• 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

Posted Image

File Name: BG: Cast find familiar, and choose any
File Submitter: StrixO
File Submitted: 09 Feb 2010
File Updated: 10 Feb 2010
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

This mod is now compatible with BG2:SoA, BG2:ToB, BGTuTu, and BGT.

In-game, when you cast 'Find Familiar' you'll immediately be able to choose which familiar you'd like to summon. Just hover over each of the quick-buttons that open up to learn which to click to summon a given familiar. Your alignment will change for exactly 1 second - so don't worry if you happen to see it. It'll change back!

To install, just unzip the contents into your game folder and use the executable. Tweak will detect what you're running (BG2:SoA, BG2:SoA+ToB, BGTuTu, or BGT) and install accordingly.

Comments welcome. Summoning, placing in inventory and releasing, and all dialogue trees are now all working properly.

Revisions history
10-Feb-10 - v1.1 Compatible with BGT. Now patches existing DLGs rather than replacing with new files. Re-added Polish language.
10-Feb-10 - v1.0 Tweak now fully working and compatible with BGTutu, BG2:SoA, and BG:ToB. Fixed inventory/release spawning problems.
09-Feb-10 - Added Polish translation. Thanks Picollo.
09-Feb-10 - spell descriptions updated

Click here to download this file

Edited by StrixO, 10 February 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

Nice job. That'll come in handy.

#3 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hey, nice mod. I've attached polish translation to it.

Attached Files

#4 StrixO

StrixO
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

I've overlooked the DLG files, and how the role they played in moving the familiar to the PC's inventory and back out again - and so there are some errors for 2/3 the summons. I'm going to work on fixing the error, but I need to generate a unique dialogue file for each summons. Until then, using this mod will result in problems: lawfuls can't summon neutral or chaotics, neutrals can't summon lawfuls or chaotics, and chaotics can't summon lawful or neutrals.

After I have a dialogue file for each summons, I'll post a new tweak.

EDIT: This issue has been addressed and the tweak has been updated. There was an alignment check in the familiar dialogues; that's been replaced with a global variable check that's particular to each familiar and set at casting.

REQUEST: In the meantime, can someone post the FAMxxx.DLGs for BGT so I can include in the tweak? If not in a couple days, I'll install BGT, too.

EDIT: BGT compatibility added.

Edited by StrixO, 10 February 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#5 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but It seems, that DLGs for BGT are identical as in vanilla BG2.
And wouldn't it be easier, if You try to use dialogs in .d format instead of DLG?

#6 StrixO

StrixO
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but It seems, that DLGs for BGT are identical as in vanilla BG2.

I wasn't sure, as the familiar dialogue in BG2 is set by BG2 chapter flags. Tutu handles this by reassigning some dialogue to follow the BG1 set of chapter flags. If you summon a familiar in Candlekeep at the start of BGT, do all of the dialogues trigger? What does it talk about?

EDIT: BGT compatibility added.

And wouldn't it be easier, if You try to use dialogs in .d format instead of DLG?

Maybe not easier for me, just yet. I'm learning as I go, and I knew I could fix the problem that cropped up quickly using NI. I'll get around to .d and compiling eventually, but I'm still green. Until then, I'm a bit clumsy. Thanks for your comments anyway!

EDIT: Dialogue patching now using .d format.

Edited by StrixO, 10 February 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#7 Picollo

Picollo
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:12 AM

Damn, You're right there are changes. I've attached these dialogues, with polish dialogues but also with references to specific strings. So it may be useful.

Attached Files

#8 Bonhart

Bonhart
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:29 AM

Nice mod, I will try to translate it to Czech languge.