Tashia 2.05 G ---> Remix 1.1?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Kelvan

Kelvan
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

Hi all!
Sorry for thee question but I didn't find the answer around.
What are the differences between the two version of this mod? 2.05 G and Remix 1.1?
Just because, how -Sebarbar- said, there could be problems with different languages choices during the installation.. :-/
Thank you!
Proud To Be Elf Inside!

#2 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

Indeed, the v1.1 remix is not well traified (some texts are missing), so I guess that foreign languages doesn't work properly.

More precisely, taflirt.d is not traified, and others .d files are different from the old v2.05G, in terms of texts but also of numbers.
I think it would be more interesting to make a new complete traify.

#3 Kelvan

Kelvan
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:56 AM

So eventually what is the best version to play Tashia?
For *best* I mean bugless and complete. ;D
Proud To Be Elf Inside!

#4 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:05 AM

The remix v1.1 I guess, but you have to make an install in english.

#5 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

Someone fix up and donate those translation files, and if Lord E and Bri are not around I can set up a 1.2 or so and submit it to them for approval. Currently, I do not have my i.e. computer operational, so if someone takes the untraified files and uses weidu to .tra them and posts them here, it would definitely help.

Edited by cmorgan, 09 November 2009 - 08:01 AM.

#6 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

Someone fix up and donate those translation files, and if Lord E and Bri are not around I can set up a 1.2 or so and submit it to them for approval. Currently, I do not have my i.e. computer operational, so if someone takes the untraified files and uses weidu to .tra them and posts them here, it would definitely help.

We'll do it and by the way we'll remove the music.exe and replace it with an oggdec.exe with Tashia's soundfiles as oggs.
If we've updated the mod, we'll send you, Lord E. and Bri the new version. I hope that is fine for you.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 05 December 2009 - 12:40 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

I think it is pretty obvious I'm no longer working on Tashia (hell, I gotta get some other stuff done).

However, any improvements made (such as those mentioned above) are certainly fine by me, and big thanks as well.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

I think it is pretty obvious I'm no longer working on Tashia (hell, I gotta get some other stuff done).

However, any improvements made (such as those mentioned above) are certainly fine by me, and big thanks as well.

Bri knows it and I want to let you know, too, that we have sent cmorgan an updated version of Tashia Remix. When we get an answer from cmorgan then the new version can be released.

This is the changelog for the upcoming version:
Remix Version v1.2 (05 December 2009)
- Traified correctly dialogues\taflirt.tra
- Added AUTO_TRA command to the TP2
- Removed music.exe and added oggdec.exe with Tashia's soundfiles as oggs
- Updated to WeiDU v212
Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#9 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

LEO... what happened with this new version?, beacause in a future I'd like to work with Tashia

#10 Kelvan

Kelvan
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

Ehya!
News for the 1.2? :D
Thanx! ;)
Proud To Be Elf Inside!

#11 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

I will check my archives - I sent on the files, but I am not sure where, and I don't see it up. Leomar, do you have the version still, so I can windiff and see if the copy I have is the same as the one you have, or itf there were further fixes/changes?

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

Leomar, do you have the version still?

That might be a tad difficult seeing Leomar's been inactive for some 4 months :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#13 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

Heh. I'll go prospecting.

#14 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

OK, I have an untested package of 1.2 here - it has the following changes implemented/reimplemented (still playing with integrating the readme.txt with the realdme.html):

<p class="version">Changes in Tashia Remix v1.2, 01 April 2010 (Possible Spoilers!):</p>
<ul class="version-list">
<li>Lollorian's corrected GLOBAL typos - LE#TashiaA.d, LE#TashiaN.d</li>
<li>Lollorian's OR() fixes - LE#Tashia.baf, LE#TashiaN.baf</li>
<li>Traified correctly dialogues\taflirt.d</li>
<li>Added AUTO_TRA command to the TP2</li>
<li>Removed music.exe and added oggdec.exe with Tashia's soundfiles as oggs</li>
<li>Moved Setup-Tashia.tp2 into the mod folder</li>
<li>Updated to WeiDU v215</li>
</ul>

I am trying out the installs on my own machine, but could use someone testing the translations before we put this oout on Bri/Lored Ernie/Arian's behalf - knowing the in-depth care and work Lollorian, White Agnus and Leomar put in, it is doubtful that it is actually untested, but the translations section of the .tp2 was disabled as shipped.

