Translations needed for version 4.0

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:09 AM

Okay, I've done as much as I can on my own by reconstructing from the vanilla dialogue files, but there are some lines I can't do. Any help would be appreciated.

Every language needs the following lines translated.

fixpack.tra:

@00101 = ~"So what are you, Morte? You've never said."~
@00113 = ~"Damnit, Vhailor, do you realize what you've done?!"~
@00114 = ~Vhailor turns from Trias's corpse to face you squarely. *You are MERCIFUL and WEAK. STEEL your HEART before the disease SPREADS.*~ [VHA013]
@00950 = ~"This is where the dead of Sigil are brought to be interred or cremated. It is our responsibility as Dustmen to care for the dead, those who have left this shadow of life and walk the path to True Death." Dhall's voice drops in concern. "Your wounds must have exacted a heavy toll if you do not recognize this place. It is almost your home."~ []

sounds.tra:

@74=~"Tell me about yourself, Dak'kon."~ [FFG122]
@75=~"*Zerths* are those that know the words of Zerthimon. They protect the githzerai communities against all threats, whether to the body, or to the spirit."~ [DAK043]
@76=~"Chief, we really oughta ditch this guy before he remembers something the last you did."~ [MRT475CA]
@77=~"Tell it to the gods, Nordom."~ [MRT570B]
@78=~"Through observation, sensation and experience, the truth of the multiverse shall be revealed."~ [FFG104]
@36644=~Back Stab! 2x [Annah]~

ub.tra:

@00025 = ~Restored Bestiary Entries~

qtweak.tra:

@00022 = ~BG2-Style THAC0 Display~
@00023 = ~Maximized Strength Spells~
@00024 = ~Disabled Stat Minimums~

No need to muck about with the files, just post the translations here and I'll work 'em into the files.

That's it. Not as much as I thought there would be. I do need a few more lines in Polish as I don't have the vanilla dialogue for it and couldn't do my own reconstructing, but I'll try to get a hold of W. Irving or yarpen for that.

And okay, I need someone to remind me: what is the deal with weidu and encoded special characters for different languages in the tra files? Does it work? I don't recall. I didn't think they did, but I'm seeing some in the german fixpack.tra, and I'm hoping someone would've told me by now if it didn't work.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 29 December 2009 - 06:55 AM.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:37 AM

Actually, let me put up my reconstructions, just to confirm I did 'em okay.

Here's the english lines for the faction fixes:

@00102 = ~Infiltrate the Sensates for the Anarchists: "I'm ready. I want to become a Sensate."~
@00103 = ~Infiltrate the Sensates for the Anarchists: "I'm ready to join the Society of Sensation. I feel no more loyalty towards the Godsmen."~
@00104 = ~Infiltrate the Sensates for the Anarchists: "I'm ready to join the Society of Sensation. I feel no more loyalty towards the Dustmen."~
@00105 = ~Infiltrate the Sensates for the Anarchists: "I'm ready to join the Society of Sensation. I feel no more loyalty towards the Xaositects."~
@00106 = ~Infiltrate the Dustmen for the Anarchists: "If that is what must be, that is what must be. My mind must be true to itself, not to another. As of this moment, I forsake the beliefs of the Godsmen."~
@00107 = ~Infiltrate the Dustmen for the Anarchists: "If that is what must be, that is what must be. My mind must be true to itself, not to another. As of this moment, I forsake the... uh, 'beliefs' of the Chaosmen."~
@00108 = ~Infiltrate the Dustmen for the Anarchists: "If that is what must be, that is what must be. My mind must be true to itself, not to another. As of this moment, I forsake the beliefs of the Sensates."~
@00109 = ~Infiltrate the Chaosmen for the Anarchists: "So, what's the next step?"~
@00110 = ~Infiltrate the Chaosmen for the Anarchists: "Join ready the Xaositects am I. Loyalty none faction old I have Godsmen."~
@00111 = ~Infiltrate the Chaosmen for the Anarchists: "Join ready the Xaositects am I. Loyalty none faction old I have Dustmen."~
@00112 = ~Infiltrate the Chaosmen for the Anarchists: "Join ready the Xaositects am I. Loyalty none faction old I have Sensates."~

Here's what I came up with for german:

