Check the Bodies 1.12 bug report

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

There are two broken creatures in CtB 1.12 and fixed in 1.12a. 1.12a will be uploaded when K'aeloree gets it.

Here are the two and you can download these and copy paste to CtB\creatures\translate folder and overwrite.

[attachment=19202:CB3547BL.CRE]

[attachment=19203:CBMALR5a.CRE]

Nobody's perfect :blush:

Edited by Hoppy, 04 February 2010 - 06:54 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

I'd like to first point out that this is NOT a bug but a typo :) (there's no typo reporting thread so :P)

Anyway, line 12734 in Setup-CtB.tp2 is:
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/CTB_CHRS.bif~
should it be...
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/CTB-CHRS.bif~
?? :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

I'd like to first point out that this is NOT a bug but a typo :) (there's no typo reporting thread so :P)

Anyway, line 12734 in Setup-CtB.tp2 is:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/CTB_CHRS.bif~
should it be...
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/CTB-CHRS.bif~
?? :)

Duly noted..
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

Please have a look at this

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

Originally it was to solve one problem which was the double increment of the Chapter. To solve one problem means to cause another I guess. Fail/Me.

Add this to TP2

EXTEND_TOP    ~AR2500.bcs~ ~CtB/scripts/append/aptp2500.BAF~

and please place it after the existing code @Ln 978 so everything looks like this beginning @ Line 978 :

COPY_EXISTING ~AR2500.bcs~ ~override~
REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK ~CtB/scripts/append/oAR2500.baf~ ~CtB/scripts/append/nAR2500.baf~     //Chapter fix by BWP

EXTEND_TOP    ~AR2500.bcs~ ~CtB/scripts/append/aptp2500.BAF~

We need it to go on top so that it is the first thing or relatively first that fires when leaving the Underdark unless other mods append blocks to the top and interrupt this one.

Edited by Hoppy, 09 June 2010 - 04:34 PM.

- King Diamond

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

New file for non-editing friendly. Just replace the existing Setup-CtB.TP2 with this one. :)

[attachment=20368:Setup-CtB.TP2]

- King Diamond

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Line 159 in CtBFinishInstall.bat:

weidu --out CTB-TIS3 --biff-get-rest AM1700.*WAV
ren CTB-TIS3\AM1700.WAV AM3675.WAV
ren CTB-TIS3\AM1700N.WAV AM3675N.WAV
Was that supposed to be:
weidu --out CTB-TIS3 --biff-get-rest AM1700*.WAV
?? :P

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

Line 159 in CtBFinishInstall.bat:

weidu --out CTB-TIS3 --biff-get-rest AM1700.*WAV
Was that supposed to be:
weidu --out CTB-TIS3 --biff-get-rest AM1700*.WAV
?? :P

I guess but I never touched the .bat nor created it so this is all news to me.

- King Diamond

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

It looked fishy cause the .bat tries to rename AR1700N.wav right after extracting and renaming AR1700.wav :P (also ... I doubt CtB wants to do something a AR1700.<insert-extension-that-ends-in-"wav"-but-isn't-a-wav> :lol:)

The corrected line will extract AR1700N.wav too :cheers:

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

I think this is in regards to the final biffing so it is probably something trivial but thanks for the detail. There have not been any crashes affixed to a bogus ambient and my guess is that they are either still in override or the original BIF still. Then again, I dream a lot.

- King Diamond

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

The Bugbears and harpies do not have attack scripts. Well some do and some don't. The ones that do not are the extra spawns after the level checks have been done so this would be in the lower levels. They have only a script that says Face(12) or the like which means they look at you and do nothing 8) Cool! :lol:

Anyway, the trapped door is either a total area f'''up or the spell is cheesed. I'll do a vanilla test with CtB to see. Nothing I can do if those spells are jacked which as I said before will cause a CTD in a trap script whether or not you have a spellcaster cast the same spell 50 times with no CTD. Something about the power of the spell and the trap scripts, maybe.

