can not found sir billy bob

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 -unnamedsolo-

-unnamedsolo-

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

i know where he is , maybe it's the bug, when i reload the game, i can see the protect evil buff ( the white smoke) show from where he used to be, but i can not see him,

is there any way i could found him?

thanks!

#2 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

i meet the same case,

i remove the staff of magi and i can find him

i don't know which mod cause it

Edited by new(Mike), 09 May 2010 - 11:20 PM.

#3 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

How the crap do you do that?!?

This seems to be my problem. I think I've completed everything... Or at least definitely have gone to every accessible area and cleared it out. I can see where he is too, it does that spell effect thing you described. I also pulled in a vampiric mist and cast it where he's standing just hoping for a reaction. My level 3 dual classed imoen instantly exploded and he did not react at all.

I can also try to walk where he's standing and it just doesn't let me.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

... remove the staff of magi and I can find him

How the crap do you do that?!?

Well, you can by editing the character in a editor like the DLTCEP or the NearInfinity(but you need to be able to use that), and load a savegame where you have not seen the character.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

By, 'when I have not seen the character' do you mean where I have never loaded that map at all?

Or just not being on that particular map at the time?

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

By, 'when I have not seen the character' do you mean where I have never loaded that map at all?
Or just not being on that particular map at the time?

That you have never been in the area in the savegame you load. As the creatures are loaded and saved into the savegame when the area is first visited.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

so the person who helped me out originally is more likely to see what happened here is a cross post:

I found it.

For those who find this and have absolutely no clue this is what you do:

Get NearInfinity. Put the program in the root of your install (it's just quicker to do so, I didn't though because I figured it would look for it)

Then run it, on the left side find the CRE tree on the left. Expand it and locate BHBBOB.CRE

Then instead of view on the top of the right side click edit. Otherwise you'll just be staring at the fact that he has one like I was.

Scroll down till you find item11 (or however it calls it) then there's a button that lets you look up others, I simply picked another staff told it to update and saved it. Then loaded my game from before and away I go.

Hope this helps.

#8 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

so the person who helped me out originally is more likely to see what happened here is a cross post:

I found it.

For those who find this and have absolutely no clue this is what you do:

Get NearInfinity. Put the program in the root of your install (it's just quicker to do so, I didn't though because I figured it would look for it)

Then run it, on the left side find the CRE tree on the left. Expand it and locate BHBBOB.CRE

Then instead of view on the top of the right side click edit. Otherwise you'll just be staring at the fact that he has one like I was.

Scroll down till you find item11 (or however it calls it) then there's a button that lets you look up others, I simply picked another staff told it to update and saved it. Then loaded my game from before and away I go.

Hope this helps.

Anyway, I've included this fix in my fixpack (see signature)

Edited by Turambar, 08 November 2010 - 01:17 PM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

For the future, keep Shadowkeeper ;) It's the standard BGII cheat tool - could've been used to change/delete the staff easily :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#10 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

I've used shadowkeeper before (when I was reconstructing my character from my last attempt at running through the trilogy which ended when my mobo was upgraded and windows reinstalled, now it's on a laptop which will not have that problem) but I remember it only being able to mess with the PC only. Does it really let you do random NPC's? If so, when I'm next on that comp I'll do that too, since I was literally done with the island in my main save besides talking to him.

@Turambar
While you're fixing things, make it so you can't lock yourself out of that one castle. If you go to the very top you can raise the drawbridge, then when you go to the basement there is a one way exit. If you only have one save (I did this but had one from earlier) you could leave and now that the drawbridge is up there is no way to get back into the castle, so if you aren't done you're screwed.

#11 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

@Turambar
While you're fixing things, make it so you can't lock yourself out of that one castle. If you go to the very top you can raise the drawbridge, then when you go to the basement there is a one way exit. If you only have one save (I did this but had one from earlier) you could leave and now that the drawbridge is up there is no way to get back into the castle, so if you aren't done you're screwed.

It looks quite a serious issue; though, as I have never played SoBH, I can only guess what you're talking about.
Anyway, if you tell me the area number, I think I could make so, that if the drawbridge is closed the door 'tells you' that you won't be able to re-enter if you pass it now. I could disable the passage, or just add a dialog 'are you really sure you want to never come back in'?
Do you think this could be a suitable solution?

