[In progress]Faiths and Pantheons

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

I've made something like second version of overall kit/deities idea incorporating Specialty Priest system etc.

SPECIALTY PRIEST

Advantages:
- Gain more abilities from his deity than other clerics. (see Holy Symbol's descriptions for more details).

Disadvantages:
- Can cast one spell less than non-kitted cleric.
- Additional, specific for selected deity disadvantages. (see Holy Symbol's description for more details).

CRUSADER

Advantages:
- Once per day can summon spiritual weapon which comes from his deity. works similiar to DR's Spiritual Weapon).
- Use fighter's ThaC0 progression table (+1 per level)
- Once per day per 4 levels can use "Rally allies" which allows him to recite holy words of his god, which encourages his allies to fight. After using it, for next 5 rounds every ally in sight range gain +1 to ThaC0, Damage, AC, additional attack per round and becomes immune to fear.

Disadvantages:
- Cannot cast 6th and 7th level spells.

MYSTIC

Advantages:
- Can cast spells which comes from (Lesser) Divination school of arcane magic.
- Can select one school of arcane magic spells (1st-7th level spells only; cannot select Divination) which he is capable of casting from cleric's scroll.

Disadvantages:
- Cannot use armors with exception of robes.
- Use wizard's ThaC0 progression table (+1 per 4 levels)

LATHANDER'S HOLY SYMBOL

- At 1st level once per day can cast Sunschorch
- At 7th level once per day can cast Hold Undead
- At 14th level once per day can cast False Dawn

Spiritual Weapon: mace "Dawnbringer"

Domain powers for Speciality Priests:
- Cannot cast spells: Animate Dead, Control Dead, Finger of Death
- Immunity to level drain
- At 1st level once per day can cast Sunschorch
- At 3rd level once per day can cast Aid
- At 5th level once per day can cast Hold Undead
- At 7th level once per day can cast Lesser Restoration
- At 9th level once per day can cast Repulse Undead
- At 11th level once per day can cast False Dawn
- At 14th level once per day can cast Sunray

HELM'S HOLY SYMBOL

- At 1st level once per day can cast Shield
- At 7th level once per day can cast Glyph of Warding
- At 14th level once per day can cast True Sight

Spiritual Weapon: bastard sword "Everwatching"

- Cannot turn undead
- Immunity to backstab
- At 1st level once per day can cast Shield
- At 3rd level once per day can cast Show Invisibility
- At 5th level once per day can cast Glyph of Warding
- At 7th level once per day can cast Foresight
- At 9th level once per day can cast Minor Spell Turning
- At 11th level once per day can cast True Sight
- At 14th level once per day can cast Mantle

TALOS'S HOLY SYMBOL

- At 1st level once per day can cast Shocking Grasp
- At 7th level once per day can cast Call Lighnting
- At 14th level once per day can cast Chain Lightning

Spiritual Weapon: spear I don't remember

- Cannot turn undead
- 50% immunity to electricity
- At 1st level once per day can cast Shocking Grasp
- At 3rd level once per day can cast Lightning
- At 5th level once per day can cast Call of Lightning
- At 7th level once per day can cast Ice Storm
- At 9th level once per day can cast Protection from Lightning
- At 11th level once per day can cast Chain Lightning
- At 14th level once per day can cast Earthquake

Note: to resolve the problem of usability flags I will allow to clerics and monks to use robes. As far as I remember, Monk is threatened as kit. But not sure - are Mystics gonna lose access to staves? That'd be very, very bad. (and I think, that they'll be left with weapon choice: staff, sling, club... damn, they need something more).

Note2: I'm afraid that Mystic kit is going to be deprecated, if question of his item usability restrictions cannot be properly handled. Maybe that's fine because there's already one "kit similiar to multiclass" - Crusader, who's connection between fighter and cleric. And Paladin. But still, Mystic covered all of arcane magic/knowledge gods such as Mystra, Azuth, Selune, Shar etc. Maybe we don't need it because there's already Cleric/Mage multiclass? I don't know. What are your propositions?

