Vecna

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#341 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

okay, how do I start Vecna? I bought the ring, but all the locations seems pointless empty. Is there a walktrhough around ?

No there probably aren't any walkthrough, only my private BWP walkthrough.

Start Vecna by talking to Messenger to the Gods at Council of Six Building (AR1002) in Government. Then go to Bridge and then go to Twisted Rune (AR1008).  Use Ring of Recall you got from Shangalar and others when you killed them. Then you are teleported to Twisted Rune Laboratory Complex and Vecna starts.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#342 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:49 AM

Thanks Micbaldur <3. Definitely not my genre of mod.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#343 -Morken-

-Morken-

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:27 AM

You can install Teleport & Vecna FIRST.

Later in the mod order, Vecna will want IA.

#344 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

Install failure under Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Please see attached weidu.log .debug file and advise.

Attached File  SETUP-VECNA.DEBUG   59.95K   335 downloads

Edited by EricP, 04 June 2015 - 01:31 PM.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#345 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

Install failure under Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). Please see attached weidu.log and advise.

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\/DATA/ROT-CRE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2/DATA/ROT-CRE.BIF]
[C:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate 2/DATA/ROT-CRE.BIF] 2036364 bytes, 1292 files, 0 tilesets

An installed mod requires Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip extracted to your
vecna/content folder.

An installed mod requires Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip extracted to your
vecna/content folder.
[./override/pslady.cre] loaded, 1160 bytes

An installed mod requires IA_Wh_Dr_Wyv_LoP.rar extracted to your
vecna/content folder.

NOTE: Download all content from Spellhold Studios. Each content module is at
www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=98. Extract all archives
using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR. Also,
make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or
/restore after vecna (there are no subfolders beyond that).

For WinZip, make sure the "Use folder names" box is *unselected*. You should
end up with a bunch of .bam files and no subfolders in your "content" and/or
restore folders. Rerun this installer once you've extracted all content.
FAILURE:
Required content missing.
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

Have you extracted the files to the given folder ? You need to do that. You should be able to find the files from... here nad there. The Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip seems to be, but not the other two that I linked you to.

Edited by The Imp, 02 June 2015 - 02:03 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#346 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

Sorry, I missed the part about needing to install IA...and IA fails to install on my system, too. I'll try again, and report the inevitable failure here.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#347 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

Sorry, I missed the part about needing to install IA...and IA fails to install on my system, too. I'll try again, and report the inevitable failure here.

What codepage (#3.2) does your computer use ? Cause it only works with the 1252 -- or whatever the %&¤# it was. :P

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#348 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:56 AM

Hellow! How it goes? Is it fully playable now?

#349 -Billy39-

-Billy39-

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Hi!

Is Vecna Baldur's Gate 2 EE compatible now?  Will it also work on Android using the install method on https://forums.beamd...s-on-android/p1 ?

Thanks!

#350 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:17 AM

Russian translation for Vecna but with no TP2 change. I saw that TP2 file also need to be cnaged due non-standard codepage (non-1252). But I don't know how.

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#351 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 12:59 AM

Russian translation for Vecna but with no TP2 change. I saw that TP2 file also need to be cnaged due non-standard codepage (non-1252). But I don't know how.

Can anyone add this translation to the mod please? A year has passed, but the translation has not been included.

#352 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:53 PM

Just so nobody feels ignored: The mods released under "Miscellaneous Mods" are not hosted by SHS, officially. The forum is/was a platform where anyone could updload smaller mods. If someone provides an updated version (including tp2 and versioning) SHS staff can update the download, but my time for packing mod updates is limited with all the (official) mods I am maintaining.

#353 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:58 PM

Moreover, Vecna needs a good lifting as it is so buggy...

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#354 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:12 PM

I too want this mod to be properly updated and fixed, including with EET compatibility if it isn't already compatible.