Comments on Bluenose's Playthrough Thread

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

New reader, that has a newbie question.... Playthrough.... of... Dragon Age???

Yeah, Dragon Age. It started in the DA:O forum before moving here.

I should probably mention that somewhere :)

Edited by Bluenose, 25 November 2009 - 08:51 AM.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#22 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:30 AM

Teehee. x]

Great pace you're keeping with the updates, do keep it up, always a pleasure to read this stuff. ^^

#23 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

She goes down, although given how hard it is I start to wonder whether there?s some advantage for women in fighting in skimpy clothing.

Quoted for apparent truth ^_^. Love your description of your rogue's tactics and your annoyance with the Circle Tower layout - my thought exactly while I was in there. *grumbles*.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#24 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:46 AM

Not sure if it is worth risking the wrath of a ninja grey warden future-to-be-sexy-clothed elven maiden.. but euh... don't you mean Thirteenth and Fourteenth? You kind of well... used Twelth two times.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#25 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

She goes down, although given how hard it is I start to wonder whether there?s some advantage for women in fighting in skimpy clothing.

Quoted for apparent truth ^_^. Love your description of your rogue's tactics and your annoyance with the Circle Tower layout - my thought exactly while I was in there. *grumbles*.

It's my experience that for every picture of a female warrior on the internet, there are approximately 15.4 of a stripper in a warrior costume. <_<

Not sure if it is worth risking the wrath of a ninja grey warden future-to-be-sexy-clothed elven maiden.. but euh... don't you mean Thirteenth and Fourteenth? You kind of well... used Twelth two times.

There's a reason for the way I put the title, which I hope today's entry makes clear.

Edited by Bluenose, 27 November 2009 - 10:59 AM.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

#26 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hmm... with your retelling of Warden's Keep, I might actually buy the thing now although I was reluctant to at first. Even better, though, was the beginning of Redcliffe. :wub: Reading about the killing of zombies elf-ninja-style was awesome. :D Looking forwards to more, as always; you have just the perfect tone to carry this through ^_^.

#27 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

Hey! Just popping by to say; still reading and still laughing and loving it. ^^
Don't let the silence fool you, it's going awesome. @_@

#28 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:56 AM

Hmm... with your retelling of Warden's Keep, I might actually buy the thing now although I was reluctant to at first. Even better, though, was the beginning of Redcliffe. :wub: Reading about the killing of zombies elf-ninja-style was awesome. :D Looking forwards to more, as always; you have just the perfect tone to carry this through ^_^.

Warden's Keep was one of the areas I found rather more interesting. There's an actual moral choice to be made there, which is not something I've found in many other places (at least so far in my playthrough). I'm not sure what the consequences are if you choose to take the other side, but I found myself wondering whether I was on the right side a lot of the time and even afterwards was thinking that perhaps I should have killed blood-mage Warden guy.

Looking back at Redcliffe, I realise that I missed out my little kleptomaniac bloodthirsty low-attention-span elf ninja's reaction to Alistair's claim of royalty. There was so much scope to make fun of him too. <_< I think I'll add it as an interlude somewhere.

Hey! Just popping by to say; still reading and still laughing and loving it. ^^
Don't let the silence fool you, it's going awesome. @_@

Swooping is bad.
Comments are good.
Writing it is fun.

I've got a plot bunny for something else for Christmas. Title: A Very Mass Effect Christmas. And if that doesn't force me to get writing it, nothing will.

Back from the brink.

#29 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

I'm still reading this and loving it. I love the butchering of Brother Guinness and Margarine's names.

Can't wait to see how you handle the Dalish. I just finished them on my current run and there were many parts of it where I thought of your story.

Edited by theacefes, 19 December 2009 - 05:16 PM.

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#30 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:19 AM

I'm still reading this and loving it. I love the butchering of Brother Guinness and Margarine's names.

Can't wait to see how you handle the Dalish. I just finished them on my current run and there were many parts of it where I thought of your story.

The Dalish are going to have to wait. They eat [whispers]food they've caught themselves[/whispers]. Not Proper Civilised Food like jellied eels and Traditional Ferelden Cooking like curries. No-one wants a ninja :ph34r: with a poorly stomach. :lol:

Back from the brink.

#31 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

I don't mind waiting for the Dalish when everything else coming out is pure awesome. Loved your snarky and insightful insights into the Quest for the Urn. Not to mention Flemeth. I almost choked when I read your interpretation of her name. Great work, and as always, I'm looking forwards to more! :D

#32 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:15 AM

Well, looks like I didn't have to wait long at all! ^_^ I must say, I like your reasoning on the way you choose your party, as well as the flippant manner in which you're handling the romances. I don't suppose our favourite City Elf Grey Warden Ninja will get her heart captured by anyone, then? :P

#33 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

This is a little late, but i love how you maintain your Gay Alistar Theory throughout the whole journey. Not to mention his love for flames. (Would that be Pyrophillia? Or Pyrosexualism?)
Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#34 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

Well, looks like I didn't have to wait long at all! ^_^ I must say, I like your reasoning on the way you choose your party, as well as the flippant manner in which you're handling the romances. I don't suppose our favourite City Elf Grey Warden Ninja will get her heart captured by anyone, then? :P

She does get nearly naked with Leliana in the last paragraph of Part 46. And there's a little after-action-report at the start of part 47. There will be some other references, I have one or two ideas in mind.

This is a little late, but i love how you maintain your Gay Alistar Theory throughout the whole journey. Not to mention his love for flames. (Would that be Pyrophillia? Or Pyrosexualism?)

I think Pyrophilia would be the correct term for someone who has a fetish about fire.

It makes me even happier that my Grey Warden doesn't think of him as a potential sexual partner.

Back from the brink.

#35 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

It makes me even happier that my Grey Warden doesn't think of him as a potential sexual partner.

*sighs* Unfortunately, my Grey Warden against all planning decided to fall for it. *glares at screen*.

Thank you again for your updates! Seeing the alternatives for what could happen with Ser Cauthren was very interesting, and I love how sneaky your elf ninja is. :D And damn, every time I read this, you make my fingers itch to go play Dragon Age again, this time properly...

#36 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

If you're wondering where the regular daily update has gone, my video card has gone to the great video card graveyard in the sky. Until I can fit a new one (probably next weekend) there will be no more updates :(

Back from the brink.

#37 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

If you're wondering where the regular daily update has gone, my video card has gone to the great video card graveyard in the sky. Until I can fit a new one (probably next weekend) there will be no more updates :(

That's fair enough! Bad luck with the video card. *pat, pat*.

#38 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hey, just checking in to tell you we're not getting impatient at all. Nosiree :whistling:

Seriously, sorry about your video card, but regardless of it you should take all the time you want living, and update the thread just when you feel like it. You'll find us faithful readers ready to enjoy anyway.
And because of the pause in your thread, i finally checked out Darths&Droids. I don't know how could i spend all this time on the web without knowing it. Pure hilariousness, thans for linking!
Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#39 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

It lives!

Zombie like, my playthrough staggers from the grave and lurches forward.

Back from the brink.

#40 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

DEAR PLAYTHROUGH THREAD, PLEASE DON'T EAT MY BRAINS.

Ahem.

Nice to see it up and running again. :3

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!