#1 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

What I'd like: :ph34r:

Gameplay
Adapting the combat system of Fallout 1 / 2 to Baldur Gate
Adapting the system to increase skills, talents Fallout 1 / 2 to Baldur Gate
Able to access several panoplies, either in the form of a spell or by a modification of the interface, especially for multi-classed characters ...

Rules
Some mentors, to gain skills like Arcanum and Planescape

Edit negative rolls reactions
Able to have a chance to knock off guard, searching my victim, without negative reactions

To detect the alignment without négative reactions

More Features
Physics: Climbing, Smith, Alchemy, Intimidate
Intellectual: Diplomacy, Bluff, Linguistics
Detection indices for the bard, increased for the ranger , especially when meeting / random map

More Surprise
Maps, Random encounters
Allied Mysterious

Creating Artifacts (in Progress)
Create a singing sword
A Magic Flute, which summon rats
Adapt DAKHON PST Sword in Baldur's features with upgradeable
Be nice to have 2-handed Axes
Nunchaku for the monk & shurikens

Kits / Races (in Progress)
Knowing the innate characteristics of tiefflins
Knowing the innate characteristics of githzerai / githanki

Create different kits in avoiding the confines of the hard coded limitation (In Progress/Done)

-Whether the kits who's are created with SK have normal role-play progress or not ?

Optional features in addition to the Kits: Factions (Harper, Iron Throne ...) as in Planescape, with attributes, quests, etc.. accordingly ...

Scenarios
a) Adapting the characters of Lone Wolf and Cub from a manga and a series of Japanese films of the 70s
-Creating a kit : Executioner
-Make a child a full-fledged character (CHARAC, NPC or Familiar)

b) Create a Quest for the ghoul Korax of BG1, I see well a Gith / monk cursed by a queen Lich , who must choose the path to find his alignment

c) Adapt Jackson and Livingstone Fighting Fantasy Book, specially : City of Thieves

Graphics
Some pointed hats for our mages (In Progress)
Long hair for women and barbarians
Mount : as horses or Wynerves ...
Tattoos, especially for certain races and for those who can not wear armor
Some Avatars adapted from another Games like Mortal Kombat (for the Monk especially)
Tails for tiefflelins as in PST
Effects for planar as in Lionheart

The symbols on the portraits around and not above, for more visibility

Sounds :
More ambience effects
More sounds for Charac (Done/In Progress)

A list of Mods or others alternatives to play with a custom kits (Done/In Progress)
-To Playing with my custom kits at most mods possible without conflict
-Or like campaign as in IceWindale with my own team without the risk of conflicts related to scenarios of predetermined characters
-Or have an alternative to test my team a real challenge whether in a Mod, online or otherwise ...

Playing with all the TOB Mods of Possible
BWP I know, but I do not think it specifically mentioned the mods on TOB strictly speaking ...

Online :
-Online battles between players using different kits of their choice... (sort of Ultimate-Fight at Copper Coronet with a live broadcast :wacko: on Speelhold T.V. :lol: )

Edited by salomonkane, 02 October 2010 - 03:31 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#2 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:38 AM

MODS IDEAS :

Mod Idea 1) Special Ability : Defence :
Why ?
Because, the "Guard Mode" it's used "Only" to set the character on "Guard mode" of an object like another character, and when then the character sees a hostile target that might attack the guarded object, he attacks that target.
-So it's a defense in the attack, there is no real defense ...

Features :
-The defender use the Guard Mode as defenses of the target with a % of bonus of the shield or AC added to the target
-A graphic effect, shows the character defending target

Mod Idea 2) Special Ability : Soft Knock
Why ?
Because the reaction is based on reputation,
-So it is not logical that one can not knock "discreetly"

Features :
-Rogue or a warrior with a his high dexterity/strength/lucky could knock out a target to steal, or solve a quest ..., without a negative reaction, without killing
-A graphic effect, shows the character incanting a spell

I look forward to your advice and suggestions on my expectations, I would supplement and gradually this post to reflect my instincts ...
... Mostly : If there are mods that match my desire, you should say so ! :woot:

Thank you very much :D

Edited by salomonkane, 20 June 2010 - 08:33 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#3 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

Mod Idea 3) Special Ability : Fatality
Why ?
Because, this option is not "sophisticated" enough for my taste in Baldur
-So it must be remedied as soon

Features :
-Charac acquires or may acquire /various characteristics ( to define : alignment, class, weapons, guilds, deities, races, ...),
A special talent for ending the days of his victim , dramatically ...
-An animation shows the characters "finish" his victim !

