CTD with Bigworld

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vampire Killer

Vampire Killer

Dark Metamorphosis

• 82 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

I just finished the installation process of the most recent Big World package, Tactical Version. I started a BG2 game (shadows of amn) and a flashback sequence from your past with Gorion starts. I went through some dialog with Gorion and after I finished dialog, the game hitched and crashed to desktop with no error message box. According to my resource meter and task manager, I had plenty of memory and cpu overhead available.

The other thing is, I have the widescreen mod installed but it was black-boxed on the left side of my screen and looked kind of blurry.

Apart from that, I would like to post my weidu.log for whoever would like to examine it since a few errors were found in the installation. But surprisingly, not too many. Thanks for any guidance.

Attached Files

I can do this!

#2 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

I just finished the installation process of the most recent Big World package, Tactical Version. I started a BG2 game (shadows of amn) and a flashback sequence from your past with Gorion starts. I went through some dialog with Gorion and after I finished dialog, the game hitched and crashed to desktop with no error message box. According to my resource meter and task manager, I had plenty of memory and cpu overhead available.

The other thing is, I have the widescreen mod installed but it was black-boxed on the left side of my screen and looked kind of blurry.

Apart from that, I would like to post my weidu.log for whoever would like to examine it since a few errors were found in the installation. But surprisingly, not too many. Thanks for any guidance.

I am almost sure that people wanting to help you (and able to help you, what I am not) will need the content of your "Baldur.err" file (there is sometimes informations about CTD in this file).

#3 Vampire Killer

Vampire Killer

Dark Metamorphosis

• 82 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for the reply. That particular file is blank except for where it says "Begin Logging" and "End Logging". Strange.
I can do this!

#4 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:12 PM

Was your widescreen-setting valid?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#5 Vampire Killer

Vampire Killer

Dark Metamorphosis

• 82 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

I set it to 1280x1024 as I have a 4:3 crt. Always worked in the past. However, I am noticing that the game config tool keeps setting itself to an un-supported x960 resolution mode. I keep disabling it and it keeps re-enabling itself.
I can do this!

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Have you read the first post in this thread? What Graphic card do you have?

I set it to 1280x1024 as I have a 4:3 crt. Always worked in the past. However, I am noticing that the game config tool keeps setting itself to an un-supported x960 resolution mode. I keep disabling it and it keeps re-enabling itself.

The resolution part of the game config is not used anymore, if you use the Widescreen mod... or so I read. :whistling:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 Vampire Killer

Vampire Killer

Dark Metamorphosis

• 82 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

I have an Nvidia GTX 285. I know the resolution part isn't used with Widescreen mods. That's what makes this so strange. It keeps setting itself to 1280x960 in the BGConfig tool each time.
I can do this!

#8 Drewkey

Drewkey
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

What Exception code and Address are you getting? (You need to look at the details of what is to be sent to microsoft from the dump if you don't know where to
look)
There's a fine line between Genius and Madness... And I'm sure I could find it if my space hamster hadn't hidden my glasses.

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

You'll have to set Logging On=1 under Program Options in your baldur.ini file too to get anything in baldur.err (though if you have that file at all, it should be set already). If it's an actual game-related crash, there should almost always be some sort of data returned in that file. Maybe not if it's a Widescreen thing, I dunno.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#10 Vampire Killer

Vampire Killer

Dark Metamorphosis

• 82 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

I never got a message, it was a clean crash to desktop. I'll check around for a dump or log file though. I think I fixed the graphical issue. I just installed really new drivers (released Nov 18th) and so far so good. I'm still in the part where you get sent back 10 years for a flashback with Gorion. The kid walks so slow it's not even funny. Is that a part of the actual BG:T mod or is it something else? Thanks for the replies.
I can do this!

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

I never got a message, it was a clean crash to desktop... I'm still in the part where you get sent back 10 years for a flashback with Gorion. The kid walks so slow it's not even funny. Is that a part of the actual BG:T mod or is it something else?

The 10 years back is from the Check the Bodies mod. The lag can usually be greatly reduced with this guides point 4.
Though I have no info why anything would lead to the CtD.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 November 2009 - 11:16 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 Vampire Killer

Vampire Killer

Dark Metamorphosis

• 82 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to comb through that guide when I get a chance. If all else fails, should I just post in the BG2 general section to get some non-Bigworld mod setups? Thanks again.
I can do this!