I was thinking about... Inquisitor kit for clerics (with changing the title of vanilla paladin's kit into Witch Hunter). His abilities in my interpretation looks like this:

INQUISITOR
- +4 to thaco and damage against clerics
- Once per day per 2 levels can cast Know Alignment and Incite Fear
- At 5th level gain Strong Will ability, which grants him permanent +3 bonus to saves vs. spells
- At 7th level can once per day per 4 levels cast Dispel Magic spell, which works as casted by a cleric with 2x of original caster's level.
- At 14th level can once per day cast True Sight spell

- Starts game with -2 penalty to Reputation.
- Cannot use heavy armours (plate mails) and shields.
- Cannot turn undead.

But it's very similiar to old kit... and cannot be easily connected to a group of deities. Ok. They may have their own Inquisition which is fighting against heretics. With example of cleric's stronghold quest. Still, not sure about making it so significant.

Please, throw your ideas and let's check what can come from brainstorming. :)

Edited by yarpen, 28 November 2009 - 11:31 PM.

#22 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

Spiritual Weapon
Spiritual weapons are based on ideas which come from Divine Remix mod, but there are two significant differences: they are available only to Crusaders (as their all-mighty weapon of destruction in the name of god) and they've got some additional effects. In DR's the only difference between cleric's SW were their item types - one was spear, second was sword etc. No, it cannot be. Spear of Stormlord will deal additional damage from electicity and have a chance for stunning. Dawnbringer's Mace will deal additional damage to any evil creature, and will have a chance to destroy undead creature. It's not PnP change, but effects are based on god's avatars powers (or rather their weapon's powers). I hope that this change is ok.

#23 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:40 AM

LATHANDER'S HOLY SYMBOL
- Cannot cast spells: Animate Dead, Control Dead, Finger of Death

The other Symbols will have their own spell restrictions added eventually, right?
I got to hand it to you, this is far better idea, than the one in Divine Remix that restricts way too many spells...
But I have to note, the "Faiths and Pantheons" will check if the Spell Revision mods divine component is installed and so use it's spells -if it is, right? This is cause the install order commonly will probably be 'spell mods' and then 'Kit mods'. At least in BWS.

As far as I remember, Monk is threatened as kit.

The Monks are threaded as Monks.

I'm afraid that Mystic kit is going to be deprecated, if question of his item usability restrictions cannot be properly handled. Maybe that's fine because there's already one "kit similiar to multiclass" - Crusader, who's connection between fighter and cleric. And Paladin. But still, Mystic covered all of arcane magic/knowledge gods such as Mystra, Azuth, Selune, Shar etc. Maybe we don't need it because there's already Cleric/Mage multiclass? I don't know. What are your propositions?

Well, there are ways to go around any/almost any restrictions, but they might be far more complicated than you think. Like say your Mystic idea... we take a pure single class cleric and that thinks he could become a Mystic, we give him a special item that once read, runs a script that casts a few spells on him, the script(alike this) can also dual-class him into mage-> the said cleric/*or class* of your choice with the Kit of choice with this kind of structure... we can also make the triggered spell remove the mages ability to cast any mage spells but the dual class would allow him/her to use the robes and scrolls that the same mage->cleric and Cleric/Mage can. I know that only cause there is Narcissa who is mage->cleric+Kit without mage book access... as said, this way, in theory you can make a mage classed Kit be selectable from the clerics Kit selection, that uses some script made available by a item or the kits specified clab****.2da file, to dual to the wanted class and kit... so the Mystic is available from the cleric kits selection. It also requires for the Mystic to be at cleric level 2 to re-gain the mage item use etc.
:rolleyes: Hope that you can make sense of that.

Spiritual Weapon
...Dawnbringer's Mace will deal additional damage to any evil creature, and will have a chance to destroy undead creature, eventyally.