@00102 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit. Ich möchte Sinnsate werden."~
@00103 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit, Mitglied der Gesellschaft der Empfindung zu werden. Ich fühle mich den Göttermenschen nicht mehr verpflichtet."~
@00104 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit, Mitglied der Gesellschaft der Empfindung zu werden. Ich fühle mich den Staubmenschen nicht mehr verpflichtet."~
@00105 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit, Mitglied der Gesellschaft der Empfindung zu werden. Ich fühle mich den Xaositekten nicht mehr verpflichtet."~
@00106 = ~Staubmenschen für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Was sein muß, muß sein. Mein Geist muß sich selbst und keinem anderen treu sein. Von diesem Moment an entsage ich dem Glauben der Göttermenschen."~
@00107 = ~Staubmenschen für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Was sein muß, muß sein. Mein Geist muß sich selbst und keinem anderen treu sein. Von diesem Moment an entsage ich dem... äh, 'Glauben' der Chaoten."~
@00108 = ~Staubmenschen für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Was sein muß, muß sein. Mein Geist muß sich selbst und keinem anderen treu sein. Von diesem Moment an entsage ich dem Glauben der Sinnsaten."~
@00109 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "So... was ist der nächste Schritt?"~
@00110 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten will ich sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Göttermenschen."~
@00111 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten will ich sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Staubmenschen."~
@00112 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten will ich sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Sinnsaten."~

And for spanish:

@00102 = ~Infiltrarte entre los Sensibles para los Anarquistas: "Estoy listo. Quiero convertirme en un Sensible".~
@00103 = ~Infiltrarte entre los Sensibles para los Anarquistas: "Estoy dispuesto a unirme a la Sociedad de los Sentidos. Ya no siento lealtad hacia los Divinos".~
@00104 = ~Infiltrarte entre los Sensibles para los Anarquistas: "Estoy dispuesto a unirme a la Sociedad de los Sentidos. Ya no siento lealtad hacia los Hombres de la Ceniza".~
@00105 = ~Infiltrarte entre los Sensibles para los Anarquistas: "Estoy dispuesto a unirme a la Sociedad de los Sentidos. Ya no siento lealtad hacia los Xaositectos."~
@00106 = ~Infiltrarse en los Hombres de la Ceniza para los Anarquistas: "Si así es como debe ser, que así sea. Mi mente debe ser fiel a sí misma, no a otro. Y, desde este momento, reniego de las creencias de los Divinos."~
@00107 = ~Infiltrarse en los Hombres de la Ceniza para los Anarquistas: "Si así es como debe ser, que así sea. Mi mente debe ser fiel a sí misma, no a otro. Y, desde este momento, reniego de las... eh, 'creencias' de los Caóticos."~
@00108 = ~Infiltrarse en los Hombres de la Ceniza para los Anarquistas: "Si así es como debe ser, que así sea. Mi mente debe ser fiel a sí misma, no a otro. Y, desde este momento, reniego de las creencias de los Sensibles."~
@00109 = ~Infiltrarte en los Caóticos para los Anarquistas: "Entonces... ¿cuál es el siguiente paso?"~
@00110 = ~Infiltrarte en los Caóticos para los Anarquistas: "Unirme a los Xaositectos preparado para estoy. Lealtad ninguna facción anterior yo tengo Divinos."~
@00111 = ~Infiltrarte en los Caóticos para los Anarquistas: "Unirme a los Xaositectos preparado para estoy. Lealtad ninguna facción anterior yo tengo Hombres de la Ceniza."~
@00112 = ~Infiltrarte en los Caóticos para los Anarquistas: "Unirme a los Xaositectos preparado para estoy. Lealtad ninguna facción anterior yo tengo Sensibles."~

And for italian:

