Morte's new opening dialogue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

There are a couple of things in Morte's new opening dialogue which don't quite mesh with his comments when you open the first door in the mortuary.
One of your dialogue options is "I don't think you mentioned it before... *who* are these caretakers?" However, Morte may have already mentioned the Dustmen in his opening dialogue.
Additionally, the dialogue with Morte when you open the door covers you starting a new journal, and there is a 'first journal entry' to boot. However, Morte's opening speech does its own journal update which pre-empts this and covers a lot of the same material.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Additionally, the dialogue with Morte when you open the door covers you starting a new journal, and there is a 'first journal entry' to boot. However, Morte's opening speech does its own journal update which pre-empts this and covers a lot of the same material.

This was already fixed. I actually thought it'd been fixed pre version 4.0, but I guess not. It's definitely fixed in 4.0, however. (Not all changes in UB or Tweak Pack made it into the Fixpack changelist I just posted, I should probably post independent updates for those as well.)

One of your dialogue options is "I don't think you mentioned it before... *who* are these caretakers?" However, Morte may have already mentioned the Dustmen in his opening dialogue.

I'll do a comparison between the original and restored Morte dialogues and see if this really is an inconsistency created by the restoration, or if it happens either way. If there's an alternate existing dialog line that was meant to go with the "already talked about Dustmen" variant, I can switch that in easily enough. If there isn't, oh well, I'm not going to worry about it to the extent of rewriting dialogue, I think it's easy enough to just see it as a poorly phrased "Give me more detail about these Dustmen."

Thanks for the report, though! I'm glad I checked on the journal entry business before release. I'd forgotten all about that one and didn't test it on this run through.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 25 December 2009 - 09:04 AM.

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

Okay, I checked it out. The restored Morte conversation is in the DMORTE dialog file... somewhere along the line in the development process, they split off these early bits into DMORTE1 and DMORTE2, and they are what you get in the vanilla game. Looking at that first-open-door conversation in both DMORTE and DMORTE2, the "I don't think you mentioned it before" line is there in both of them. So I'm inclined not to change it.

Qwinn