85 replies to this topic

#21 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

Pf! Liar :P Noone likes La'Viconia

Well I like the idea of La'Viconia, that's a start :P

And a thought for all of us, non-native english speakers, if this expression even exists at all...
Keep up the good work !
« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

Well, I kinda knew that but what I meant was, what about the continuity of NPCs caused by BGT (or is it BGT-Tweaks) ?
I mean, I know that, if you don't dual-class Imoen in BG1, she will stay pure thief in BG2 as well.
If you make Viconia use the tome of wisdom (or whatever), her stats will remain changed according to BG1 in BG2.

So, let's say, if she is a normal priestess in BG1 with two bonus points in wisdom, will she stay that way in BG2 ?
Or will the tweak apply ?

I don't know exactly how that works in BGT (might want to ask in the BGT forum). But I suspect this wouldn't work in that case, because whatever she is at the end of BG1 she'll be at the start of BG2. So this would have to be made compatible with all of her BG1 CREs too (which it has to do anyway to be fully compatible).

I think she should just be an assassin in BG1. The player can always dual her when they like (when she's got enough XP) and I suppose her script will apply her special spells or whatever. If someone needs a cleric in BG1, they can always get Branwen, Yeslick, etc. Oh wait, I forgot, you can't "dual" a non-human... well you could just make her multi-classed as is more fitting and avoid all those issues :P.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

Ok, thank you for the answer Miloch !
I think I won't use La'Viconia so (because I almost always play with BGT)

(but nobody likes La'Viconia anyway, right ? :P )
« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

Maybe you could provide two options: one that makes her "dual-classed" and one that makes her a multi-classed cleric/assassin. And the former is skipped on BGT and Tutu (because it's not really compatible - she can't "dual" at early levels, and can't later either because the game doesn't allow it). Aye?

Though maybe there's some TobEx hack or something that allows nonhumans to dual, or something similar is possible - who knows.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Ok, thanks to Miloch there is a new version of the mod. To see changes, pleas read the first post. Yay! From now on it works with BGT and Tutu!

#26 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

Yay great, thank you !
I'll try it in my next playthrough, choosing option one (I really wanna see that servant of Shar :D )
(don't know when exactly but I'll let you know if I encounter any bug)

#27 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

This version is only thanks to Miloch :)
Ok, just let me know if something appears to be wrong :)

:cheers:

#28 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

Hello.
I'm trying to use La'Viconia Tweak v3.0, but it fails to install. I'm doing it witha BGT install (specifically, with a BWP install) but while trying to install the Dual-classed option, it stops right after 'Generating spell lists'. I looked at the debug file and it appears to be using a 'spladd1.tpp' file in the 'laviconia/lib' folder. I re-downloaded the mod thinking that the archive was corrupted in some fashion but it still failed.

#29 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

I'm trying to use La'Viconia Tweak v3.0, but it fails to install. I'm doing it witha BGT install (specifically, with a BWP install) but while trying to install the Dual-classed option, it stops right after 'Generating spell lists'. I looked at the debug file and it appears to be using a 'spladd1.tpp' file in the 'laviconia/lib' folder. I re-downloaded the mod thinking that the archive was corrupted in some fashion but it still failed.

Can you post the full DEBUG log (put it in SPOILER tags or attach it).

The spladd#.tpp files are generated dynamically based on which mods you've got installed. This is so Viconia can get the right cleric spells regardless of whether someone's changed, added spells, etc. You might have antivirus or Windows7 UAC blocking it or something - try to disable all of that and then try installing again. I just installed it on BWP (again) and it worked fine.

#30 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

Okay, the entire debug file is as follows

Spoiler

#31 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

WeiDU v 22400 Log

setup-laviconia
ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, going ahead anyway!
Sys_error("setup-laviconia: No such file or directory")

This is a big problem, and not really a problem with the mod, because it means the mod isn't there! At any rate its folder isn't being recognised. Make sure you've extracted the full mod to your game folder (in your case C:\Games\Baldurs Gate\BGII - SoA\) and then double-click on the setup-laviconia.exe file in your BGII - SoA folder. Do the other things I suggested first just to be safe. What is your operating system, by the way?

#32 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

I'm using Windows Vista. I turned off Avast, re-extracted the archive into the game folder, ran the setup file again (double clicking it in the folder and in the command prompt [it didn't acknowledge the folder when I did it through the command prompt]).

New Debug File
Spoiler

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

NPCKIT/NPCKIT.TP2 0 2800 Installed
ERROR: Sys_error("laviconia/lib/spladd1.tpp: No such file or directory")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-LAVICONIA.DEBUG to www.shsforums.net/topic/44027-laviconia-tweak/
Using Language [English]
[English] has 1 top-level TRA files
[laviconia/translations/english/setup.tra] has 15 translation strings

Install Component [La'Viconia Tweak]?
[N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:

I would suspect that the archive wasn't properly extracted, but the error could be caused by the Vista's User Account Control if it's not disabled... or that the mod doesn't have that library(in the order of the remotest chance...).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

I would suspect that the archive wasn't properly extracted

Like Miloch said, those files are dynamically generated so they're not present in the archive in the first place :P But yeah ... looks like shitty UAC again :) Mr. Guest, plz have a look at Jarno's FAQ (in his sig) for how to deal with Vista/Win7 and BGII

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#35 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:45 AM

Tried that, and it still didn't work. Ah well.
I ended up using Shadowkeeper to manually do it (the class changing, nothing else).

