Photo

Virus in Tashia Remix v1.1 !!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dot

Dot
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

I am just a newcomer feeling interested in Tashia, and I ask for some help here.

Well, just as the topic said, I found a virus name "DR/Delphi.Gen" so that I can't setup the file @@.

My software is Avira AntiVir Personal.

Can anyone offer me another link?? Thank you.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

It's a false-positive :D Don't worry!!!

If you have the option to submit the file to Avira for testing, do so ... The definitions will be updated within a few days to NOT classify the file as a virus :D (btw, besides Tashia Remix v1.1, this problem also exists in Kivan and Deheriana Companions v8.1 ;))

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Dot

Dot
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:17 AM

It's a false-positive :D Don't worry!!!

If you have the option to submit the file to Avira for testing, do so ... The definitions will be updated within a few days to NOT classify the file as a virus :D (btw, besides Tashia Remix v1.1, this problem also exists in Kivan and Deheriana Companions v8.1 ;))

Cheers,
Lol

Huh!!!

This is my first time to encounter this kind of problem :blink: or maybe not just I didn't sense it.....

Anyway, thank you for helping me :rolleyes:

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

Well, I don't want someone to accidentally leave themselves open...

Another individual is up on the problem, I believe. Sorry I can't do more on my end (I was just mainly the writer)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

There wasn't any virus, don't worry--it's a false positive. Some virus scanners think WeiDU is a virus.

Well, it sort of it, but only from the perspective that once you get the WeiDU illness, it takes a long while until you get better. :P

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

Hmm, actually, I was wondering why only these 2 mods get cast out while many others in .exe packages are left as they are. At my end, my antivirus (avast) leaves them be while a-squared detects these 2 as Generic Trojans (but it does has a high False Positive-rating :P)

Btw, it doesn't seem to be the Seup-XXX's included that's the problem. Specifically, for Tashia, it's the music.exe file in the mod folder that gives this, and for kivan, it's the archive package itself :o

Someone with a better connection than mine should probably upload both mods to virustotal and sticky their results until the false-positives are gone :P (it always fails when I upload :crying:)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 08 December 2009 - 10:15 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Well, I don't want someone to accidentally leave themselves open...

Another individual is up on the problem, I believe. Sorry I can't do more on my end (I was just mainly the writer)

Well, you could always update the WeiDU.exe to v212(00) from the archives inhere.

There wasn't any virus, don't worry--it's a false positive. Some virus scanners think WeiDU.exe is a virus.

:devil:
And technically portion of the WeiDU.exe's code has the resemblance of a virus, so it's detected as one. <_<

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

In the next version of Tashia, the music.exe is removed and the oggdec.exe is used.
See here for the recent news.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

Umm, just letting you know that Tashia's music.exe is being (falsely) detected as a Generic-Trojan by Avast starting from 18-01-2010 ... (makes me paranoid since it's almost never wrong ... except that one time when it totally broke some PCs :P but that's ancient now :D)

It'd be great if it could be updated soon ...