM

Mine's shipping on Wednesday, so I'm hoping to have it by Friday. Can't wait!!! ^_^ But yeah, use the spoiler tags, people!! :P

Why is it that Europe always gets everything last?.... ;)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#4 thisisme99

thisisme99
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:02 AM

Hehe, I guess they just want to tease us.

I'm going to wait outside of the store friday morning (or thursday morning, if Amazon is right). I already convinced my girlfriend that I don't really give her an option to say no... :P

Btw, nice desktop wallpapers you've got there on your DeviantArt, Eleima. ;)

#5 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:55 AM

Damn. And my video card is still busted. :(

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#6 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

I've ordered it, but I can't play it. I'm still going to be like a chirruping school-girl on the 6th, when finally, finally it's in my hands. And knowing me, I'm going to try and install, even though I know my computer can't run it!

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

Selling it on Thursday in Europe would be a breach of contract, so any store that did that en masse would be facing problems later on. Trust me, Friday is the official release date. :)

#8 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

Getting up at 9:30 am tomorrow as my Best Buy opens at 10 am...Then race back home install this puppy and play till my eyes fall out! Ill be doing Human Noble first...what about the rest of you guys?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#9 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ah, I have a class in the morning and then work until 7pm, so I'll likely have to play in the evening.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

Getting up at 9:30 am tomorrow as my Best Buy opens at 10 am...Then race back home install this puppy and play till my eyes fall out! Ill be doing Human Noble first...what about the rest of you guys?

I'm still going for Human Mage... on Friday. :angry:

#11 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Just bought on Steam, so I will be dancing around gleefully on Friday, especially since I have the day off. (Don't have 1.5GB of RAM yet, though, cause I blew all my cash on DA:O XD) 1GB on minspecs should do it, if I don't run anything else at all xD

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#12 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

I will be there when the game store opens on Friday. My computer can't run it yet, but who cares? XD

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#13 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

I'm absolutely not going to go make big puppy eyes at the guy working the game store tonight trying to get hold of a copy before tomorrow...and failing that, I'll be at their doors at 7am when they open. :P I can't wait. My female HN is dying for some Alistair love.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#14 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

Amazon has just informed me that mine has shipped!!!!! ^_^ Transatlantic flights can't fly fast enough! ;)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#15 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

I have the collectors edition...installing it as I type! Put in the codes for all the stuff that came with it...it even comes with a warhammer online code for a few items haha...The cloth map is pretty cool too...and soon ill be playing! /end brag

EDIT: I guess the collectors edition does not come with wardens keep...Boo! Guess ill have to buy it later or something...

Edited by Vicen, 03 November 2009 - 09:01 AM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

I have the collectors edition...installing it as I type! Put in the codes for all the stuff that came with it...it even comes with a warhammer online code for a few items haha...The cloth map is pretty cool too...and soon ill be playing! /end brag

EDIT: I guess the collectors edition does not come with wardens keep...Boo! Guess ill have to buy it later or something...

I'm still stuck waiting for Friday... :(

ONLY the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with free Warden's Keep (because you can't download the cloth map or the metal box).

#17 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

I was just reading the game manual (released in pdf format for free) and now I can't decide whether I want to specialize as a Shapeshifter or a Blood Mage. Or maybe an Arcane Warrior? Choices, choices... :)

#18 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

Just bought it, there were a gazillion on the shelf.

Won't be able to install until tonight though. :) However, I was successfully followed around by several of my classmates trying to get a glimpse at the manual.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#19 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

I'm still stuck waiting for Friday... :(

ONLY the Digital Deluxe Edition comes with free Warden's Keep (because you can't download the cloth map or the metal box).

Ah that makes sense I Guess to compensate and what not...So far I must say this game has been everything and more...I doubt anyone who plays this will be disappointed on these boards! Though there is one thing that makes me kinda angry...just about every chest is locked and unless your playing a rogue right away you wont be able to unlock them at all till you recruit one of course...I wish they had an option to bash it or at least have a mage be able to use a spell like knock...ah well!

#20 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

I promised myself I would stay away from the forums on the days between the American release and the UK Release, but I've failed utterly. That said, if you wade past the overwhelming amount of whiny threads, it's really encouraging to see so many threads thanking Bioware. I still have hope that this game will be what I've been waiting for.