My V. 0.51 REPORT

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:14 AM

Anyway -no sweat :cheers: -excuse me if i have been carried away too much. i'll write again only if i encounter major mishaps or get stuck.

Aa-aehm, as I said, I am not part of the team so my comments might be out of the teams agenda... but I am sure I am allowed to comment them(this world is free, right), but I am sure that whatever you'll write, will be appreciated by someone. So don't hold back...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#22 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

But see, there is no dragon, it's actually a small wyvern the kobolds call as a dragon...

Ah, thats why he never used a breath weapon. I thought since he would talk, and also since he was held captive... The concept of "subdueing a dragon" is very old in (A)D&D, i remember it from the first Monster Manual - so maybe thats why i mistook Calcryx for a real dragon.
But in those days, kobolds still used to bark...

According to the Sunless Citadel PnP module (a PDF copy can be found here), Calcryx IS a real dragon. The paragraphs on the left are directly from the module, and the chart of dragon ages came from here.
Calcryx.png
Calcryx uses the animation of a baby wyvern because there isn't an animation for a micro white dragon in any game, although we might could make one now that Infinity Animations can add it to the game.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage