Photo

High Level ABILITIES - a ToB mod for casters

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

I attempted a mega-(mega-)mod installation yesterday, based on the BWS and some extra MODs not yet included in it. I really like the idea of this mod, so I set a PAUSE before Generalised BIFFing and tried to install this, but it failed with an error. Part of the DEBUG file reads:

Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [CDTLHLA.spl] not found in KEY file:
	[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [luCl2.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [CDTLHLA.spl] not found for 'COPY'"))
ERROR: [LUABBR.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [CDTLHLA.spl] not found for 'COPY'"))

ERROR Installing [High Level ABILITIES], rolling back to previous state
[highlevelABILITIES/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

I can send the whole DEBUG file to the E-mail address you noted, if necessary.

#22 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Honestly, I have no idea what CDTLHLA.spl is, and megamods aren't really my table.

Since the bigg is responsible for the code here, he might have some idea. Otherwise, probably better to ask on the megamod board.

#23 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

Somebody installed HLA tables that included that particular spell without actually providing the file. You can provide a weidu.log and a --change-log for lucl2.2da (see the pinned topics in the Megamod subforum for instructions).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#24 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

Somebody installed HLA tables that included that particular spell without actually providing the file. You can provide a weidu.log and a --change-log for lucl2.2da (see the pinned topics in the Megamod subforum for instructions).

OK, got the changelog, the WEIDU.log and the DEBUG as well (just in case). Looks like it's "Divine Remix" that causes the problem.

Attached File  HLAbilities_Logs.zip   50.78K   221 downloads

Perhaps these few posts be moved to the Mega Mod forum. Sorry 'bout that.

#25 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:53 AM

It seems like Divine Remix introduces the bug by itself - the main component adds that spell to the Talos' HLA list without putting the file in the game. I'm suprised this doesn't cause CTDs in game.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#26 -Kiril-

-Kiril-

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hey, I tried this mod, but somehow before the setup can start it states a parsing error.
It says "Parse error (state 494) at PLUS" , "FATAL ERROR: Parsing. Parse_error".
I tried to find a solution in internet but there seems to be none.
Any solutions?

#27 -Krümel-

-Krümel-

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hey,

I recently looked into BG2 again and by trying this mod I stumbled across the same error as Kiril did a year ago.

Seems like the batch file dosnt like the "j++" and "i++" command in loops the .tp2 file, changed it to "+=1" instead, seems to work fine so far.

However I have to admit that I have no knowledge about the coding language used or anything else relating this mod

#28 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

So, is this mod now compatible with Refinements?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#29 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Ok, so for anyone interested on having such a mod on his compilation, there is a plugin of SCSII that does the same job

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.