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#12 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

Well, if you tell me how to see the area number sure I'll do that when I'm on it again.

I think it would be best to simply disable the control that allows the drawbridge to be raised. Other than locking yourself out it literally serves no function. Maybe if you can't get rid of it entirely make it so that it's just an information box like signs are. Then it can say something like "This winch is the control for the bridge. You don't want to raise it because you don't know of another exit" or something like that.

The actual one-way exit is pretty useful since this castle has an area underneath it, and if you're done with everything above (or even if you're not) it's a much faster way to get out, and you wouldn't want to make it two-way since it would ruin the mystery of whats going on there.

#13 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

Well, if you tell me how to see the area number sure I'll do that when I'm on it again.

Just point any point of the area with your mouse and press 'X' on your keybord; you'll see the current area and the coordinates of the mouse

I think it would be best to simply disable the control that allows the drawbridge to be raised. Other than locking yourself out it literally serves no function. Maybe if you can't get rid of it entirely make it so that it's just an information box like signs are. Then it can say something like "This winch is the control for the bridge. You don't want to raise it because you don't know of another exit" or something like that.

The actual one-way exit is pretty useful since this castle has an area underneath it, and if you're done with everything above (or even if you're not) it's a much faster way to get out, and you wouldn't want to make it two-way since it would ruin the mystery of whats going on there.

Ok. If you tell me that the drawbridge is not needed, I don't think it will be so difficult to "break" it.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#14 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

@Lollorian

Well I found it in Shadowkeeper. That was just different, not easier. It may have been a click less, but it was still just for overall and not for modifying the latest savegame.

I'm just glad I'm paranoid enough about saves that I had one to go back to after sorting the staff and also after having locked myself out of the castle (though it's not gonna happen this time through since I have to do that mod over)

@Turambar

BH1000

Nope, I don't think it's needed. I'm pretty sure it was down the whole time, but even if it wasn't there would have had to be a one-time way to get it down to begin with. I'm sure it'll tell you what the starting position is. Either way, that particular control is bad news cause I do remember having to load...

I'll get there at some point now that I can start playing again.

#15 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, it is exactly as I described. It is initially down and the only function the device to lower and raise the bridge serves is to lock yourself out. So making it go away would be the preferred solution.

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

Err ... is the drawbridge thing something that really needs to be "fixed"? :unsure:

Saying "you probably shouldn't raise the bridge" and "you can't raise the bridge" are entirely different things. But this is an optional tweak so just putting out my thoughts :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#17 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

I was thinking about 'You have no reason to raise the bridge', or just 'This device raises the drawbridge', with a question mark pointer: there are many things you can't interact with in the game...

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

I didn't mean what the in-game text should say :lol: I meant how it would seem to the player who's playing that part of the game ;) The switch is perfectly ignoreable and doesn't make any difference whether it's interactable or not ...

It's like removing imba overpowered itamz from the game to make it more-balanced™ when you could easily ignore the items or drop them where you found them :D (or sell them off ... but that would net imba cash :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 01 December 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#19 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

What are you babbling about? It isn't simply ignorable. You can completely screw yourself. If you're the type to just use a save or two, you could easily raise the bridge, leave through the one-way secret passage and then never be able to continue the game again. You will be permanently locked out. This is a large difference.

It will seem to the player to be unprofessional to be able to do such a bad thing to yourself. I can't imagine being glad that it happens.

Now, the passage DOES invoke an autosave, but if you use that opportunity to immediately leave the area to sell stuff in town or whatever, then come back without finishing your autosave before will be overwritten and now you have to either bail out of the mod early (by talking to Peltar and demanding to be sent back) or start the entire game over. Even this level of thing is a big deal in "real" games; I see no reason why not to do it here.

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:34 AM

Yea I guess I was babbling :P But anyhoo, I'll admit I stand corrected and that specific scenario is entirely possible :D (might've even happened to me now that I think of it ... I usually just Ctrl-J and forget it :P) So it should be fixed! (completely forgot about the one-way hidden door :doh:)

Edited by Lollorian, 03 December 2010 - 05:35 AM.