@00102 = ~Infiltrarti nei Sensates per contro degli Anarchici: "Sono pronto. Voglio diventare un Sensate."~
@00103 = ~Infiltrarti nei Sensates per contro degli Anarchici: "Sono pronto per unirmi alla Society of Sensation. Non provo più alcuna fedeltà nei confronti dei Godsmen."~
@00104 = ~Infiltrarti nei Sensates per contro degli Anarchici: "Sono pronto per unirmi alla Society of Sensation. Non provo più alcuna fedeltà nei confronti dei Dustmen."~
@00105 = ~Infiltrarti nei Sensates per contro degli Anarchici: "Sono pronto per unirmi alla Society of Sensation. Non provo più alcuna fedeltà nei confronti dei Xaositects."~
@00106 = ~Infiltrarti nei Dustmen per gli Anarchici: "Se così deve essere, così sia. La mia mente deve essere vera per sè stessa, non per altro. Da questo momento, io abbandono la fede nei Godsmen."~
@00107 = ~Infiltrarti nei Dustmen per gli Anarchici: "Se così dev'essere, allora così sia. La mia mente deve essere coerente a se stessa, non ad altri. Da questo momento, io abbandono la... uh, 'fede' dei Chaosmen."~
@00108 = ~Infiltrarti nei Dustmen per gli Anarchici: "Se così dev'essere, allora così sia. La mia mente deve essere coerente a se stessa, non ad altri. Da questo momento, io abbandono la fede dei Sensates."~
@00109 = ~Infiltrarti tra i Chaosmen per conto degli Anarchici: "Quindi... qual è il passaggio successivo?"~
@00110 = ~Infiltrarti tra i Chaosmen per conto degli Anarchici: "A unirmi pronto ai Xaositects sono. Fedeltà nessuna alla vecchia fazione io ho dei Godsmen."~
@00111 = ~Infiltrarti tra i Chaosmen per conto degli Anarchici: "A unirmi pronto ai Xaositects sono. Fedeltà nessuna alla vecchia fazione io ho dei Dustmen."~
@00112 = ~Infiltrarti tra i Chaosmen per conto degli Anarchici: "A unirmi pronto ai Xaositects sono. Fedeltà nessuna alla vecchia fazione io ho dei Sensates."~

(Granted, italian needs considerably more help than this... I never got translations for 3.0)

If you can read any of those languages, please let me know if I messed anything up.

Qwinn

#3 InTourette

InTourette
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:27 AM

Here's what I came up with for german:

@00102 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit. Ich möchte Sinnsate werden."~
@00103 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit, Mitglied der Gesellschaft der Empfindung zu werden. Ich fühle mich den Göttermenschen nicht mehr verpflichtet."~
@00104 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit, Mitglied der Gesellschaft der Empfindung zu werden. Ich fühle mich den Staubmenschen nicht mehr verpflichtet."~
@00105 = ~Sinnsaten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Ich bin bereit, Mitglied der Gesellschaft der Empfindung zu werden. Ich fühle mich den Xaositekten nicht mehr verpflichtet."~
@00106 = ~Staubmenschen für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Was sein muss, muss sein. Mein Geist muss sich selbst und keinem anderen treu sein. Von diesem Moment an entsage ich dem Glauben der Göttermenschen."~
@00107 = ~Staubmenschen für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Was sein muss, muss sein. Mein Geist muss sich selbst und keinem anderen treu sein. Von diesem Moment an entsage ich dem... äh, 'Glauben' der Chaoten."~
@00108 = ~Staubmenschen für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Was sein muss, muss sein. Mein Geist muss sich selbst und keinem anderen treu sein. Von diesem Moment an entsage ich dem Glauben der Sinnsaten."~
@00109 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "So... was ist der nächste Schritt?"~
@00110 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten will ich sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Göttermenschen."~
@00111 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten will ich sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Staubmenschen."~
@00112 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten will ich sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Sinnsaten."~

fixed.
muß -> muss
At least after the new german spelling. But I don't know how it was in the vanilla game.
And I don't know how it was handled in the vanilla game but "Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten ich will sein." sounds more like cave talk than the other version.

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

Well, that is me reconstructing from what is, in english, "Infiltrate Dustmen for Anarchists:". Missing all the nice little ornamentation of words like "the". If that's what you mean by "cave talk", yeah, I agree. Please, if you can reword it to something more like what I gave as the english version, please do so. Note that I don't know german -at all-, I was basically just copy-pasting from the vanilla dialogue.

Unfortunately, for that part of the sentence, the only phrases in the dialogue that were available to me were: "Infiltrate Dustmen for Anarchists" or "Lie to infiltrate the Sensates for the Anarchists", but no simple "Infilitrate the X for the Anarchists." The rest of the sentences, the quoted parts, I was able to lift verbatim, but the "Infiltrate" parts I had to guess/tweak slightly.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 29 December 2009 - 10:56 AM.

