Photo

Joneleth`s personality

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sergei Lebedeff

Sergei Lebedeff
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:10 AM

I will simply translate from russian an article I wrote in april 2009... or better to say a post I wrote).

Childhood& First steps
Lady Dorotea gives us a bit controversial data. I believe it is stated somewhere that he was a bit naive (just as any geek or nerd should be) and extremly popular among the elven girls.
I can`t agree with this for a variety of reasons.

First of all he was an elven wizard. And as far as I know elves prefr to focus on Enchantment school, which has a great deal of mind-control spells. This means that an adept elven wizard whould be an adept manipulator. And as far as Joneleth is considered to be a brilliant mage and as far as we agree that he studied arcane arts in the elven academies, we must assume that he was extremly cunning and deceptive.

( General idea: Even if you are completly out of touch with reality books on psychology will help to fix it).

Second

As far as I know elves of Faerun have an extremly free attitude towards sex. So, yes, any elf (including Joneleth) could go out with numerous partners and even participate in orgies without violating the moral standarts. But his passion towards Ellesime strikes me as a immature love and so I tend to think that probably he was to focused on his arts and to proud to behave in such manner and wanted to dedicate himself to a single partner.

That`s all for now. I have lots to say but .. I need a rest to restore my spells.

So, my points are
1. Even if Joneleth was naive, studying of Enchantment spells turned him in brilliant manipulator and deceiver. If not his obsession with divine status, he would eventually become a shadow counsellor and eminence grise of Suldansellar ( puppet-master pulling Ellesime strings - sorry for disambiguation)

2. It seems that he had an idealistic attitude towards love&sex, willing to dedicate his life to a single partner.