By the Way, it would be a "wonderful opportunity" to create a contest in our community : The Most Beautiful "Fatality" ...

Edited by salomonkane, 14 July 2010 - 09:37 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#4 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

Mod Idea 4) Weapon Proficiency : Unarmed Attack Style
Why ?
Because, this option is not available
-So it's frustrating to be deprived of martial competence

Features :
-To the creation of character, a new proficiency is available : Unarmed Attack
-An animation shows the characters fighting hand to hand (fist and/or kick)
Quo Vadis ?

#5 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

Something about Proficiency

From Dialog.tlk

String: 34170
BRAWLING: This proficiency teaches the character how by using only their hands they can deflect their enemies attacks. They also learn how to attack, inflicting far more damage with just their hands than many can do with weapons.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

There is already a "hand-to-hand" (also known as "martial arts") proficiency in the game (look at stats.ids - it's #110 before the two-handed weapon proficiency). It is probably not addressable through the GUI though - maybe something like TobEx could make it so, I dunno.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

@Picollo & Miloch ,
About : Mod Idea 4) Weapon Proficiency : Unarmed Attack Style
-Thank you very much Gentlemen of the good news, is good news for the next step :) .

Edited by salomonkane, 11 August 2010 - 07:24 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#8 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

Mod Idea 5) Multiclass Option : Fighter/Cleric/Thief
Why ?
-It would open new horizons in terms of gameplay (and Mods)

Features :
-At character creation a new multiclass option is available: Fighter/Cleric/Thief

Edited by salomonkane, 30 July 2010 - 11:29 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#9 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

Mod Idea 6) Expanded Weapons Slots
Why ?
Because, having only two slots for placing weapons is unsatisfactory ...
-In particular in terms of gameplay, with regard to restrictions of certain kits (true class, dual, multiclass, ...), and use of melee weapons
VS ranged weapons .

Features :
Interface is optimized to accommodate more weapons in some cases .

Edited by salomonkane, 11 August 2010 - 07:29 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#10 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

Mod Idea 6) Expanded Weapons Slots
Why ?
Because, having only two slots for placing weapons is unsatisfactory ...
-In particular in terms of gameplay, with regard to restrictions of certain kits (true class, dual, multiclass, ...), and use of melee weapons
VS ranged weapons .

Fighters get 4. I think rangers and paladins get 3. They're supposed to be the fighting-oriented classes, so it makes sense. Mages are supposed to be primarily spellcasters, so why would they need more weapon slots? Besides, it's probably hardcoded anyway.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#11 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Mod Idea 7) Expanded GUI
Why ?
Because it is really annoying to not be able to use more panoplys for our Character
-It would be really great to play using an adaptive equipment on the situations or the profile of our character !
(particularly useful in the case of multiclass kit), (or) (in the case of alternate use of two weapons style, two handed style ... vs throwing weapons ).

Features :

A switch allows access to multiple inventory screen

@Ipsissimus,
About : Mod Idea 6) Expanded Weapons Slots ,
-For my part I think, for example, two slots for a warrior-thief is too little, ditto for a barbarian-thief ...
The rest is a matter of taste, or question of certainty :lol: ...

Edited by salomonkane, 11 August 2010 - 11:11 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#12 ElNath

ElNath
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

Gameplay

Adapting BG content to IWD2 engine.
Simpler, more logical, in one word squared away 3rd edition rules. No more arbitrary restriction a la halfling cannot into paladin. Feats, skills and their use in the dialog system. Better interaction between armor and DEX (actually Refinements handles it better despite the harshness of the penalties).Customizable interface and countless other improvements...

Well one can always dream, right ? :P
Beta Tauri (β Tau / β Tauri) is the second brightest star in the constellation Taurus, with apparent magnitude 1.7. It also has the traditional name Elnath or El Nath. The traditional name is from the Arabic النطح an-naţħ "the butting" (i.e., with the bull's horns).
This star has begun to evolve away from the main sequence, becoming a giant.