Right, not at level 1 without saves. :devil:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 November 2009 - 10:29 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#24 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:03 AM

Right, not at level 1 without saves.

At 1st level with 5% chance and +2 saving throw bonus. Don't worry. :) Lathander is only lending a bit of his power, so it should be significant for a player but still, not too powerfull. Every weapon will have one "for sure" power (like additional damage vs. undead) and more powerfull but chance-based "show of the power of god".

#25 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

Note2: I'm afraid that Mystic kit is going to be deprecated, if question of his item usability restrictions cannot be properly handled. Maybe that's fine because there's already one "kit similiar to multiclass" - Crusader, who's connection between fighter and cleric. And Paladin. But still, Mystic covered all of arcane magic/knowledge gods such as Mystra, Azuth, Selune, Shar etc. Maybe we don't need it because there's already Cleric/Mage multiclass? I don't know. What are your propositions?

I'm no modder nor experienced tester, merely an observer sitting by to watch the work be done and give whatever aid I can if able and possible

But I still say your idea is awesome, don't give it up! Paladins can't cast divine spells until like what... level 9?

Crusaders (While I like the name.. it sounds so awesome, but I still think Battlepriest fits better, maybe because I played NWN2 with the prestige class too much but eh) can already start hacking and slashing like a fighter with priest spells at low level, not limited until high level spells, perhaps a disadvantage of reducing a spell slot per spell level would make it even with the low level clerics?

Of course, maybe I don't have my head clear and you already have something else to balance it, but just to let you know, this mod is legit and should be done for the greater cause of Divine Classes!

Best of luck friend.
I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#26 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

Becouse I' really drunk i"ll say - I'll try, Fcuk.

#27 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

What did I tell you about that Polish vodka, mate? :unsure:

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:36 AM

What did I tell you about that Polish vodka, mate? :unsure:

That: "It's too good to be wasted tomorrow." -and then you started to ... well, devour the stack of bottles yarpen had stored. ;)

#29 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:06 AM

Uh, huh. Sorry for my "heaviln'drunk post". Writing when intoxinated isn't the best idea of the year. Again: sorry. Still, I have to say that yes, polish vodka is delicious, after drinking 1l I even don't have hangover :D And I've had proggraming assignment today, passed.

#30 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

Sounds very cool indeed!

#31 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:13 PM

Everyone loves a bit of necroposting? I don't have any proper progress in developing of this mod, so this 'follow-up to comment' is a bit strange. I'm in the point where I don't have good idea of selection of cleric's kits. These presented are too generic: one is like fighter-cleric, second is like mage-cleric, third is mechanic requirement. Anyone with good knowledge about AD&D cleric kits? I only know about: Crusader, Shaman, Mystic, Speciality Priest. And don't have nearly any informations about them with exception of fact, that they do exist.

#32 Tieflingz

Tieflingz

SS Promotionist

• 100 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Everyone loves a bit of necroposting?

We all do when its meaningful, and if there are confusion and doubt in your mind of the project, I'd say clearing them out of the way is meaningful!

These presented are too generic: one is like fighter-cleric, second is like mage-cleric, third is mechanic requirement.

They're not :unsure:

From my understanding, BG series (modded or unmodded alike) have 3 stages of levels for kits, determining whether the Kit will grow more powerful or more restricted in their progression

One is low level, level 1 - 10 (+ or - 2 I suppose)
Kits have not develop their essential abilities yet (Or some may have, since certain abilities started their counts at level1 or a level below 5)
Passive Bonus already/have not kicked in

Medium Level, level 10 - 20 (+ or - 2, fighter start their HLA earlier in the level table, yet with the same experience Thieves will gain more level, so can't say for certain what level it is)
Kits begin to develop their abilities and bonuses to differ themselves from their true classes or sibling kits,

High Level, Level 20+ (Up to Level50 if with uncapped mod)
Kits can easily stack their bonuses and HLAs, which at this point Advantages/Disadvantages will become more/less apparent, or not. Ex: Assassin's 15% Skill/Level compared to Thieves' 25% Skill/Level, the difference becomes significant no matter at what level
------
In simple comparison for Crusader:
Is it really like Fighter-Cleric? Certainly not. Is it like Paladin? Certainly not, as well.