#5 InTourette

InTourette
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:09 AM

Okay, I've done as much as I can on my own by reconstructing from the vanilla dialogue files, but there are some lines I can't do. Any help would be appreciated.

Every language needs the following lines translated.

fixpack.tra:

Also was bist du Morte? Du hast nie gesagt.

Verdammt, Vhailor, ist dir klar was du getan hast?!

@00114 = ~Vhailor turns from Trias's corpse to face you squarely. *You are MERCIFUL and WEAK. STEEL your HEART before the disease SPREADS.*~ [VHA013]
Vhailor dreht sich von Trias' Leiche weg um dich direkt anzublicken. *Du bist GNÄDIG und SCHWACH. STÄHLE dein Herz bevor das Leiden sich AUSBREITET.*

@00950 = ~"This is where the dead of Sigil are brought to be interred or cremated. It is our responsibility as Dustmen to care for the dead, those who have left this shadow of life and walk the path to True Death." Dhall's voice drops in concern. "Your wounds must have exacted a heavy toll if you do not recognize this place. It is almost your home."~ []
Hier werden die Toten Sigils hin gebracht um bestattet oder verbrannt zu werden. Es ist unsere Pflicht als Staubmenschen uns um die Toten zu kümmern, jene die den Schatten des Lebens verlassen haben und auf dem Pfad zum Wahren Tod wandern.

sounds.tra:

Erzähl mir von dir, Dak'kon.

@75=~"*Zerths* are those that know the words of Zerthimon. They protect the githzerai communities against all threats, whether to the body, or to the spirit."~ [DAK043]
*Zerths* sind jene, die die Worte Zerthimons kennen. Sie beschützen die Githzerai Gemeinden gegen alle Drohungen, ob gegen den Körper, oder gegen den Geist.

@76=~"Chief, we really oughta ditch this guy before he remembers something the last you did."~ [MRT475CA]
Meister, wir sollten diesen Typ rausschmeissen bevor er sich daran erinnert was dein letztes Du getan hat.

Erzähl es den Göttern Nordom.

@78=~"Through observation, sensation and experience, the truth of the multiverse shall be revealed."~ [FFG104]
Durch Beobachtung, Empfinden und Erfahrung soll die Wahrheit des Multiversums enthüllt werden.

Dolchstoß!

ub.tra:

Wiederhergestellte Bestiarium Einträge

qtweak.tra:

BG2-Style THAC0 Anzeige

Maximierte Stärke Zauber

Ausgeschaltete Status Minimums

No need to muck about with the files, just post the translations here and I'll work 'em into the files.

That's it. Not as much as I thought there would be. I do need a few more lines in Polish as I don't have the vanilla dialogue for it and couldn't do my own reconstructing, but I'll try to get a hold of W. Irving or yarpen for that.

And okay, I need someone to remind me: what is the deal with weidu and encoded special characters for different languages in the tra files? Does it work? I don't recall. I didn't think they did, but I'm seeing some in the german fixpack.tra, and I'm hoping someone would've told me by now if it didn't work.

Qwinn

@00110 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten ich will sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Göttermenschen."~
@00111 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten ich will sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Staubmenschen."~
@00112 = ~Xaositekten für Anarchisten unterwandern: "Glied mit den Xaositekten ich will sein. Loyalität kein Bund alt habe ich Sinnsaten."~

It sounds more like Yoda and iirc than that's the way it should be.
I don't know if everything is in the same vein as the game because I haven't played it for over a year, but it should be allright.

#6 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

Woohoo, thanks Intourette! That's one language down. Implementing everything you gave me.

Now, really sorry, I should've thought of this earlier... but there is one last thing you might want to do :(

In regards to the ones with sound files attached - meaning @101 and @114 out of fixpack.tra and all the ones from sounds.tra... they all have a bracketed sound file named after the string. It is my understanding that german had all the voiced lines actually translated. So if you can find a way to play them, with DLTCEP or NI maybe, you might want to check to see if your translation matches the actual sound file. Note that in some cases it might not fit at all... they weren't great about doing a one-for-one translation and sometimes the sound files may be missing in the german version altogether. But, well, if you can check, let's see how it comes out. I'd check myself, but I don't have the german sound files available to me, I've only got the english version.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 04 January 2010 - 08:49 AM.

