83 replies to this topic

#81 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

I definitely want to try *spoiler*

In short, he offers a very different interpretation than everything you've seen and been lead to believe - and Return to Ostagar vindicates him to some degree. That said, some of my characters, like both my elves, absolutely could not forgive him for the one act he completely owns up to. Death was perhaps too merciful a punishment for that crime.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#82 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

Seems like everyone supports Harrowmont the first time around. :) Well, if you're not the Dwarf Commoner, that is.

I was disappointed that when I got Alistair and Anora to marry(I spared Loghain and didn't want to kill Alistair or allow him to become a drunkard) I got an "Anora-only" coronation video. So I had to look up "Anora and Alistair" coronation video on youtube.

One thing puzzles me: why Alistair and Anora become "full" king and queen, and male Warden who marries Anora(haven't tried it yet, but heard) doesn't become king? Is it because of the royal blood in Alistair? I wonder. Anyway, it was kind of confusing when I played a human noble female, tried a "marry Alistair" ending(it was sort of boring, though, I liked "Anora rules and Wardens remain Wardens" better), Alistair said Warden was going to be queen, and the ending said "princess-consort". I'd wish they said "princess-consort" everywhere, so there's no confusion.

#83 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

In both of the "marry royalty" endings, you're referred to as prince[ss]-consort for two reasons: you haven't actually married until six months after the battle for Denerim, and you yourself are not royalty. You're the next best thing to royalty, and you can learn during the origin that your father was almost selected as king over Cailan (so you were almost a genuine prince[ss] yourself, and Anora/Alistair know it). It's based on medieval title conventions - you'd only begin being referred to as the genuine king or queen after the wedding.

Strange you got the Anora-only coronation video after convincing Anora and Alistair to marry - I've always had the video of them both being crowned when taking that tack.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#84 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

I didn't exactly choose the "normal" track of "Alistair and Anora marry and rule jointly" - Alistair and Anora married because I spared Loghain. I didn't want to risk a rebellion OR execute Alistair, so I told the "hardened" Alistair to marry Anora. Maybe that played a role.