• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#41 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Change-logs aren't really going to help anything here. The problem is that Guest's system isn't letting files (i.e. the dynamically-generated spell patches) be saved to the mod's subfolders (which is why we asked for confirmation of UAC and all memory-resident programs being disabled, as detailed in my last post).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#42 seden

seden
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

Damn, screwed, same issue with spladd1.tpp.

But, I havent read correctly the readme (sig) and now DR is installed.
Still (luck ?), the installer is paused just before the next mod, so I've been able to de install DR. Then, La'Viconia did install seamelessy..

Not sure what happened, btw, I've added the change as Jarno Mikkola had asked.

UAC off, anti virus off, all other mod are installing fine (some warning for file mismatch but no error so far, 1/2 of the setup passed).

Attached Files

#43 -Miloch-

-Miloch-

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Still (luck ?), the installer is paused just before the next mod, so I've been able to de install DR. Then, La'Viconia did install seamelessy..

Eh, ok...
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Dual-class (Lava's original option enhanced by Miloch)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Portrait that matches Viconia's thief animation
(recolored hood)
Looks like the dynamic libraries are getting created properly (obviously, or the mod wouldn't install successfully).

Are you saying it didn't work with Divine Remix installed first? Pretty sure that wouldn't make a difference, except what I said in the readme (DR should be installed later). But anyway, if you can replicate a scenario where it doesn't install, post the DEBUG log from that.

#44 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:33 AM

I think I can confirm that LaViconia will not install if Divine Remix is installed first (spladd1 not found error). I am using Windows XP, and am not installing to 'Program Files' directory, so UAC is not the problem. Attached is the DEBUG file and a changelog of viconi6.cre.

Attached File  LaViconia_Logs.zip   39.02K   389 downloads

#45 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:17 PM

Can't promise anything soon, but will try to replicate the error if I don't forget.

Edit: but once again, you do know the readme says to install DR *after* La'Viconia, right?

Edited by Miloch, 08 March 2011 - 11:17 PM.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#46 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

Yes, I know now! :doh: But I was responding to your post from December 29 where you wrote:

Are you saying it didn't work with Divine Remix installed first? Pretty sure that wouldn't make a difference, except what I said in the readme (DR should be installed later). But anyway, if you can replicate a scenario where it doesn't install, post the DEBUG log from that.

I can't code to save my life, so if I can highlight bugs or issues in a couple of mods, that's as much as I can contribute to the community that's provided hundreds of hours of free extra gameplay. :Bow:

#47 -Iavasechui-

-Iavasechui-

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

This is definietly interesting but is the daylight blindness optional? Because while I can understand her having it in BG1 which she DID have in that game the time that has passed between BG1 and BG2 she should have adapted and lost that disadvantage. I believe that was the intent of her not having it in BG2 in the first place.

#48 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

I believe drows should get permanent penalty, but I'm not sure if you understood the effect - it's not blindness effect. She is blinded in the sense she get's -2 dex at daylight. She's not blind in the sense she has extreemly short range of vision :)

#49 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

But isn't Daylight Adaption a legitimate feat?

#50 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Any hope to fix and include this mod into Big World Project?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#51 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

What do you mean by "fix"? Was any bug reported?

#52 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

Em.. I mean why this mod not included into BWP?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#53 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

I have no idea - I have never played with BWP and I have no idea who decides on the BWP mods, so...:wacko:

#54 -K Le Blanc-

-K Le Blanc-

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

Got an error message the file lib/spladd1.tpp was missing, looked th folder but didn't see it.

#55 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Urm, to be honest, this must be Miloch's part, because I'm not even sure what the file does :P
Miloch?

#56 -Gorgus-

-Gorgus-

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

I'm going to start a run through SoA with this tweak installed. Can you tell us the thieving points distribution when I met her? And her weapon proficiencies? Thanks in advance.

#57 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Sure. Note that abillities are get -10 in a day light due to her blindness penalty, but also everything that will provide dex bonus, will increase the abillities + there are some items that give bonus to thief's abillities so these can be actually become higher :) She appeared to be good enough on my run (even though it may be surprising)
Posted Image

#58 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Urm, to be honest, this must be Miloch's part, because I'm not even sure what the file does

I think the few people who reported this error (and I was never able to reproduce it) must have the game installed to Program Files in Win7 or the like, and/or have UAC on so no files can be written to the mod's folder. Basically, these files generate Viconia's known spells based on whatever mods you have installed, so they aren't delivered with the mod. I guess I could try to change it to use inlined files or something, but there must've been some reason I didn't do that originally.

Also, note that Viconia's level, skills, proficiencies will be different based on whichever level you are when you first meet her (even without something like Level 1 NPCs - that is standard game behaviour).

Edit: also there was a thread to request your mod be added to the BWP install, but it is likely well-buried now and I don't know who maintains the BWP anymore, or if anyone does. Leonardo Watson at least at one time was pretty good in adding new mods automatically, but not all mini-mods get picked up because they don't have RSS news release feeds.

Edited by Miloch, 05 November 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#59 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

I'm using the version where Viconia is a dual class. Now she's reached lvl 7 in the Nightcloak of Shar class, but the lvl 7 Thief is still inactive. What to do?

#60 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

I'm using the version where Viconia is a dual class. Now she's reached lvl 7 in the Nightcloak of Shar class, but the lvl 7 Thief is still inactive. What to do?

You level her up to level 8 to activate the class, duh. That's the original behavior.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.