I'm huge !

#13 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

BG2 in IWD2? Wesley Weimer already did that. Icewind Gate, it's called.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice

#14 ElNath

ElNath
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

BG2 in IWD2? Wesley Weimer already did that. Icewind Gate, it's called.

My bad, my post should have been clearer. I did check Icewind Gate a long time ago, but it has been dead for years now and it doesn't looks like anyone gonna pick it up soon. Plus when I said "BG content" I was meaning something like "the whole saga and compatible mods", kind of a 3rd ed. BGT.

That's why I'm kind of pessimistic about it :unsure:
Beta Tauri (β Tau / β Tauri) is the second brightest star in the constellation Taurus, with apparent magnitude 1.7. It also has the traditional name Elnath or El Nath. The traditional name is from the Arabic النطح an-naţħ "the butting" (i.e., with the bull's horns).
This star has begun to evolve away from the main sequence, becoming a giant.

I'm huge !

#15 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Gameplay

@ ElNath (Watch out, you hiding my Sun :lol: , :cheers: )

In fact what I find amazing in the Troika's Fallout :
First of all, the tactical combat system (turn-based, the damage localized etc ...)
and secondly, the choice of strategy in the progression of the character
(the possibilities are legion, and it's still one of the only game (for the N°1 Opus) where we can peacefully finish the game, without killing anyone ...)
... and I do not even speak here of the fantastic background ...

TOEE by Eg, includes only the tactical aspect of the concept of fallout ...
IWD is a very good hack & slash ...

@ ElNath & @ Ipsissimus,

Otherwise:

Well one can always dream, right ?

Dreaming his life or living his dreams, that is the question ... ?
Don Quixote by Cervantes give this answer : "Largest of madness is not to live life as it is, and not as it should be ?" ...
...I would have the same . 8)

Edited by salomonkane, 13 August 2010 - 12:01 PM.

Quo Vadis ?

#16 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Just looking through some of your ideas...Not to rain on your parade or anything, but almost every single one is hardcoded and thus impossible, or at least highly improbable.

Physics: Climbing,

Hardcoded and probably not possible, not without major map hackery. Would probably look silly as well, since there aren't any suitable climbing animations.

Smith, Alchemy

Smithing - already handled by Cromwell/Cespenar. Alchemy - BWL's Herbs and Potion's Add-on, or use SK/NI to assign rogue HLA Alchemy.

Intellectual: Diplomacy, Bluff, Linguistics

Probably not possible without major dialogue overhauls. Probably wouldn't be compatible with other mods then.

Edit negative rolls reactions

They're in BG1 for sure, but I don't think they're in BG2, save for charisma and reputation affecting store prices. Based on alignment, reputation, and charisma, IIRC.

To detect the alignment without négative reactions

??? Does it do that? I always play with Oversight installed, so maybe it changes it. I'm 99% certain that it doesn't.

Be nice to have 2-handed Axes

Weimer's Underrepresented Items mod has a number of 2-handed axes.

Knowing the innate characteristics of tiefflins

I assume you mean "tieflings?" Innate characteristics like, say, Amber has? None of the tieflings in the vanilla game have any such innates assigned.

Knowing the innate characteristics of githzerai / githanki

In BG2, they don't really have any.

Whether the kits who's are created with SK have normal role-play progress or not ?

Maybe I'm just being dense, but can you explain?

Optional features in addition to the Kits: Factions (Harper, Iron Throne ...) as in Planescape, with attributes, quests, etc.. accordingly ...

That would be fun, actually. But a huge amount of work. Would it really fit into BG2 that much?

a) Adapting the characters of Lone Wolf and Cub from a manga and a series of Japanese films of the 70s

Ehm...why? Why not just create interesting and new characters, or write more BG1 characters in BG2?

b) Create a Quest for the ghoul Kangax of BG1, I see well a Gith / monk cursed by a queen Lich , who must choose the path to find his alignment

Kangaxx is a lich in BG2. Korax is a ghoul in BG1. He's...just a ghoul. Why does one need a quest that practically turns him/it into a Gary Stu? Could be interesting to have more to Korax than helping to kill basilisks, though.

