Your Top3 Most Awaited Games - 2010

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

Well, here's the 2010 edition of "Your Top3 Most Awaited Games" - the last time I posted this was in 2008 and Bluenose covered it last year, so without further ado, this my top3 for 2010:

I. Mass Effect 2
This is the number one for me as I really liked ME1 and from what I've seen, ME2 is only going to be better in almost every aspect. Not too long to go before the launch either.

II. Fallout: New Vegas
I genuinely liked FO3 because of its relaxing effect, so this one is a no brainer. I guess you could argue that shooting mutants in the desert isn't exactly relaxing, but hey, I relax by playing shooters, or shooter-action-roleplaying-sandbox games in this case (SARS for short :lol: ).

III. Alpha Protocol
I'm hoping to find some of the magic DX1 had in its day in this game. I haven't really followed its development, so I'll just let myself be surprised and go buy it blind, so to speak. Maybe it will even make me like stealth games.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

I. Command & Conquer 4
II. Fallout: New Vegas
III. Dragon Age ... 2
Well, yes, it's hasn't been announced nor will be anytime soon, but I am already waiting it. :P

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Mass Effect 2

Fallout: New Vegas

StarCraft 2*

*I don't know if this is going to be released this year since it was meant to be out last year IIRC but anyway...

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

• Mass Effect 2
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Fallout: New Vegas
And DA: Awakening, too, but that's an expansion. :) Also Bioshock 2.

Here's a big whopping list of games-to-be-released this year, courtesy of Rock Paper Shotgun.

Mass Effect 2
Star Trek Online
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Bioshock 2
Aliens vs. Predator
Global Agenda
Napoleon: Total War
Split/Second
Command & Conquer 4
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 1943
Just Cause 2
APB/All Points Bulletin
Alien Breed Evolution
Metro 2033
Supreme Commander 2
Silent Hunter 5
Elemental - War of Magic
Two Worlds II
Alpha Protocol
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Dead Rising 2
Starcraft 2
Singularity
Mafia II
Lego Universe
Jumpgate Evolution
Black Prophecy
The Secret World
Heroes of Newerth
Mortal Online
Perpetuum Online
Overgrowth
Natural Selection 2
Naumachia
Trackmania 2
Max Payne 3

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

I agree with Archmage Silver's list. ME2, Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol, yup. Maaaaybe Fallout: NV over ME2, but if so only by a hair.

Despite some real flaws, I also thought Fallout 3 was an entertaining game. Some things it was just plain bad at, but some other things it really did very well at. (I think the fact that I lived in DC for a few years and exploring through the ruined metros was a truly spooky experience for me had a lot to do with it). I think Obsidian has a much better track record at the things Bethesda did poorly with in Fallout 3, so I'm hopeful that New Vegas will be a really excellent game.

Qwinn

#6 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

Bioshock 2
Dragon Age all in one GOTY
Left4Dead3 (but just to troll the buyers)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#7 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

1. ME2
2. Fallout NV
3. the Dragon Age expansion (if it comes this year)

Other than that, well, not a lot. I'm not a prolific gamer in terms of quantity - I play obsessively but I will be playing the same game for months sometimes, mining all the content. I'm only just into Dragon Age and the Witcher is still sat on my shelf so between those four games I'm probably going to be busy for the year.
Of course, there is always the possibility of an interesting BG2 mod coming along which will distract me further.

Isn't Diablo 3 meant to be soon? I actually never played the first two, but could be tempted by this.

#8 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:16 AM

Wow, I can't believe no one's waiting for StarCraft 2! ME2 is number one on my list, and we won't have too long to wait until it comes out, which is the good news. StarCraft 2 is number 2 on list as I have really fond memories of playing number one back in high school (wow, seems like it was ages ago). I'm also waiting for Dragon Age's Awakening to come out, but not sure it qualifies as an entire game. I might be intrigued by Max Payne 3 if I had actually gotten around to playing the first two (my sister always said they were pretty awesome, but I've never been a huge FPS fan, but maybe someday I'll get around to giving them a spin... Someday when I'm not busy playing ME1, DAO, ME2 or even NWN2 which I just got around to trying out)...

All in all, some pretty nice games to look forward to, although my ultimate wish would be to see a KotOR 3 on that list... *sigh*

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:01 AM

I agree with Qwinn on Obsidian having a better track record with games than Bethesda, so I'm also expecting a less buggy Fallout game out of New Vegas. I'm looking forward to killing some mutants there. I just hope you can get another dog to replace Dogmeat.

Cal Jones, Blizzard mentioned last year that Diablo 3 isn't part of their 2010 plan, so it's either 2011 or later for that title. Not that I'm very disappointed, I never got into the prequels that well, although ironically enough, I like playing other hack n slash RPGs e.g. the Dungeon Siege series.

Starcraft II is supposed to be out this year, but personally I'm not interested in it as I prefer to play C&C games on the rare occasion I venture into strategy games these days. Those and the first Battle for Middle-Earth game.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 17 January 2010 - 06:02 AM.

#10 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:22 AM

1:Mass effect 2

2:Alien vs. Predator

3:Command & Conquer 4

Others:-

Fable 3
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Max Payne 3
Resident Evil 5 DLC

#11 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

Mass Effect 2, which I have pre-ordered and should get on the release date.

Napoleon: Total War, which I will get despite Empire:TW being slightly disappointing.

Starcraft 2, if it makes it.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

Just posting this because the bigg mentioned Bioshock 2 on his list:

Steam currently has a number of spiffy deals on Bioshock 2. Those who preorder the upcoming sequel from Valve's digital distribution service will not only get 10 percent off the standard retail price (down to $44.99), they'll also receive a copy of the original Bioshock for free.

Should you already own the first Bioshock, these digital copies can be gifted to anyone on your Steam friends list -- though you may run into a little trouble finding somebody who doesn't already have the game after all the recent holiday sales.

Also on offer is a four-pack of Bioshock 2, which, like the Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 bundles, can be split between four friends. These bundles include the same 10 percent price reduction for preordering ($134.97 instead of $149.97), as well as four free copies of Bioshock to divvy up.

Bioshock 2 is scheduled to release on February 9, 2010 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

#13 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, already read that - unfortunately they fucked up as usual and my willingness to get Bioshock2 is now nil (you must install SecuROM even with the Steam version, to say nothing of remote activation and GFWL).

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

GFWL? That thing is utter shite, I hate it. And that other stuff is crap too. Way to go about publishing games, who in their right mind even wants to install junk like that on their PCs? At least you can get rid of GFWL in Fallout 3, not sure about other games.

#15 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

You can play Bioshock 2 without GFWL, but not if you want things like the ability to save games.

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

That's just plain wrong... I don't know how they actually try to excuse using GFWL like that, but I'll be surprised if people just go along with it. That software is utterly useless.

#17 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:59 AM

That's just plain wrong... I don't know how they actually try to excuse using GFWL like that, but I'll be surprised if people just go along with it. That software is utterly useless.

The PC port of GTA IV did the same (along with a ton of bugs and performance issues), and it didn't exactly fail.

#18 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

I'd be willing to put that success on GTA's popularity and brand image, but meh... I guess people can put up with stuff like GFWL, but I certainly can't.

#19 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

I bought Fallout 3's DLCs on DVD specifically so I could avoid GFWL. Piece of crap, that is.

#20 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:36 AM

Apparently this is the full log of what you can't do without GFWL in Bioshock 2:

Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; Ability to save game, earn achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE; software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.