Crusaders (in my understanding) can progress their THAC0 like a fighter, while casting spells already. But their divine spellcasting ability is limited to max of level 5. Not to mention they cannot turn-undead while F/C and Paladins can. (Don't forget that Crusader is a kit in the section of Cleric, and not being able to turn undead? Heh)

Fighter/Cleric multiclasses have much slower progression, since they have two classes to worry about rather than only one. But it becomes beneficial in the future nonetheless. (Note that they will be able to cast Level 7 spells and fight like a fighter, and they benefit from both HLA tables, but the progress lags really much compare to single classes)

Paladins will not be casting divine spells until level9 except for the innate abilities that are granted. And I believe at high level it's limited to level 4, and their spell slots are poor comparing to any cleric (Well, wisdom modifier comes in in this, yet Paladins have barely any difference with high wisdom)

So, in my humble opinion.... Crusaders are much different to Fighter/Cleric or Paladins (I still think Battlepriest/Warpriest will fit better, Crusader sounds too offensive even though it's an awesome word and it's an actual kit [?])

Please finish the mod!! It is do-able, I think forming the basic ideas (Which you have done it) is already good enough. The coding and scripting of the spells and its spheres can be done later, it's a large work which requires maybe even more modders to help out.

Edited by Tieflingz, 31 December 2009 - 02:01 PM.

I am: Human-Essentric (Halflings/Gnomes/Dwarves/Tieflings are favored)
Fetish: Backstab Ability (That includes Blackguards!)
Alignment: Mainly Any Evil and, to some extent, Chaotic Neutral
Nemesis:
Aasimar (Unless s/he's evil like Belueth the Calm)
Elf (I just don't like those pointy ears)
Paladin (You could guess why)
Weapon of Choice:
Short Sword/Thrown Daggers + Buckler

#33 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:46 AM

Howdie, thanks for good word and a bit of constructive opinions.

Please finish the mod!! It is do-able, I think forming the basic ideas (Which you have done it) is already good enough. The coding and scripting of the spells and its spheres can be done later, it's a large work which requires maybe even more modders to help out.

Spells, scripts aren't any problem. Even BAMs. It's just about having fine vision which will make this overall change natural for most of players (so they'll not see three new cleric kits or dumb new deity system of dumb guy, but a proper revision of "how it should look in-game").

I've got Crusader's and Shaman's descriptions! :D

And don't worry, after exams session (end of January) I'll certainly try to do something with this idea. :)
Thanks,
- Yarp

Edited by yarpen, 10 January 2010 - 10:57 AM.

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

So many ... cool kits ... must include ... in KITLIST!!! :woot:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#35 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hey Lol, no need to be so enthusiastic, I don't even have a single file for this mod ready. Even ideas are in scratch. :( But I hope that there will be day when you'll put it in your famous Kitlist. :ph34r:

Also I'm thinking about... using Sphere system of Divine Remixes. Still, here are some notes from current project's stage.

Cleric Kits

Speciality Priest

Advantages:
- Gain additional benefits from his faith (domain power and additional spell-like abilities at levels 3, 5, 9, 11).

Disadvantages:
- Can cast one spell less than kitless cleric.
- Additional disadvantages and restrictions from his faith.

Crusader

Advantages:
- Use fighter's ThaC0 progress table instead of cleric's one.
- Once per day can summon Spiritual Weapon, which type depends on his selected faith. Even if it's weapon restricted to clerics, he can use if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. It's attack and damage rolls, enchantment level and various effects depends on Crusader's level. It's regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. More details about additional effects you can read in Holy Symbol's description. The Spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.
- At 7th level gain additional 1/2 of attack per round when using Spiritual Weapon. Bonus rise to full additional attack at level 14th.

