Skippable spell animations?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Grey Knight Librarian

• 105 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

I'm asking because it annoys the hell out of me to have the NO go through a long and cool-when-seen-the-first-time animation for one of the high level spells, and see absolutely zero effect afterwards. I mean the only enemies these spells are worth using on are also the same ones that have high magic resistance (Moridor's Fiend, I'm looking at you) and often your spell ends up anticlimatically doing nothing even though it may have 'no save possible' in description. Now if a spell is not going to work, it might as well not force me to waaait for it...

Alternatively I'd love to see those magic resistances seriously downed, but that ain't happening so... would it be possible to make it so that you can click during the animation and thus skip it?
*coughQwinncoughLotharcoughskullscough*

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

No way to accomplish that at this time, I'm afraid. Scient took a look at it when I asked, but I don't think he saw any easy way to do it.

Qwinn

#3 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Grey Knight Librarian

• 105 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. Oh well, I have nothing in principle against Swarm and Missile spam, so back to that...

Edited by Markus Ramikin, 25 December 2009 - 05:55 AM.

*coughQwinncoughLotharcoughskullscough*

#4 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

Ya, this will take some work. Maybe in a future version but def not in next round of releases.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.