Photo

Revisit The Deep Garden

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

First off, cool mod! It's the first mini-quest adventure mod I've played so far after using BigWorldProject and it was refreshing to have something different in the game (though the ethereal voices spoke a bit too slowly at times, making me skip thru them and mute the sound so it didn't just have slow echoed speech).

I was wondering if it was possible to revisit the Gardens again without the need to cheat back in?

I ask because I hardly had any gold when I first went in and so couldn't afford a marking.

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:44 AM

Unfortunately, player may visit Deep Gardens only once. Changing that woul kill most of the sense of the mod - the last talk with Colour's Dream, the task of collecting Colours. You know - it would erase the "magic of the mod". Money is also the reason why I suggest to visit Gardens a bit later than just after escaping Jon's dungeon. Of course you can just summon the right creature - Silver Tongue and blacksmith will work outside the area, however the one who sells items from the list via dialogue will work only in TotDG main area - his scripts are part of area baf file.

Hey, was this really a mini-quest? :P Well, I know it's not a TS, but still your first time with this mod should take you something like hour :P

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod ;)

#3 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:40 AM

Unfortunately, player may visit Deep Gardens only once. Changing that woul kill most of the sense of the mod - the last talk with Colour's Dream, the task of collecting Colours. You know - it would erase the "magic of the mod". Money is also the reason why I suggest to visit Gardens a bit later than just after escaping Jon's dungeon. Of course you can just summon the right creature - Silver Tongue and blacksmith will work outside the area, however the one who sells items from the list via dialogue will work only in TotDG main area - his scripts are part of area baf file.

Hey, was this really a mini-quest? :P Well, I know it's not a TS, but still your first time with this mod should take you something like hour :P

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod ;)

No offence intended calling it a mini-quest mod! I called it mini as I thought things like TDD and DSotSC were the 'big' ones. :)

I think I managed to get this mod as part of a Questmod pack through the Big World Picture installer, so didn't really know about needing gold, but nevermind :). I usually try and complete quests as I get them so I managed to run into the quest starter after the Baron Ployer quest.

Possible Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler

Edited by MatthewH86, 07 February 2010 - 07:42 AM.

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

The music is a really great and it doesn't come from any other game. It is from a music project called Lunatic Soul - it was done by leader of polish band Riverside. They are just... marvelous.

No offence intended calling it a mini-quest mod! I called it mini as I thought things like TDD and DSotSC were the 'big' ones.

Alright, alright :P I think it has a length similar to for example... Dungeon Crawl? Maybe a bit longer, but even if yes - not much longer.

About the return - I though of that kind of adventure, but still if that would take place I doubt people of the Gardens would be the same. If something was to consume their world they would probably hide somewhere... if merchants would be dead already... So... If I were you I wouldn't wait for the "Return to the Deep Gardens"... however you may expect new Garden-like quest mod from me :P Probability of that is much more higher :P

:cheers:

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

Ya know ... if only there was a way to get enough gold required for atleast the color marking (not all the items and spells) within Deep Garden itself ;)

Some sort of hidden trove within the area (after all, the guys there don't exactly need the gold right?? :P) ... Also, you could make it only appear if the party has less than the required gold :P (so rich parties don't get the treasure and need to buy it with their own moolah :D)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

I had this idea before, but forgot when I posted it. Instead of costing gold, how about making all Garden transactions cost experience? Kind of like giving part of your past experiences as an exchange for their gifts.

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

As I remember I made the selling items in Gardens a bit more "better" for the player - you can get more money for selling items there than in normal stores on the surface. That should help to gather more money. Since the money doesn't exist there I don't feel like giving player a chance to earn there XX 000 GP... They see gold as "Dirty Gold Colour" and they want it because it's something rare in there. If there was such a great ammount of gold in the Gardens why would they like to have it more... they won't spare that on alcohol or... let's say woman... Also I won't make any other changes than fixes to the mod, because it is traified, it has other than english translations done/in progress - hey I can't translate new portions to german, french... also I see this as completed project.
I think it's also better for both me and you to focus on something new that will appear than to concetrate on small, not really significant things that could be done in a different way... ;)