I will look into the CBBUGBRX, Y and Z to add some scripts or just add to their default script and check the harpies too.

EDIT: I looked at the Bugbears and Harpies again and the ones in question already have scripts assigned, basic but they are present. They originally have WTASIGT for Race and CBWTMONS for general.

This is for CBBGBERX, _______Y and _________Z

and CBHARPYX,_______Y and __________Z

Edited by Hoppy, 25 September 2010 - 03:47 PM.

- King Diamond

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Then CtB, TDD and BP come along and do:
APPEND ~shoutids.ids~ ~2 _ESCAPE_AREA_2~ UNLESS ~ESCAPE_AREA_2~

- King Diamond

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:53 AM

Hlondeth area crash fix:

http://www.shsforums...post__p__497578

Easy to put in override if you already have a version of CtB installed or you can use as a re-placer at install time.

Edited by Hoppy, 24 September 2010 - 06:53 AM.

- King Diamond

#14 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

The Insect Plague and Web components of SpellPack B6 (yet to be released) halt when patching CBHLYTA+.ITM according to this post.

I launch Nythrun's reindexer each time I patch an item and spell; SpellPack patches thousands of items and spells to make sure they interact with the new effects and spells that SpellPack introduces.

I'm not posting the link for SpellPack here, since it's not completely ready yet. If you have access to the G3 workroom, you can find it here, or I can PM you the link. If you download the mod, you will also have to download the corrected versions of the .tp2 files. The corrected versions will also give feedback which .itm/.spls are being patched through PATCH_PRINT "%SOURCE_FILE%"

I need someone who is willing to test whether all components of SpellPack install over CtB, and send me all the broken .spl or .itm files so I can reproduce the errors.

-Galactygon

Edited by Galactygon, 24 September 2010 - 11:53 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:31 PM

I can do it right now but what version am I downloading or testing? I never installed SpellPack before.

- King Diamond

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

The Insect Plague and Web components of SpellPack B6 (yet to be released) halt when patching CBHLYTA+.ITM according to this post.

Offhand (without looking at the code or a detailed error message), I'd say it's trying to interpret that + as a regexp character (which it is). CtB should just rename it to something else (cbhlytam.itm perhaps). Using regexp characters in filenames is kind of bad form.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

Offhand (without looking at the code or a detailed error message), I'd say it's trying to interpret that + as a regexp character (which it is). CtB should just rename it to something else (cbhlytam.itm perhaps). Using regexp characters in filenames is kind of bad form.

I'll change it to CBHLYTA2 since it is an upgraded axe. Only one dialog needs to change too but no biggy.

Edited by Hoppy, 25 September 2010 - 05:35 PM.

- King Diamond

#18 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

We came, we saw, we conquered and Check the Bodies 1.13 has been released. Thanks to all who helped make this mod more compatible and more enjoyable :cheers:

It may take a day or two for Liam to upload the new version as I cannot do it unless I am King Diamond :lol:

I will upload to dragonhoard as well but they seem to have some downtime right now.

- King Diamond

#19 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

I'll change it to CBHLYTA2 since it is an upgraded axe. Only one dialog needs to change too but no biggy.

Dialogue...change..there are new translations to do...Posted Image

We came, we saw, we conquered and Check the Bodies 1.13 has been released. Thanks to all who helped make this mod more compatible and more enjoyable Posted Image

It may take a day or two for Liam to upload the new version as I cannot do it unless I am King Diamond Posted Image

I will upload to dragonhoard as well but they seem to have some downtime right now.

Thank to you and all who helped yuo make this new version!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by ilot, 02 October 2010 - 01:43 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#20 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

Dialogue...change..there are new translations to do...

In this case (changing an item filename) I think not - it is merely a technical change. Meaning it takes place in the .d files but not the .tra files. Though I don't know if Hoppy made other dialogue changes that might affect .tra files.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle