Photo

Association with Neh'taniel?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Setharnas

Setharnas
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:52 AM

I haven't played this mod yet (though it is in the BWP-installation I just compiled yesterday), so you might already be ahead of me on this.

Anyways, when I read the description of Fading Promises, I couldn't help but think of Neh'taniel - Undead, Amaunator, and you, Berelinde, on the modding team. <_< So I was wondering if you had thought of or already done some crossmod content between the two? Just curious, but considering how happy I was to see Neh'taniel be picked up again... Could be interesting. Thanks anyway!

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

I confess, I hadn't thought about it until now. I suppose it is possible. Neht would certainly be able to see Aidan, and Im sure they'd have a lot to talk about, what with both of them being dead paladins of Amaunator. Their backgrounds are a little different, though, since Aidan was from Netheril and was a regular paladin whereas Neht was a judicial knight, but that's an area that could be explored. Also, Aidan's death occurred about a thousand years before Neht's.

The thing I would be afraid of would be for any conversation between Aidan and the PC to be overshadowed by chitchat between Aidan and Neht. It would be entirely appropriate, however, however for Neht to interject into Aidan's dialogue... and possibly to get a bit jealous if it looks like Aidan is falling in love with the PC.

I'll talk to Kitanna and see what she wants to do. She's pretty fired up about crossmod for Neht, since the new version is coming along so well, so I don't imagine it would take much persuading to get her to agree to doing crossmod.

In all honesty, though, I wrote Fading Promises without knowing anything about Neh'taniel. I knew he was an undead NPC, and that's about it. I'm really more of a coding consultant than an actual writer for Neht, though. We've been squashing bugs that will make Neht's next version much more stable.

Edited by berelinde, 20 January 2010 - 10:52 AM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Kitanna

Kitanna
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

This isn't the first request I've had for crossmod with Aidan. I just never gave it much thought since Fading promises isn't that large of a mod. I wouldn't be opposed to it as long as, like Berelinde said, it doesn't overshadow her mod. We'll see if we can come up with something suitable since it does make sense that Neht would see him when others can't and make a comment on the things they have in common, such as Amaunator. I can't do it for awhile yet, Neht is a mine field of bugs and everytime I fix one, ten more pop up. Thank you for your interest in Neht and for the request. I'll do my best to see that there is a least some interaction between them, even if only a line or two.

Kitanna
Neh'taniel NPC Mod

Calin NPC Mod - In progress

Navarra NPC Mod - In progress