Photo

Ritual Scroll and the Imprisoned One

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

I ran into this problem with the Ritual Scroll and the Imprisoned One just yesterday.

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=24323

Since I'm using BWP, I can't just uninstall the scripts.

How can I find out if Yovaneth's Scripts are causing the problem?

My Weidu is here: http://www.shsforums...t...st&id=18249

Cheers
Vandervecken

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

Why can't you just uninstall the scripts? I don't play BWP so I don't know what they've done to install them.

-Y-

#3 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

Why can't you just uninstall the scripts? I don't play BWP so I don't know what they've done to install them.

-Y-

I'm not sure how BWP incorporates them into the install, and as you say, you don't deal with BWP-type installs.
Are you aware of this problem? Do you know whether your scripts somehow override the effect of the scroll? I can always try and figure out elsewhere why this is the case.

Thanks,
Vandervecken

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:55 AM

oops - slow me again.

If you're doing Watcher's Keep in ToB then it is possible that the sgSeries are causing problems because I don't support ToB spells. Try Cirerrek's eSeries instead. He and I co-operated quite a lot (we use the same base code) but I left ToB strictly to him.

-Y-

Edit: typo. Nothing new there.

Edited by Yovaneth, 20 December 2009 - 03:56 AM.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

I found the problem. Any time scripts use SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],ORDREN_RITUAL_SCROLL) in this case, the spell has to be set at the same level. SPIN593 is the resource and it wasn't level 5 but level 1. Big Picture v177 changed it to level 1 so the trigger always rings false.

Just thought I'd let you know. ^_^
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:31 AM

Ah. It looks like someone didn't complete the changes to the Innate spells either during the BWP install or while creating the BWP install. The mismatch between Innate and the actual level of the spell is well known and one of the non-BWP fixpacks (G3?) corrects all Innates on install.

-Y-

#7 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

FYI SlimG series also changes the lvl of SPIN593 from 5 to 1.

Edited by Ithildur, 08 March 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

SlimG series is also a culprit as it changes the innate lvl of the ritual scroll spell from 5 to 1. Pretty serious/plot stopping bug; should've been fixed a long time ago.

That spell doesn't need to be a fifth level innate spell, actually there's only one innate spell "level", it's all the levels, the scroll used needs to be named as spin5xx.itm & spin5xx.spl, the mark in the spells .spl files offset 0x0034 needs to be and is set to be 1 by everyone of the good mods that do the innate setting thing the correct way, they do nothing else, to the item files or the .spl files. So that every one of the spells becomes innate level 1... but you can still have ~999 innate spells.

The xx needs to be in the spell.ids filescontent that refers to the needed spell, aka the row needs to look exactly like:

15xx ORDREN_RITUAL_SCROLL

Get it now ?

Actually if the original mod uses the ADD_SPELL function correctly, we don't ever need get to know what the second, third or the forth mark is on that table is. As they are determined by the weidu function.

Edited by The Imp, 08 March 2015 - 09:37 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.