Photo

Town Map Names for Icewind Dale 1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Talonhoff

Talonhoff
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

Town Map Names v1.0 for Icewind Dale 1 (12-28-2009)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello everyone. :) My first post here, and my first attempt at creating a mod for a Black Isle Studios D&D game!

This simple mod adds location names to the small town maps of Easthaven and Kuldahar. I also added codes next to certain map name locations, representing which items they sell or which services they provide.

(H) = Healing Services
(M) = Magic Items
(P) = Potions
(S) = Scrolls
(W) = Weapons, Armor, etc

This mod also makes both town maps completely explored (so the town map name locations won't be cut off on the edges).

I created this mod because I got tired of repeatedly trying to find which shop was which, because the original Icewind Dale 1 game doesn't have any map markings. I don't consider this mod a cheat. All it really does is make in-town navigation a bit easier.

To install, just drop the included override folder into your main Icewind Dale 1 game folder, overwriting it.

Future versions for Icewind Dale II, Baldur's Gate I, and Baldur's Gate II are in the works.

Feel free to share or host this mod, but please give me credit for it.

Enjoy!

Download v1.0 here

Edited by Talonhoff, 27 December 2009 - 07:51 PM.

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

Looks cool! How do you do the explore area part? In the area file? I only ask because I am going to make a mod that clears all areas' fog of war for BG1 and 2 and IWD 1 and 2. Mine won't be in the area file so I don't think we will conflict in that concept except for a couple areas.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Talonhoff

Talonhoff
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:01 PM

Looks cool! How do you do the explore area part? In the area file? I only ask because I am going to make a mod that clears all areas' fog of war for BG1 and 2 and IWD 1 and 2. Mine won't be in the area file so I don't think we will conflict in that concept except for a couple areas.

Hi. I used the DLTCEP editor to make the towns already explored.

You are correct. I edited the town area files to do this. Good luck with your project!

Edited by Talonhoff, 27 December 2009 - 08:20 PM.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

I have never messed with that opcode in DLTCEP. I just do my explore area by script. I will have to try out my scripts in IWD and make sure the ACTION and TRIGGER match for that platform. Shouldn't be too hard and I don't see anything problematic if your areas are explored already.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant