Problem: Wrong Dialogue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 -Grumsch-

-Grumsch-

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

hey everyone,

I'm having some weird problems with this mod. I had it working flawlessly for a long time, but then I had to do a system restore and consequently had to reinstall BGII.
Now, whenever I enter the plane of air in Chateau Irenicus, I'm getting some strange dialogue... the shadow thief who is killed by the golem says something like
"I am glad that we sorted this mess out, but I would really like to keep our friendship strictly, well, friendly."
And after that, when Chloe is greeting my PC, she says
"Oh, there's nothing wrong, I just need to get back a bracelet of mine. Its value is mainly sentimental, but I wish to have it back regardless. I could not find it anywhere so the guards must have taken it."

Now I don't know if that dialogue is part of the mod, as I've not played much with her before. Also note, that she also sprouted other dialogue when I had other mods installed at the same time (for example, with the Sarevok romance mod active, she would reiterate lines from that mod).

I did take a look at the generic problems stick thread here and followed its directions for jumbled-up dialogue, but that didn't solve the problem. At first I also though that this might be an installation order issue, but even with Chloe being the only mod installed, the "bracelet" dialogue would come up (btw, I can add her to the party and all that - just the dialogue is weird).

The problem comes up both with v1.2 and v1.3 of the mod. I've also tried several un- and reinstallations of the game, always with Chloe being the only mod installed -same result. I've even tried to manually delete the whole BGII registry so that no traces of the old installation would be left behind - still the same problem.

I am absolutely left clueless what the issue might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks