ME2: Launch Party Thread

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

The Mass Effect 2 launch party thread is here! 6 days to go until the North American release, so I thought I'd put this up early. The official release dates:

NA: January 26th
EU: January 29th
AU: January 28th

There's been talk of some retailers selling the game as early as January 27th in Europe. The release dates between nations outside NA vary wildly according to the Mass Effect wikia, but I'll leave it up to you to determine what's what.

Feel free to post spoilers, but do use the spoiler tags as is customary on these occasions.

Posted Image

Edited by Archmage Silver, 05 February 2010 - 06:03 AM.

#2 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

I've been waiting for this thread to come up. I'm so excited about ME2's release, and pretty psyched to be getting the Collector's Edition. Can't wait to get my hands on it, even though I know it'll be a while before I get the finish the whole thing (got some vacation days coming up in February, and vacation means no computer!).
Still, I'm counting the days!! ^_^ How about you guys?

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

I'll probably try to juggle my Java and business database planning studies as I play ME2, but we'll see how that goes... :P

I've also got the last week off in February, but with the Winter Olympic games in Vancouver on I doubt I'll get anything constructive done then because of the time difference (i.e. I'll be watching sports all night).

#4 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:39 AM

I am looking forward to playing this very much but as I've only just got Dragon Age I think that will keep me busy until around March or so. I'll come join in the fun then. I usually like my games to be a few months old so the devs have ample chance to patch and fix any issues. Comes of being a former games journo who often had to review buggy pre-release stuff. Had my fill of that!

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

Heh, Dragon Age will do that... then you'll only have the dilemma of whether to play the DA expansion in March (release on 16th) or ME2! ;)

#6 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

I have Mass Effect pre-ordered and was going to spend the entire weekend (Jan 30-31) playing it. Unfortunately it now looks like I'll have to work then. :(

I miss the days of KotOR I and II, both of which I played for days with only interruption being sleep and food. Growing up sucks.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

Places like justin.tv already have people with leaked versions of the game playing. Crazy, can't believe it's already out there.

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:15 AM

OLD

Edited by Archmage Silver, 26 January 2010 - 07:32 AM.

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:45 AM

OLD

Edited by Archmage Silver, 25 January 2010 - 09:34 AM.

#10 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

France and the UK must not be concerned by this, as I ordered my CE version on GameStation, and haven't gotten any e-mail. In the event that something *does* happen to delay the delivery, it'll remind me why I like the "pay only when it ships" principle...

Edited by Eleima, 21 January 2010 - 09:35 AM.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:38 AM

I'm sure there'll be more information available later today or tomorrow. I'll see what I can find.

#12 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

I still have my order of CE for the Xbox 360 on GAME.co.uk and it seems they only show the CE for PC now. :huh:

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

OLD

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

OLD

#15 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

Apparently our copy was shipped last night, so with any luck we might get it 2 days before the proper release date here in AUS! w00t. :)

Edit: But due to Australia Day, won't get it until tomorrow. C'est la vie! Still, a day before the rest of Australia is still pretty good. And I get to listen to the Hottest 100 as recompense!

Edited by K'aeloree, 25 January 2010 - 02:48 PM.

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

I'm not sure about my CE copy anymore... the delay for the CE in Northern Europe might be anything from February 1st to 5th.

Edit: Has anyone looked into those Dr. Pepper DLC Codes? Not that I can even buy those prize bottles in Finland, but nice for those who live in North America.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 25 January 2010 - 03:39 PM.

#17 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Well, doesn't like there'll be any delay for the UK, I think, because GameStation e-mailed me last night to say that my order was being prepared to ship out, so... *shrug* no delay at all? And I'm getting the CE copy too.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#18 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

No delay for the UK, there were never any rumors about one there either. France and Germany are in the same basket as well, although those versions are usually localized.

The general consensus in Finland is that we'll get the CE on February 4th, so I'll have to wait an extra week. Bloody EA can't get its act together in time... grr.

#19 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:29 AM

It's now out over here, I think. Curse the campus shuttle to the shopping center only running on the weekends...

Edited by Tempest, 26 January 2010 - 06:29 AM.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#20 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:30 AM

Well, doesn't like there'll be any delay for the UK, I think, because GameStation e-mailed me last night to say that my order was being prepared to ship out, so... *shrug* no delay at all? And I'm getting the CE copy too.

I also got an email from GAME yesterday with order being prepared. :)