Remorhaz walking speed adjustment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -gunnut666-

-gunnut666-

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

I've searched the forums here and google too.
I haven't found out what this is for.

Thanx
Dave

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

it patches the BGmain for a creature (Remorhaz or tremor worm) and changes its speed. It is not anything that you would miss if you don't install it, you still get the creatures. As far as I can tell, it may only support English versions of the game at this point.

Edited by Hoppy, 26 December 2009 - 10:59 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

Does using an EXE patch rather than an effect to adjust the speed allow the creature to respond correctly to haste, slow, etc.? If so, could a similar patch be applied to player characters to recreate the BG1 walking speed when playing BGT or Tutu?

Edited by SimDing0, 26 December 2009 - 11:47 AM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#4 --gunnut666--

--gunnut666--

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Thanks Hoppy

Deep in the changelog for SOS, I found a reference to Remorhaz; that it is a creature and not the author of the component, which was my first assumption.

This post, which is the only one I could find that discussed it:
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=382618
is why I was asking for more information.

There is no reference to it in the walkthrough, so I won't know where in the game it is or what was wrong with it's walking speed until I play that far.

Dave

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

Does using an EXE patch rather than an effect to adjust the speed allow the creature to respond correctly to haste, slow, etc.? If so, could a similar patch be applied to player characters to recreate the BG1 walking speed when playing BGT or Tutu?

The code in the TP2 looks like it patches the animation slot so you may have to do that for all the slots if you want it to work with different platforms.

BEGIN ~Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)~

REQUIRE_COMPONENT "Setup-SoS.tp2"	  "0"  ~You must have SoS mod installed~

//patching speed of MBRH slot ************************************************************
//ATTENTION! That could be valid only for an ENGLISH version
//for other version it's necessary to search for C6 42 06 0A 8B 85 9C FB FF FF C6 40 07 0A
//and patch both 0A at found offsets with 6 : ------------^^----------------------------^^
COPY_EXISTING ~bgmain.exe~  ~bgmain.exe~
 READ_BYTE 0x0041D40E   byte1
 READ_BYTE 0x0041D40E+1 byte2
 READ_BYTE 0x0041D40E+2 byte3
 PATCH_IF( "%byte1%"=0xC6 AND "%byte2%"=0x42 AND "%byte3%"=0x06 ) BEGIN
   WRITE_BYTE 0x0041D40E+3 6 //was 0x0A
   WRITE_BYTE 0x0041D418+3 6 //was 0x0A
 END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Thanks Hoppy

Deep in the changelog for SOS, I found a reference to Remorhaz; that it is a creature and not the author of the component, which was my first assumption.

This post, which is the only one I could find that discussed it:
http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=382618
is why I was asking for more information.

There is no reference to it in the walkthrough, so I won't know where in the game it is or what was wrong with it's walking speed until I play that far.

Dave

It is for the tremor worm creature which you won't see until after Chapter 6 in the Soubar quests. You may not see them at all depending on paths you take. It won't be anything game breaking or even heart breaking. :)

Edited by Hoppy, 26 December 2009 - 07:58 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant