ME2 Trailers:
12 Minutes of Gameplay Footage
Full Cinematic Trailer - XBL
Full Cinematic Trailer - Download

ME2 Miscellanous:
Casey Hudson on Mass Effect 3
New Avatars
New Wallpaper [Assassin]

Edited by Archmage Silver, 11 December 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

ME2 @ ME Wikia [Warning: Spoilers]
ARSENAL; CHARACTERS; CLASSES; RACES
ESRB rates ME2 "M", comments on sex scenes
Xbox 360 Achievements [Warning: Heavy Spoilers]

#3 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:20 PM

Well I'm avoiding news, to be honest - I don't want too many spoilers - although I took a peak at the sex scenes info. Hip gyration and space furniture FTW!

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, well, I'm sort of a news bot. I don't have time to read it all though... :)

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

The latest on save game/character importing from Chris Priestly, BioWare community coordinator:

We know many fans of Mass Effect have been asking how their saved games would transfer between Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2. We have put together details you need to know about transferring your saves between ME1 and ME2.

I am sure this will create some new questions. Please ask them in this thread and, post Xmas break, I will try to get them answered for you.

Save Game Import

• Upon starting a new game from the main menu, players can import a character save from Mass Effect 1
  • The Player chooses which character to bring in. Bringing in more than one character is possible, this will create a second or additional profile(s), just like in Mass Effect 1.
  • For Xbox 360 players need to be signed into your profile that you used to play through Mass Effect 1.
  • On PC players will select the .MassEffectSave files to import.
  • The profile and save data must be present on the hard drive and not an MU.
  • There is a limit of 11 end-of-game saves that can be imported into ME2. This means that if the player was to complete ME1 12 times, regardless of the number of unique playthroughs used, the 12th save will not be available for import, but saves 1 through 11 will be available.
At this point we have revealed that the save game import system will carryover all your decisions and plot decisions from ME1 into ME2. Did you save the Council? Who survived Virmire? And how did you handle your most ardent fan? We don’t want to list everything out and spoil the surprises we have in store for you, but rest assured you will be pleased when you see just how much carries over into Mass Effect 2.

Up until now we have only discussed the plot impacts of this feature, however, there are also certain gameplay perks as well. If you finished ME1 as a high level character you will receive greater bonuses than those who finished at lower levels. Ex, if you finished ME1 as a level 35 character, you will receive a bonus, but if you finished ME1 as a level 50 character, your bonus will be larger. That being said these bonuses will not put new playthrough characters at a severe disadvantage. For example, some of these bonuses include a monetary boost at the start of the game, or additional research resources for use at the Normandy’s Tech Lab. Another perk is if you finished the game as a Paragon or Renegade, part of your alignment will carry over making it easier to access certain dialogue options.

Finally, some technical information regarding the feature as well. If players start a New Game + after beating the game they will be able to re-use the same character import file they did for their first playthrough. Yes New Game + is making a return to Mass Effect 2! Additionally as mentioned above, make sure you are playing on your Xbox 360 profile that you completed ME1 on and that the profile and save data is present on the Hard Drive and not a MU. If you want to do a quick check and make sure you are good to go, load up Mass Effect 1 and see if the New Game + option appears. That will let you know your save game is ready for Mass Effect 2.

We are definitely excited to share this brand new feature with everyone, and remember what you do in Mass Effect 2, will have consequences in Mass Effect 3!

Edited by Archmage Silver, 04 January 2010 - 06:02 PM.

#6 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

Up until now we have only discussed the plot impacts of this feature, however, there are also certain gameplay perks as well. If you finished ME1 as a high level character you will receive greater bonuses than those who finished at lower levels. Ex, if you finished ME1 as a level 35 character, you will receive a bonus, but if you finished ME1 as a level 50 character, your bonus will be larger.