Long hair for women and barbarians

Done - Moinesse's avatars on G3.

Tattoos, especially for certain races and for those who can not wear armor

Either add tattoo options to all avatars available to the player, or edit all portrait options. A huge amount of work either way. Unless you did something like the Colour Symbols in Tales of the Deep Gardens - they changed the PC's hair color depending on the colour chosen.

Mount : as horses or Wynerves ...

Again, hardcoded. Would require many new animations, as no "riding" animations presently exist.

Some Avatars adapted from another Games like Mortal Kombat (for the Monk especially)

AFAIK, the engines are too different - probably wouldn't work.

BWP I know, but I do not think it specifically mentioned the mods on TOB strictly speaking ...

Been mentioned elsewhere, but:
-Ascension
-Wheels of Prophecy
-Turnabout
-Redemption
-Longer Road
-Iylos
-Sarevok Romance

There's probably others I've missed, but those seem to be the major ones.

Online battles between players using different kits of their choice... (sort of Ultimate-Fight at Copper Coronet with a live broadcast

BG2 multiplayer battles are pretty cheesy...basically whoever gets off a Timestop first wins.

Mod Idea 4) Weapon Proficiency : Unarmed Attack Style
Why ?
-So it's frustrating to be deprived of martial competence

Features :
-To the creation of character, a new proficiency is available : Unarmed Attack
-An animation shows the characters fighting hand to hand (fist and/or kick)

Well, that's what the Monk is for... It is still possible to fight barehanded, but it results in enemies simply being knocked out.

Mod Idea 5) Multiclass Option : Fighter/Cleric/Thief
Why ?
-It would open new horizons in terms of gameplay (and Mods)

Features :
-At character creation a new multiclass option is available: Fighter/Cleric/Thief

Might be possible with a custom spell of some manner, but almost definitely not at character creation.

Mod Idea 7) Expanded GUI
Why ?
Because it is really annoying to not be able to use more panoplys for our Character
-It would be really great to play using an adaptive equipment on the situations or the profile of our character !
(particularly useful in the case of multiclass kit), (or) (in the case of alternate use of two weapons style, two handed style ... vs throwing weapons ).

Features :

A switch allows access to multiple inventory screen

Hardcoded. One inventory per character.

#17 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

@ Ipsissimus: Thank You Very Much for all your replies, I will take time, to answer you very soon,
with strong arguments ... :)

Edited by salomonkane, 23 February 2011 - 10:41 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#18 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Mod Idea 8 ) Realms fighting styles
Why ?
Because it would be cool, both tactical and strategic, and of course for fun, to be able to benefit our kits / avatars :
The "Fighting Schools" of The Realms ...

By adapting this:
Spoiler

Features :
A lot of opportunities ...
At the Charac creation ...
In Game ...
A Switch, or an Innate Speels ... allows access to an extra (or more) fighting style ...

source :
http://web.archive.o...lms/fightst.txt

Edited by salomonkane, 23 February 2011 - 11:14 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#19 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

Mod Idea 9 ) Non-Weapons Proficiencies
Why ?
Because, It would expand a lot the Role-Play of the Game

By adapting this:
Spoiler

Features :
Ibidem at Above :rolleyes: ... :
A lot of opportunities ...
At the Charac creation ...
In Game ...
A Switch, or an Innate Speels ... allows access to an extra (or more) non weapon-proficiencie/bonus ...

source :
http://www.textfiles...nweaponprof.txt

Edited by salomonkane, 23 February 2011 - 11:46 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#20 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

Mod Idea 10 ) Socketed Items
Why ?
Because, It could benefit some new skills (Alchemy, Armory ...), to certain races (dwarf, elf, etc.), and especially because I've always dreamed of having a Runic Socketed Sword ...

Features :

Socketed Items (Weapons, Armors, Misc etc ...) and Gems (Runes, etc ) available .

source :
Socketed Sword (by Drizzt 1180)
Spoiler

http://web.archive.o....homestead.com/

Edited by salomonkane, 26 February 2011 - 03:11 PM.

Quo Vadis ?