Despite the failure to work on my end, I love the concept and idea of the mod.

#36 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Tried that, and it still didn't work.

Tried what? Are you *sure* you went into the Control Panel and disabled UAC (User Account Control)? Double-check please.

You disable UAC by following this path in Vista:
Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> Uncheck the box next to 'Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer' and click OK, then restart the computer, in annoyance...

Also, make *absolutely certain* you disabled *all* components of Avast whilst installing. I can't tell you how many times this caused an issue for Lollorian (though maybe he can, unless he's forgot :P). See the Infinity Animations readme troubleshooting:

Try installing to an internal drive with antivirus protection disabled during the install. If unsure, disconnect from the Internet (either unplug your network cable or disable your wireless adaptor) and turn off all memory-resident programs during the install. To get a list of these, go to Start > Run and type msconfig where it says "Open:" then click OK. When the System Configuration Utility appears, click on the Startup tab. The only really necessary programs that need to be loaded in memory at startup are those related to your graphics chip (typically ATI or NVIDIA). Uncheck everything else, reboot and try installing the mod again. There are well-documented issues with installing mods while Avast antivirus is running, so make absolutely sure all components of Avast are completely disabled.

One more thing you could do to debug. Open laviconia/lib/lav-init.tpa with a text editor (Notepad or whatever). Scroll down to the bottom, after PRINT @9 where it says SILENT. Comment that SILENT line out by putting a // before it. That should put more spam on the screen and in the debug log. Also a little further down, after the line that says COPY ~laviconia-inlined/spllist.txt~ ~laviconia/lib/spladd%lvl%.tpp~ hit enter after that and type a new line:
PRINT ~Created dynamic patch laviconia/lib/spladd%lvl%.tpp~
That should confirm whether it's creating the needed files.

Incidentally, you do know the readme says to install LaViconia *before* Divine Remix, not after? Her spells might be messed up otherwise as DR implements custom versions of cleric spells. That's not what's causing this issue though.

Jarno, Lollorian, can you (or anyone else) install this on BWP? Just want to make sure it's not a larger issue.

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

Okay. Ensured the UAC was off, ensured that all AVAST shields were off and added the text in the .tpa file. Still nothing.
My computer (laptop really) is a strange and unwieldy beast.

About the spells: I figured I could always modify the spells so that they fit in later.

New debug file
Spoiler

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:45 AM

Jarno, Lollorian, can you (or anyone else) install this on BWP? Just want to make sure it's not a larger issue.

Sorry, can't promise at my end (I don't even have BGII installed atm) :crying: Maybe Jarno can ... :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#39 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:13 AM

Extended script [viconia.bcs] with [laviconia/scripts/viconia.baf]
Copying and patching 2 files ...
ERROR: [viconi6.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Sys_error("laviconia/lib/spladd1.tpp: No such file or directory"))
Stopping installation because of error.

Well, I cannot really say that I am willing to make a whole BWSetup, but if the Guest is willing to make a change-log from the viconi6.cre file(the answer #6, here says how), then I could run that creatures install routine and see...

Open laviconia/lib/lav-init.tpa with a text editor (Notepad or whatever). Scroll down to the bottom, after PRINT @9 where it says SILENT. Comment that SILENT line out by putting a // before it. That should put more spam on the screen and in the debug log. Also a little further down, after the line that says COPY ~laviconia-inlined/spllist.txt~ ~laviconia/lib/spladd%lvl%.tpp~ hit enter after that and type a new line:

That should confirm whether it's creating the needed files.

In plain words that's:
Edit the file called "lav-init.tpa" that's inside the *original game folder*/laviconia/lib/ folder by opening it with Notepad( or Notepad++ )
Go to the line 175 and change these lines:
PRINT @9 //Generating cleric spell lists ...
<<<<<<<< laviconia-inlined/spllist.txt
>>>>>>>>
SILENT
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^sppr[1-6][0-8][0-9]\.spl$~ override
To be this:
PRINT @9 //Generating cleric spell lists ...
<<<<<<<< laviconia-inlined/spllist.txt
>>>>>>>>
//SILENT
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^sppr[1-6][0-8][0-9]\.spl$~ override

And then go to the line 216 and change these lines:
INNER_ACTION BEGIN
          ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_EXISTS ~laviconia/lib/spladd%lvl%.tpp~) BEGIN
            COPY ~laviconia-inlined/spllist.txt~ ~laviconia/lib/spladd%lvl%.tpp~
          END
To be:
INNER_ACTION BEGIN
          ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_EXISTS ~laviconia/lib/spladd%lvl%.tpp~) BEGIN
            COPY ~laviconia-inlined/spllist.txt~ ~laviconia/lib/spladd%lvl%.tpp~
          END
And then save the file and run the setup-laviconia.exe and copy paste the setup-laviconia.debug files(again open the file with Notepad) content to a post...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 02 December 2010 - 03:26 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#40 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

The .debug file after editing the tpa is in the Guest spoiler above

This is what the change-log put out:

Spoiler

Along with a set of Viconi6.0000[number].CRE which I assume corresponds to the modifications above.