I guess that means I should get a move on and finish my playthrough on Insanity setting... :unsure:
Still, I'm rather curious as to how they'll integrate all these different variables in ME2. This is bound to be an interesting ride! ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:30 AM

New Wallpaper by Craig Mullins
Dorian K. Interview @ Bright Hub

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Big Download Preview

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:02 PM

RPGamer Preview

#10 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

That RPGamer Preview certainly seems positive enough to my tastes. They certainly spotted Mass Effect 1's flaws ("hard-to-navigate inventory system, repetitive and time consuming Mako exploration, and combat issues"... I *hate* the Mako! :P ), and they seem pretty satisfied with the little that they glimpsed of the second installment. I just can't wait. I must admit I'm rather curious about this "bullet-time" that's mentioned. Wonder if that'll work out anything like the bullet-time in Max Payne.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, it sounds like they ironed out the nags pretty well. I'm pretty excited about the fact that there'll no longer be those annoying streaming textures in the PC version at least - you know, textures appearing on roads etc. as you walk along, but you can actually see them load in ME1.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 05 January 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:01 AM

BioWare has announced the release of the first Mass Effect: Redemption comic book, if you're into buying such... for me it's "I think not". Also on the ME news today: an interview with ME2 Lead Combat Designer on Vanguards.

Mass Effect Redemption #1

10.01.06 | Posted by Nickmo

Mass Effect Redemption #1 is in stores now! This gorgeous comic was written by Mass Effect lead writer Mac Walters, with artwork by Omar Francia. Taking place before the events of Mass Effect 2, Redemption follows the story of Liara T'Soni as she desperately attempts to track down Commander Shepard.

Check out the Dark Horse website to pick up your copy, or head to your local comic book store.

Posted Image

Interviews:
Lead Combat Designer Christina Norman on Vanguards @ IGN

Vanguard Trailer:

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:13 AM

BioWare Blog:
Enemy Defenses

Universe:
Grenade Launcher & Shotgun

Steam:
Pre-Order Bonus: Inferno Armor

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

Blogs:
A Quick Look at 20 Mass Effect 2 Characters

Trailers:
Meet Miranda

Previews:
Consumer Electronics Show 2010 Hands-on

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

The Illusive Man

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:51 AM

Interviews:
Lead Combat Designer Christina Norman on Soldiers @ IGN
Christina Norman @ Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Casey Hudson @ Neoseeker

Universe:
Soldier, M-622 Avalanche

Miscellanous:
Casey Hudson on Modern Warfare @ Kotaku

Soldier Trailer:

BioWare and Del Ray are pleased to announce a brand new novel set in the Mass Effect universe Mass Effect: Retribution.

Mass Effect Retribution will again be written by Drew Karpyshyn, the author of both Mass Effect: Revelation and Mass Effect: Ascension. This novel reveals the Illusive Man's attempts to impant a human with the technology of a Reaper!

Retribution is set in the universe fans know well from the video game and novel series?one in which humanity has explored the very farthest reaches of the universe, only to discover the ruthless Reapers, a race bent on extinguishing all organic life. One man is bent on discovering the Reapers' secrets, the mysterious Illusive Man, the leader of a pro-human, black ops group, Cerberus. And he's devised the perfect plan: implant a human subject with Reaper technology in order to study the enemy.

He also has the perfect test subject?Paul Grayson, an ex-Cerberus operative. Grayson betrayed Cerberus in order to save his daughter. So when Grayson is kidnapped and made the subject of Cerberus' evil experiments, the Illusive Man will finally have his revenge...

#17 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

Interviews:
Casey Hudson @ GameTrailers

BioWare Blog:
Christina Norman on Equipping Your Squad

Miscellanous:
"Fight for the Lost" Wallpaper
First Day DLC Rumor: A Cut Character? @ Joystiq

#18 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:27 AM

Learn more about some of the new and cool gameplay features in the latest Mass Effect 2 video, the N7 Development Diary. The Mass Effect 2 dev team takes us through the new armor customization system, the N7 bonus missions, and more!

Additionally we have added a new section to the Arsenal, featuring the new armors in Mass Effect 2. Get equipped! Check out the N7 Armor for a look at all the different ways you can tailor the look of Shepard's armor in Mass Effect 2.

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

Interviews:
Casey Hudson @ USA Today

#20 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:44 AM

This one is in Polish, so the commentary wasn't much help to me. It shows some things I haven't seen before:

Scanning the planetary map
The new landing shuttle taking off and landing
The inventory selection screen
Decryption
Hacking computers

Polish ME2 preview

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.