Disadvantages:
- Cannot cas 6th and 7th level cleric spells.
- Cannot turn undead.

Mystic

Advantages:
- Gain 5 lore points per level.
- Gain access to wizard's spells from (Lesser) Divination school.
- Gain access to selected school of 1-7 level wizard's spells with exception of Divination.

Disasdvantages:
- Cannot use plate armours and shields heavier than buckler.
- Cannot turn undead.

Holy Symbols of Lathander/Helm/Talos

LATHANDER

Domain power: permament +2 to AC and saving throws against Undead.

Domain spells:
1st level: Sunschorch
3rd level: Aid
5th level: Hold Undead
7th level: Lesser Restoration
9th level: Sunfire
11th level: False Dawn
14th level: Greater Restoration

Spiritual weapon: Mace "Dawnbringer"
- Protection from Negative Plane
- Bane of Undead: +2 to ThaC0 and +8 to Damage

Additional spells: Rosemantle, Lathander's Boon, Lathander's Shield, Greater Lathander's Shield

Limitations: cannot cast spells Animate Dead, Finger of Death, Gate

HELM

Domain power: +1 to all saving throws

Domain spells:
1st level: Shield
3rd level: Detect Invisibility
5th level: Clairvorance
7th level: Foresight
9th level: Protection from Normal Weapons
11th level: True Seeing
14th level: Mantle

Spiritual weapon: Bastard Sword "Everywatching"
- Protection from Backstab
- Dispel magic: dispels all magic every hit (save vs. wands negates)

Limitations: have to use Holy Symbol as armour.

TALOS

Domain power: once per day can use Devastating Blow (grants +2 to attack and damage rolls for 1 round per level)

Domain spells:
1st level: Shocking grasp
3rd level: Lightning
5th level: Call Lightning
7th level: Ice Storm
9th level: Protection from Eletricity
11th level: Chain Lightning
14th level: Earthquake

Spiritual weapon: Shortspear "Fury of Talos"
- 50% immunity to eletricity
- Charged: dealing additional 1d6 lightning damage

Limitations: cannot turn Undead.

Personal thoughts: I'm thinking about deprecating Speciality Priest kit, and granting all of powers to kitless cleric because when it's about disadvantages of Speciality Priests I'm quite shorthanded. I don't have any sensible alternative for him.

I've started using revised version of Divine Remix Spiritual Weapons, after their normal effect they also posess one 'while equipped' and one 'combat' effect. They're quite powerfull, but this weapon lasts only for 1 round per level. Effects are based on deities avatar's weapons and powers. I've changed Helm's dispel illusion into dispel magic. He's all magic-hater.

Sorry that there are only Lathander's new spells listed. They're quite cool! Especially Lathander's Shield which is Protection from Normal Weapons which works for 10 seconds but on selected target; Greater Lathander's Shield works on weapons +1 and +2.)

That's all for now.

Edited by yarpen, 10 January 2010 - 01:40 PM.

#36 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

Here's new version of Mystic kit based on PnP sources. It needs some revisions, implementation is very rough but still interesting. Great controller with limited fighting capabilities.

MYSTIC: Mystics believe that to serve their deities they need to experience the world, learn about its hidden beauties and truths, and learn how their own inner selves relate to outward things.

Mystics are individualistic and indepenedent by nature as such they cannot be lawful in alignment.

Advantages:
- Starts game with +1 bonus to saves vs. spells
- Once per day per 4 levels can cast Sleep
- At 3rd level can once cast Find Familiar spell.
- At 5th level can once per day use Brew Potion ability
- At 10th level can once per day cast Domination
- At 15th level can once per day cast Mass Charm

Disasdvantages:
- Uses mage's ThaC0 progress ability instead of cleric's one.
- Cannot use any armors.
- Cannot turn undead.