I will upload shortly to this thread...

#15 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

OK, it doesn't belong here long, but a temporary upload of the test version. I changed the audio stuff to install (and uninstall) using a different system (leveraging weidu for the creation of the .bat and install/uninstall, so the mod cleans up) and rechecked behaviors with REQUIRE_COMPONENT

new changelog:

<p class="version">Changes in Tashia Remix v1.2, 01 April 2010 (Possible Spoilers!):</p>
<ul class="version-list">
<li>submitted by White Agnus and Leomar (BiG World Project), Lollorian, and cmorgan</li>
<li>Corrected and updated Readme.htm.</li>
<li>Corrected missing REQUIRE_COMPONENT check on some subcomponents if the SoA version was installed</li>
<li>Lollorian's corrected GLOBAL typos - LE#TashiaA.d, LE#TashiaN.d</li>
<li>Lollorian's OR() fixes - LE#Tashia.baf, LE#TashiaN.baf</li>
<li>Traified correctly dialogues\taflirt.d</li>
<li>Added AUTO_TRA command to the TP2</li>
<li>Removed music.exe and added oggdec.exe with Tashia's soundfiles as oggs</li>
<li>Reworked audio behaviors to make sure of a clean install/uninstall routine</li>
<li>Moved Setup-Tashia.tp2 into the mod folder</li>
<li>Updated to WeiDU v220</li>
</ul>

So all we need is Spanish, French, German, and Italian folks to see if those translations now install and
work. [DELETED: see downloads section]

The "testing" I did on the English side was an install/uninstall routine in every bone-headed way I could think of, checking results in NI.

Edited by cmorgan, 24 October 2010 - 12:11 PM.

#16 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

It doesn't work in french, because there are some strings missing in .tra files (tashiaj.tra for exemple). Anyway there is a lot of differences between v2.05g and v1.2 in .tra files; strings changed.

Well, I think you should make the new release for english players, remove the install in others languages and make a new release with updates when translations are ready (as Shed did with Yikari). Now that we have complete .tra files, thanks to you and Leomar, translators will be able to update their translation.

Edited by Graoumf, 24 October 2010 - 10:24 AM.

#17 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

OK - commenting out .tp2 lines for other languages.

I am uploading the english version of tashia_v1.2 in the downloads section.

For ranslators, if you are starting over, here are the files to be translated:

Attached File  tashia_tra_main_components.rar   67.06K   369 downloads

Attached File  tashia_tra_american_remix.rar   165.16K   388 downloads

If it helps (which I am not sure it does) the original translation files are still available in the mod - useless for installation purposes, but it might help someone.

EDIT: ...and, finally, after much fudging, I was able to update the download manager. Apparently, v1.2 has been up and running, by clicking on the "download" button - the downloads manager only shows old versions of the files below the main mod, where it does not signal what the version is. I reset for v1.3 so there is no confusion.So, latest version is a .trar file tashia_remix_v1.3.rar, accessed by using the main "download' button under Tashia's Download Manager entry.

Edited by cmorgan, 24 October 2010 - 12:47 PM.

#18 Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:34 AM

There is an old german translation in the current Tashia (1.3) download but the key line numbers dosn't match anymore to the english original.
Is it possible for you to attach the old version of Tashia where the german translation match with the english original?

After that, I can generate a new german translation with all the unchanged texts and the translator must only complete the new and changed passages.

I think I can do that for other languages too. Which languages are also obsolete like german and since which Tashia version are each of those languages obsolete? (I need the english original for all these versions for the generation.)

Thanks!

Edit:
Ohh I see... I can download the old versions after registration.

Edited by Pyrrhus, 29 May 2011 - 06:23 AM.

#19 Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

I found the english original of the german translation in 2.05.

Thanks

Edited by Pyrrhus, 29 May 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#20 Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

Ok, it's done for the german translation. The line numbers are fixed for 1.3.

All missing translations are marked with TODO.

The generation was successfully for 1789 lines.
Only 163 lines with TODOs left.

I think this is a big success.

Attached Files