• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

Holy crap. Holy crap. I finished it. O_O

Finished it with mostly Normal difficulty, (though easy on the endgame levels, gotta get to sleep so can't afford much reloading xD). I think I got to somewhere around a 45% completion percent, which is pretty good for the game, completion percent and time spent considered; I did play it for almost a weekend straight, so yeah, lots to do, lot's to see. x]
Or, well, let's see... Well, the actual gameplay time would be something around 40 hours... So yeah, I guess it does come quite close to the promised 100 hours of content. Hummm. @_@

Mmmm.
At first I was a tiny bit disappointed when I started playing, I'd been a bit overhyped, but now, naa, it's a great game. Excepting a few most annoying boss fights, it's a really great game. @_@

#2 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

I beat it a couple nights ago but I didn't do any of the subquests. I enjoyed it too.

Also, I remember it being promised 60 hours....not 100.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#3 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:57 PM

I beat it last night but before I get to see the ending, game crashed. >.> Guess I'll be playing from my last save again tonight.

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

You folks play fast. I haven't even gone to De... that city that begins with a D... and I've been playing for ages. But then, I play slow, talk to people, do lot of side-quests.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#5 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

I beat it a couple nights ago but I didn't do any of the subquests. I enjoyed it too.

Also, I remember it being promised 60 hours....not 100.

Really? Hm. Now if I'd only remember where I at least think I read that... Ack, official bioware site leaves the question unanswered too. Oh well, not that it matters that much, just thought I read that somewhere.

#6 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Well, I found myself starting over after the run-around-and-get-your-big-dwarven/elven/mage-army since I'm a perfectionist and I'd missed out on so many sidequests, but I'm almost back at where I was in the main story. Plus a bunch of completed sidequests!

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#7 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

I remember seeing it on the bioware website in the main FAQ page but now I'm looking back at it and I swear they changed some stuff on it.

60 sounds more realistic that 100 anyway...unless that counts the player dying all the time, which shouldn't be counted in my opinion.

#8 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:05 AM

I'm actually only as far as Lothering, but across about 4-5 saves. I'm having a lot more success with my healer mage than my entropy mage.

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#9 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

Dude. Running with 4-5 characters at once? Indecisive much? xD

@Ace
I suppose it is, and experience says that if you subtract the reloads it indeed is much more accurate.
Still, the witcher promised 80 hours (though I can't right at the moment comment on how accurate that was), so promising 100 for a biggie like DAO would not be entirely out of the question

Edited by WeeRLegion, 10 November 2009 - 12:33 AM.

#10 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

Yeah, sure, why not? It happens because I see sooooo many times when a different character would have made a huge difference. Like wth is in that chest? What options would I get talking to a warrior as a warrior? Would being a Mage have better insight?

I am running 2 mages, cause of two different character builds. XD

Icen

#11 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:41 AM

I can't believe some of you guys have already finished the game. In my opinion, you're rushing through it, and not appreciating the finer points of it. I'm a completionist, as the Mass Effect achievement would have you think: I like doing every side-quest, talking to everyone, exploring everything, trying everything, or almost, and I feel that I get more out of my gaming experience when I do that.
So, here are my questions: don't you feel you've rushed through it? Don't you feel that you're not getting as much out of it? I mean, we've been waiting for this game for so long, and you guys are already done, and it's been out only a week. Just my thoughts. :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#12 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

Pfft, I did all the convenient sidequests that I could readily find, and I did explore a bit; whatever more there is to the game I'll discover on other playthroughs. ^^

#13 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

@Eleima: I did some sidequests but to be honest I just wanted to see how it ended. A few hours into the game, I had every intention of starting a new game immediately after finishing. It's a common pattern with me and games. If anything, it helps me to determine if the game is worth replaying or not, which in my opinion, determine's the game's worth and if my 50 dollars was a waste or not - not how many subquests and achievements there are.

Edited by theacefes, 10 November 2009 - 02:14 PM.

#14 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

I beat the game as well last night with my Human Noble Warrior...I did just about every quest except the download content...mainly because I did not know when the game would end and I was saving those 2 places for last...and before I knew it...it was too late lol...Oh well off to my Human Mage storyline now ill be sure to do those 2 places now!

It took me about id say 55-60 hours through my first playthrough...granted I have off usually between tuesday and friday...so I was able to pile up huge chunks of times on those days 10 hours + sometimes hehe...

Edited by Vicen, 10 November 2009 - 02:26 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#15 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

Well I kinda did rush thru a bit because I wanted to see the ending. But I did the sidequests as much as I could. Definitely planning to be more thorough through my second run. :)

#16 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

I just finished it too. It's no Baldur's Gate and definetely no Planescape: Torment, but then again, what is?

It's entertaining, has some alright dialogue, and the Origins are as awesome as promised. Really this game's shining feature, but that's no wonder since it's in the title. The game's best feature is it's size. It is pretty fucking huge.

BUT, and there's always a but, there's little to no exploration, it's railroaded (you determine the order of the rails, but that's it) and the dialogue is gaiderized to its fullest. First you looked for starmaps, in Mass Effect we looked for clues, and this time, you're after allies. It's a pretty clichéd formula, but it works well enough.

Except for the absolutely amazing and well-implemented origins, there's little original. In essence, it's like a Hollywood action blockbuster: Mediocre in everything but entertainment, an area in which it excels like no other. In other words, it probably won't sneak its way into my top-ten list, but it's worth the 50 bucks and then some :)

It has replayability value on par with the greatest. As much as Bloodlines, but only time will tell if the modding scene gets succesful enough for it to rival Baldur's Gate in that regard. There is certainly potential. Alot of it.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#17 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

What I don't understand is why there can't be a stupid PDF manual for the toolset. Why does everything have to be in a damn wiki? Just give me something I can *print*! <_<

If anyone can find a PDF version, I will be their friend.

#18 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

I get that some of you want to know how it ends, and see how replayable it is. Even though I plan to run this game with all my different characters and try out each and every origin story, my first playthrough is a bit special to me. A first time comes only once, and I want to savor it as much as possible. I still remember the first time I finished PS:T, or the first time I finished the sixth and last book of the Dune Chronicles (by Frank Herbert), and knew that that particular thing, that warm fuzzy feeling would never be the same again. So I'll keep trudging along, listening to everything, clicking on everyone, and be finished sometimes next week. ^_^ I guess that's just how I'm built, miss completionist and all that *shrug*.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#19 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

I can't even get it to load! Tells me to check the wiki, and I try, and it says I can't view any pages. :@

Icen

#20 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

The wiki wouldn't show up the first time I tried to load it but the second time it worked fine.