where is nathaniel?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Skarlath-

-Skarlath-

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:31 PM

Hi, i just downloaded the Nathaniel mod and installed it. I've scoured the docks district with a fine toothed comb and can't find him. There may be something wrong at my end, so if someone could say EXACTLY where he's supposed to spawn and if there are any conditions on it, like daytime/chapter, i'd really appreciate it. I haven't started a new game, but the readme says this sn#t necessary. I'm using v4.2

#2 -Skarlath-

-Skarlath-

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

also, for shits and giggles i just tried to start a new tob game. the fate spirit would allow me to summon kelsey, but not nathaniel. i checked the directory and the nathaniel file is in by BG directory so i have no idea why its not installed. one thing i did notice when installing him was that unlike most other mods, a text window that looks like DOS didn't open. all i got was an installer program with green fading into purple in the background and a black text box with green writing that ran through a whole load of installation text. does this mean anything (as you can tell, computers are not my strong point)

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

I believe you did not install the mod. The Nathaniel4.2 application extracts the files where you say to and that is our BG2 directory. If it didn't automatically start the setup-Nathaniel application, look for that in your directory and click on it to run the program. That should do it. Also you can look for a text document called WeiDU and that lists your installed mods at least ones that are installed in this fashion.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 -skarlath-

-skarlath-

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

I believe you did not install the mod. The Nathaniel4.2 application extracts the files where you say to and that is our BG2 directory. If it didn't automatically start the setup-Nathaniel application, look for that in your directory and click on it to run the program. That should do it. Also you can look for a text document called WeiDU and that lists your installed mods at least ones that are installed in this fashion.

thanks, i've taken a look and nathaniel isn't installed. however, when i click the file setup-nathaniel it doesn't work properly. a DOS like screen flashes up for less than a second and then disappears. my computer describes it as a 'windows batch file' any ideas?

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:02 PM

You need the setup-nathaniel which is an application, not a batch file. The one you are describing is in the Nathaniel folder. The setup I mean is in your BGII directory. Try running the application.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

you're a godsend, thanks so much!

#7 KathStoneDog

KathStoneDog
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:43 AM

Registered just to say thank you for this answer!

I was in the same position and now he's just walked up and spoken to me.

Kath StoneDog

#8 Asteron

Asteron
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Same here, I just registered to say thanks.