Brew potion allows to create one of listed below potions:
1) Antidote (20%)
2) Potion of Healing (20%)
3) Potion of Extra Healing (15%)
4) Elixir of Healing (15%)
5) Potion of Clarity (10%)
6) Potion of Freedom (10%)
There exists 10% chance of failing, where 5% means no effect and 5% deals 10 points of poison damage to Mystic and blinds him for 5 rounds.

Edited by yarpen, 11 January 2010 - 02:48 PM.

#37 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Here's attempt to finalise most of kit builds and descriptions and first try of writing whole Holy Symbol stuff. Looks quite messy, but I hope it'll be cleaned a bit.

Cleric's Kits

CRUSADER: When clerics can be described as defenders of the faith, crusader is a weapon against the enemies of temple they serve. He is a true soldier-priests, skilled in physical combat and armed with spells appropriate for the battlefield.

Advantages:
- Use Warrior's ThaC0 progress table instead of Priest's one.
- Once per day can summon Spiritual Weapon, which type depends on his selected faith. Even if it's weapon restricted to clerics, he can use if the caster had grand mastery in the weapon. It's attack and damage rolls, enchantment level and various effects depends on Crusader's level. It's regular weapon at levels 1-5, +1 at levels 6-10, +2 at 11-15, +3 at 16-20, +4 at 21-25, and +5 at levels 26 and above. More details about additional effects you can read in Holy Symbol's description. The Spiritual weapon lasts for one round per level of the caster, up to 20 rounds.
- At 7th level gain additional 1/2 of attack per round when using Spiritual Weapon. Bonus rise to full additional attack at level 14th.

Disadvantages:
- Cannot cast 6th and 7th level cleric spells.
- Cannot turn undead.

MYSTIC: Mystic believe that to serve his deity he needs to experience the world, learn about its hidden beauties and truths, and learn how his inner self relate to outward things.

Mystics are individualistic and indepenedent by nature as such they cannot be lawful in alignment.

Advantages:
- Once per day per 4 levels can cast Sleep.
- At 1st level gain +1 bonus to saves vs. spells.
- At 4th level can once cast Find Familiar.
- At 8th level can three times per day cast Dire Charm.
- At 12th level can once per day cast Mass Charm.

Disasdvantages:
- Uses mage's ThaC0 progress ability instead of cleric's one.
- Cannot use any armors.
- Cannot turn undead.

SPECIALITY PRIEST: description.

Advantages:
- At 1st level obtain unique domain power and unavailable for other clerics deity-related spells. (for more details: see your Holy Symbol's description)
- At levels 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 14th obtain granted by his faith spell-like abilities. (for more details: see your Holy Symbol's description)

Disadvantages:
- Can cast one spell less than non-kitted cleric.
- Additional, specific for selected deity disadvantages. (for more details: see your Holy Symbol's description)

Holy Symbol of Lathander (version for Cleric/Crusader/Mystic/Paladin and Speciality Priest)

A powerful, exuberant god, Lathander is known as the Commander of Creativity and the Morninglord. As the gof of beginnings, Lathander traditionally receives prayer from many inhabitants of Faerun at the start of a journey or endeavor. Lathander's name is invoked to seal alliances and start new ventures of companies. As a result, the god is very popular among the merchant classes. Though depicted as young, Lathander's noble bearing and demeanor serve him well among the nobility, who also favor his worship in many places.

Only characters of Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good or Lawful Neutral alignment can venerate Lathander.

STATISTICS:

Special:
Holy Symbol: is required for Clerics to use abilities like divine spellcasting or Turning Undead.
Spiritual Weapon (Crusader only): crusader devoted to Lathander can once per day summon spiritual mace known as Dawnspeaker. Besides standard enchantment it grants to wielder two effects.
- Protection from Negative Plane.
- Bane of Undead: +2 to ThaC0 and +8 to Damage against Undead creatures.
Spiritual Weapon lasts for 1 round per casters level.