#7 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:01 AM

Ugh, looks like there were another few missing German lines from my last full translation... probably just never got done for version 3.0 :(

@00021 = ~Expanded Deionarra's Truth Mod~
@00022 = ~Restored Lower Ward Encounters~
@00023 = ~QUILL PEN
Weight: 0

You found this quill pen in a storage closet in your room in the Festhall. It appears quite ordinary.~
@00024 = ~Sealed Closet~

And finally, in the line for @950 above, is the following also correct?

"Hierher werden die Toten Sigils hin gebracht, um beerdigt oder verbrannt zu werden."

Other than the "Sigils hin", that's how the original line was translated. All I'm really looking to do is change "dead" to "dead of Sigil".

Thanks tons for your help, Intourette.

Qwinn

#8 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:08 AM

Oh yeah, while we're at it, need "Quick Load" translated for every language too.

Qwinn

#9 InTourette

InTourette
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

Also, was bist du Morte? Du hast es nie erzählt.

Verdammt, Vhailor, ist dir klar was du getan hast?!

Vhailor dreht sich von Trias' Leiche weg um dich direkt anzublicken. *Du bist GNÄDIG und SCHWACH. STÄHLE dein HERZ bevor das Leiden sich AUSBREITET.*

"Hier werden die Toten von Sigils hingebracht um bestattet oder verbrannt zu werden. Es ist unsere Pflicht als Staubmenschen, uns um die Toten zu kümmern, jene die den Schatten des Lebens verlassen haben und auf dem Pfad zum Wahren Tod wandern." Dhalls Stimme senkt sich besorgt. "Deine Wunden müssen einen hohen Tribut gefordert haben, wenn du diesen Ort nicht wiedererkennst. Es ist beinahe dein Zuhause."

sounds.tra:

Erzähl mir von dir, Dak'kon.

*Zerths* sind jene, die die Worte Zerthimons kennen. Sie beschützen die Githzerai Gemeinden gegen alle Bedrohungen, ob gegen den Körper, oder gegen den Geist.

Meister, wir sollten diesen Typ abservieren bevor er sich daran erinnert was dein letztes Du getan hat.

Erzähl es den Göttern Nordom.

Durch Beobachtung, Empfindung und Erfahrung soll die Wahrheit des Multiversums enthüllt werden.

Dolchstoß!

ub.tra:

Wiederhergestellte Bestiarium Einträge

qtweak.tra:

BG2-Style THAC0 Anzeige

Maximierte Stärke-Zauber

Ausgeschaltete Status Minimums

@00021 = ~Expanded Deionarra's Truth Mod~
Erweiterte Deionarras Wahrheit Mod

@00022 = ~Restored Lower Ward Encounters~
Wiederhergestellte Handelsbezirk-Begegnungen

@00023 = ~QUILL PEN
Weight: 0

You found this quill pen in a storage closet in your room in the Festhall. It appears quite ordinary.~
FEDERKIEL
Gewicht: 0
Du hast diesen Federkiel in einem Schrank in deinem Zimmer in der Festhalle gefunden. Er sieht ziemlich gewöhnlich aus.

Quick Load
Translation is "Schnellladen", but a lot of games in Germany use also "Quick Load"

Okay I fixed some typos. Now it should be fine.

And finally, in the line for @950 above, is the following also correct?

"Hierher werden die Toten Sigils hingebracht, um beerdigt oder verbrannt zu werden."

Other than the "Sigils hin", that's how the original line was translated. All I'm really looking to do is change "dead" to "dead of Sigil".

hingebracht ist one word and it sounds awkward in combination with hierher the rest is ok. Literally "dead of sigil" is "[die] Toten von Sigil", which would fit in that construction, too.

"Hierher werden die Toten von Sigil gebracht, um beerdigt oder verbrannt zu werden."
If I think about it, it sounds even better than my first version. So please use this.

#10 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

Awesome!

You missed only one... need a translation for "Sealed Closet".

In this last post, were you able to compare the translations to the german sound files?

