Photo

Classic Adventures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:27 AM

I've installed Aurora with "Classic Adventures v0.51" and got some errors and warnings. During the installation the program tolds me, that warnings can be ignored and this is expected for the component "Change quest gold rewards" (I chose 3] Reduce to 25%). I attach the DEBUG file, so you can see, if these errors/warnings are expected and can be ignored.

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:50 AM

WeiDU.log... predictable 'minor errors', your helms will look totally different than you would expect from the inventory .bams, cause you have installed the ~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7... this is cause the CA places them differently than the vanilla game.

~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #110 // Change store buying prices -> Reduce to 67% (recommended): v3
You do understand that the recommendation is for BWS game, not for CA.

~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #420 // Realistic random treasures -> Both 1 and 2 (no treasures lost): v3
This component doesn't really work optimally in the new CA, cause the update makes the CA to have it's own treasure tables, so the remade table doesn't pass to every creature(hobgoblins for example), so some of them can drop nice 7th-and-8th level spell scrolls from Exnem Items... :ermm:
You better save them for use against the dragon, and hope, a lot.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:26 AM

During the installation the program tolds me, that warnings can be ignored and this is expected for the component "Change quest gold rewards" (I chose 3] Reduce to 25%).

Yes, everything else installed without warnings, so as it says, that is expected.

As for the random treasure, it is probably as Jarno says, but we make what few improvements we can in CA without overwriting the existing treasure tables.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:30 AM

WeiDU.log... predictable 'minor errors', your helms will look totally different than you would expect from the inventory .bams, cause you have installed the ~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7... this is cause the CA places them differently than the vanilla game.

Thanks for the information. Then you prefer not to install the component, right? Are the other components of the mod fine with CA?

~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ #0 #110 // Change store buying prices -> Reduce to 67% (recommended): v3
You do understand that the recommendation is for BWS game, not for CA.

Yes, I know and the whole installation was an installation-test and will be not my selected installation (e.g. in my CA installation I don't want the Exnem's Items and none of the Aurora's balancing components). ;)

Miloch, thanks for checking. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World