Usable by:
Cleric
Crusader
Mystic

A powerful, exuberant god, Lathander is known as the Commander of Creativity and the Morninglord. As the gof of beginnings, Lathander traditionally receives prayer from many inhabitants of Faerun at the start of a journey or endeavor. Lathander's name is invoked to seal alliances and start new ventures of companies. As a result, the god is very popular among the merchant classes. Though depicted as young, Lathander's noble bearing and demeanor serve him well among the nobility, who also favor his worship in many places.

Only characters of Neutral Good alignment can become Morninglords (Speciality Priests of Lathander).

STATISTICS:

Advantages:
- Holy Symbol: is required for Clerics to use abilities like divine spellcasting or Turning Undead.
- Domain Power: +2 bonus to saves and AC vs. Undead creatures.
- Domain Spells: Morninglords obtain at certain levels spell-like abilities which are coming directly from Lathander and reflects different aspects of Sun and Reneval.
1st level: Sunschorch
3rd level: Aid
5th level: Hold Undead
7th level: Lesser Restoration
9th level: Sunfire
11th level: False Dawn
14th level: Greater Restoration
- Additional spells: Sunschorch (1st level), Lathander's Boon (4th level), False Dawn (6th level), Sunray (7th level).

Disadvantages:
- Restricted spells: Doom, Animate Dead, Unholy Blight, Poison, Control Undead, Create Undead, Finger of Death, Summon Death Knight

Usable by:
Speciality Priest

I hope you'll like it. :)

EDIT: because I'm thinking about making Spell Revision major platform for this mod, I've made Sunschorch, False Dawn and Sunray spells as spells available to Morninglords. Currently I'm not on stage of creating new spells, so I think sticking to these ones will be fine. I'm not sure about Sunray - is it available for clerics in SR?

Edited by yarpen, 11 January 2010 - 07:07 PM.

#38 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

EDIT: because I'm thinking about making Spell Revision major platform for this mod, I've made Sunscorch, False Dawn and Sunray spells as spells available to Morninglords. Currently I'm not on stage of creating new spells, so I think sticking to these ones will be fine. I'm not sure about Sunray - is it available for clerics in SR?

Sunray is a druid-only spell in SR. If it's given as a domain spell that probably won't matter though.

#39 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

Question: Are you going to base the Kits on the 50 level rule cap?
As it's as easy as just putting more numbers on a table.
You might also wish to offer the classes and kit something to look forward beyond the 14th or 15th level.
And it's best if you do not base the mod on any single mod, but make it totally independent, but of course you should be able to copy&modify the resources of any other mod, as long as you give the credit in the possible readme.

#40 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

If it's given as a domain spell that probably won't matter though.

It's going to be available for druids and Morninglords (Lathander's Speciality Priest) only. I don't want to ruin balancing of Spell Revision mod.

You might also wish to offer the classes and kit something to look forward beyond the 14th or 15th level.

Domain spells reflects spells which clerics normally gain at new levels. Thankt so fact that I'm using non-removable item, F&P Speciality Priest at 3rd level will not gain access to 2nd level spells but instead, he will be capable of casting f.e. Aid spell (as Morninglord). Domain spells are important part of F&P mechanics, as Speciality Priest you can get access to wizard's and druid's spells - but normal cleric is more versalite, because instead of Aid he may use Cure moderate wounds or any other 2nd level spell.

Question: Are you going to base the Kits on the 50 level rule cap?

I don't like this idea. PnP sources are mentioning 40th level mainly because of gods, not because of players.

And it's best if you do not base the mod on any single mod, but make it totally independent, but of course you should be able to copy&modify the resources of any other mod, as long as you give the credit in the possible readme.

Personally Spell Revision is a mod which can be called fixpack because of amount of work spent on balancing and revising spells. I'm basing on SR's new spells, changes and tweaks - it's a lot easier than try to fix everything manually. SR also isn't a sort of mod with a lot of compatibility issues, so I dunno why not to use it everytime.