• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

Wow! I must admit, I've never even thought about that concept before... but it's amazing. :D A great start - it's a little disorienting to switch between tenses, but overall the scenes read smoothly and build up a beginning to something that I can't wait to see unfold. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the idea. :D

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#2 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

I agree on the tenses switching - Going back for another rewrite. I am still fighting POV switches, and so on. Fun challenge, though!

#3 TC Dale

TC Dale
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

Interesting and well-written, but ... is that all? Or are there going to be more? It'd be a pity if this was all there was.

#4 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

Interesting and well-written, but ... is that all? Or are there going to be more? It'd be a pity if this was all there was.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the PbP materials alone allow for 9 separate full participating characters, not counting cameos and the DM notes... the problem will not be length, but editing and writing for narrative. Right now, Michner and Hebert (Centennial/Hawaii, Dune) are decent folks, but this is a fanfic by an amateur for fun. I am trying to tailor my penchant for purple prose and Tolkienian/Baumian Wall Of Text™ Backstory And Description Pages, with little success :)

So, lots more. Some written by me, and some taken directly as joint posts with a minimum of editing. No novel here, that's for sure - the POV switches are killing me. Plus, it might be fun to play with author's styles. Sayer's "Clouds of Witness", told through correspondence... Cool idea.

#5 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

Well now, I do have to say that I like how Iain's character came out a *lot*. The chapter worked really well in that regards; introducing characters, linking us to the old BG world. I like the realistic treatment of the BG situation on the culture (Nashkel's finest) and in general. Looking forwards to more. :D

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain