Photo

Any quick way to make sure IA installed fine?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

I've seen that it says in readme that questions should go there but since mine isn't too relevant I figured it's better to post it here to let it wanish with time.

Anyways: I'm greatly fascinated with your mod and, anticipating all cool new mods using it for the sake of animation additions, I want to try out if it's going to work for me. The thing is that I'm using no-cd cracked 26498 .exe file since the dawn of time and I'm not entirely sure if these two (or cracked .exe & any other exe-changing mod for that matter) will work together. As I understand there's possibility that either your mod's changes or .exe file executability could be ruined in the process. While checking if .exe still works after mod installation would be trivial, I'd like to ask if there's any way, simple one preferrably, to check if IA installed and working as intended?

Edited by Creepin, 02 December 2009 - 09:59 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

I've seen that it says in readme that questions should go there but since mine isn't too relevant I figured it's better to post it here to let it wanish with time.

Anyways: I'm greatly fascinated with your mod and, anticipating all cool new mods using it for the sake of animation additions, I want to try out if it's going to work for me. The thing is that I'm using no-cd cracked 26498 .exe file since the dawn of time and I'm not entirely sure if these two (or cracked .exe & any other exe-changing mod for that matter) will work together. As I understand there's possibility that either your mod's changes or .exe file executability could be ruined in the process. While checking if .exe still works after mod installation would be trivial, I'd like to ask if there's any way, simple one preferrably, to check if IA installed and working as intended?

If you can install Widescreen and/or Taimon's exe tweaks (not Ascension's) your crack should be compatible with this mod as well. Otherwise, don't risk.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

Not currently, no.

You can check if your exe matches ToB's supposed file size (should be 7,839,790 Bytes). If it doesn't, chances are it won't work.

edit: the .exe is backed up during install in any case.

Edited by Erephine, 02 December 2009 - 10:05 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#4 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for quick replies folk, it always warms my heart to return after a year-long absence & find out there's still lot of helpful people around! :)

Not currently, no.

You can check if your exe matches ToB's supposed file size (should be 7,839,790 Bytes). If it doesn't, chances are it won't work.

Ok, I'll just wait for a first mod using this new IA system to make sure then. Just checked my nocd'ed bgmain.exe & it's exactly 7,839,790 bytes, probable there was only a few bytes patched so there's still possibly some hope for me :rolleyes:

If you can install Widescreen and/or Taimon's exe tweaks (not Ascension's) your crack should be compatible with this mod as well. Otherwise, don't risk.

Actually it's exactly your Widescreen mod that supposedly ruined my cracked .exe last time I attempted automated BWP installation, or so I figured at that time, perhaps mistakenly. Guess I'll try it once again & if it will work then IA should work too :lol:

Edited by Creepin, 02 December 2009 - 10:41 AM.

#5 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for quick replies folk, it always warms my heart to return after a year-long absence & find out there's still lot of helpful people around! :)

Not currently, no.

Ok, I'll just wait for a first mod using this new IA system to make sure then. Just checked my nocd'ed bgmain.exe & it's exactly 7,839,790 bytes, probable there was only a few bytes patched so there's still possibly some hope for me :rolleyes:

Actually it's exactly your Widescreen mod that supposedly ruined my cracked .exe last time I attempted automated BWP installation, or so I figured at that time, perhaps mistakenly. Guess I'll try it once again & if it will work then IA should work too :lol:

I use the nocd crack and widescreen together fine. The order you do it in might matter. I use the nocd last after a BW install.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#6 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:52 AM

Do you have/know how to edit savegames with NI?

You can test with any of its current content as well, if you'd like to make sure.

崇高滑稽
·

#7 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

Do you have/know how to edit savegames with NI?

You can test with any of its current content as well, if you'd like to make sure.

Yep, I know NI well enough as long as you're not talking about opcodes & spell effects.
What should I do? :)

#8 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

All you have to do is:

Run the installer
Copy the .BAM files from here to your override (one creature is enough to test if you don't want to clutter)
Copy the .IDS files to your override (you don't have to, but doing so will allow you to type in the animation name in NI)
Open a savegame in NI and edit one of your characters to use the animation you copied above (e.g. CHIMERA)

If it doesn't crash horribly it's very likely that your .exe was compatible. :)

崇高滑稽
·

#9 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

If it doesn't crash horribly it's very likely that your .exe was compatible. :)

Worked perfectly! Apparently my .exe is good enough to partake in bright new era of wildlife diversity your mod will hopefully bring. Thank you again!

#10 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

You're most welcome. :)

崇高滑稽
·