Photo

Musings about items

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nevill

nevill
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

I decided to write some of my thoughts on healing items and charms. I tried to implement some of those and failed miserably. Guess I need to try and find someone who is able to do this instead or at least give me a hint how it is done. :)

First - and this issue bugs me most - why there isn't a limit of healing items a character may use per round? How do you picture applying over 20 bandages in a course of a single round? And why do you need items without secondary effects if bandages can last you a lifetime? Is there a way to impose some limitations similar to BG ones?

2nd. I think that most of the charms and healing items should not be usable by Morte. Look at the description of the Clot Charm, for example. It enhances blood coagulation, but Morte, being a skull, doesn't have any. :) And what bandages are supposed to do with the bones? Morte is by far the best fighter in terms or resistances, and has an ability that practically forces enemies to target him. To balance this out something like restricting Morte's healing to magical means and embalming fluid is in order.

3rd. The price of Blood Charm (30 GP) seem a bit odd to me. It's cheaper than it's lesser cousin, Clot Charm! I know it doesn't have any other effects, but those are secondary to healing.

4th. I think needle should be usable by TNO only. For anyone else it should decrease HP, kind of like Embalming fluid does. And maybe it shouldn't be usable by Morte.

Anyone interested in discussing this?

Edited by nevill, 18 January 2010 - 08:54 AM.

#2 nevill

nevill
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

...any ideas how to implement any of these (except 3rd)? I guess that removing the option to use charms from inventory is what I need for 1st, but how do I do it? Is this hardcoded?

#3 Wally.S

Wally.S
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

I concur. But I haven't got the faintest idea about how to implement it. :)