Qwinn

#11 InTourette

InTourette
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

No I haven't compared it to the soundfiles but I will at the weekend. Do I have to use Near Infinity or something?
"Sealed closet" is "Verschlossener Schrank".

#12 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:40 AM

Happy new year! I will take a short look into InTourette's nice translations during the next days. Combined power did work well with the last translations (usually when I was too lazy to work on ;)). If I recall correctly, you have to use DLTCEP for the sounds; the forum search seems down, so I can't link to a thread where we talked about that.

PS: The original german translation used old german spelling, so we used "ß" etc. in the mod translations.

#13 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

Oh snap, I currently don't have my copy of PS:T and It's impossible for me to check sound files. I'll try to ask few people about finishing this.

#14 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

yarpen, you shouldn't have to worry about sound files - they were only done in two languages, english and german. All I need is the text in this post translated.

BTW, the extra lines I need in polish are the faction related lines in the second post. I couldn't do any reconstruction so you'll have to translate 'em from scratch.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 07 January 2010 - 01:55 PM.

#15 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

yarpen, you shouldn't have to worry about sound files - they were only done in two languages, english and german. All I need is the text in this post translated.

Nope, they were also done in polish - voices used in earlier versions also were existing (polish translators translated everything what was existing - with full voicing, polish translations of Infinity games were spectacular, y'know) and I was using them as a base for translation you know. But of course, I'll translate fraction lines.

#16 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

Oh wow, I didn't know the Polish version was voiced. Excellent.

Actually, that makes me have to ask, sorry... was the translation of sounds.tra based on the voiced lines? Cause it really probably should be :/

Qwinn

#17 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

Oh wow, I didn't know the Polish version was voiced. Excellent.

Yup, and it was voiced by the best of polish theatre/tv actors - sounds much better than english one (this russian accent in english voicing, sorry, but Russia for me isn't 'far far away' and 'exotic')... Especially BG saga, when I've layed hands on english version I was quite disappointed you know. But as I've said, Infinity games were largest and most impressive translations projects in Poland.

Actually, that makes me have to ask, sorry... was the translation of sounds.tra based on the voiced lines? Cause it really probably should be :/

Of course it was! :) I'm quite proficient at using DLTCEP so there was no problem with that - but currently someone else have to do this job. Sorry for that, but I've borrowed my copy of PS:T to my friend - but polish Infinity community is quite active, I hope someone will do this in 1-2 days.

#18 Tolknaz

Tolknaz
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

Yup, and it was voiced by the best of polish theatre/tv actors - sounds much better than english one (this russian accent in english voicing, sorry, but Russia for me isn't 'far far away' and 'exotic')...

If you say so. I wouldn't call the likes of Mitch Pileggi, Michael T. Weiss, Dan Castellaneta, Jennifer Hale or Tony Jay a bunch of nobodies too. And the bit about russian accent i have trouble understanding (i live in a country, where almost half the population are russians so i know what russian accent sounds like and english voiceovers of PST are as far from sporting russian accent as i am from living on a moon.

#19 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

Damn, russian 'accent' is another philosophy of stressing various parts of words. Still (dunno how it sounds in PS:T, experiences only from english BG1/BG2 - Minsc especially!) they sound as they were listening to russian TV for whole week. :whistling: :rolleyes: I hope you know what I mean.

Mitch Pileggi, Michael T. Weiss, Dan Castellaneta, Jennifer Hale or Tony Jay

I don't have tv in my house, but still, I know the difference between Brad Pitt, Shawn Connery and them. Didn't heard about any of them, sorry. I didn't said they're bad or something like that, still, polish voice acting in Infinity games is really epic and after years of playing polish version hearing english ones is something like :doh: . And yup, in the city where I'm living there's best and most renown acting school in Europe.

#20 Tolknaz

Tolknaz
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

Damn, russian 'accent' is another philosophy of stressing various parts of words. Still (dunno how it sounds in PS:T, experiences only from english BG1/BG2 - Minsc especially!) they sound as they were listening to russian TV for whole week. :whistling: :rolleyes: I hope you know what I mean.

Minsc and Jaheira might actually fit the bill, now that i think about it, yeah. PST ones, i'm really not so sure about. Of the ones that have a trace of certain accent in them Morte sounds like an italian american wiseguy or something and Annah sounds a bit scottish.