Easy kill?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:55 PM

Correction: Master Coercion allows you to pass all high intimidation checks.

You wouldn't be able to pass them otherwise as a cunning-based rogue, because intimidation checks for strength. Yes, rogues use cunning for strength, but only when it comes to damage(you still need strength for items).

#22 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

I knew it was useful. My mage needs it in any case, because apparently mind domination magic is illegal Blood Magic. Bloody uptight old geezers in bathrobes I say...

#23 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:30 AM

Snicker. Indeed. Me, I think only Niall's fear of blood magic was reasonable: he felt betrayed(he knew these people, trusted them), and he saw the abominations. Niall sounded sincere. Irwing, Gregoir, Lily, Chantry priests and Wynne didn't. When they started their blah-blah-blood magic is evil, I just couldn't bring myself to believe them.

Still going to kill Avernus this time, though - I don't think that even a redeemed Avernus will escape the temptation of finding a few new subjects and continuing his experiments.

Back to the topic at hand: I found that battles become easier if you switch your companions's behavior to Agressive in Tactics screen and then cast area of effect spells. This way the party will keep fighting under Blizzards and Inferno. Works better than Earthquake+Tempest at distance.

Also, Wynne+the token amulet her elven studen gives in Brecilian forest+Vessel of the Spirit ability = win. No more side effects like being stunned. Though I use Morrigan anyway.

#24 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

I find it hilarious that you can give Wynne blood magic. That option should be greyed out for her. You can also use it in front of her and she says absolutely nothing. (I belive there was originally a line where she would attack you if you used it during the circle quest, causing both mages and templars to attack you as well. But it basically broke the game so they got rid of it).

I must admit I feel sympathy for Jowan - poor guy really got screwed. I wish they'd made him conscriptable - it makes no sense that you can't conscript him when you can conscript Sten and (of course) the secret companion. (Again it was an option in the planning stages but was cut during the dev process. Pity).

#25 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

Snicker. Indeed. Me, I think only Niall's fear of blood magic was reasonable: he felt betrayed(he knew these people, trusted them), and he saw the abominations. Niall sounded sincere. Irwing, Gregoir, Lily, Chantry priests and Wynne didn't. When they started their blah-blah-blood magic is evil, I just couldn't bring myself to believe them.

Especially after some of the Grey Wardens you meet specifically tell you that Blood Magic is just a means to an end, and Grey Wardens must use any means necessary to defeat the Blight.

Personally I don't see it as inherently evil, it's something akin to Necromancy in D&D, not all Necromancers are automatically evil. Evil characters just seem to find both of these as an easy route to power.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 26 February 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#26 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

I played with a male char in Circle Tower recently, and I was surprised that you could recruit the blood mage into the Warden army(sort of). That woman who pleads you for life on the second floor, you can tell her to go to the other apprentices, keep quiet and battle the darkspawn. So, yes, means to an end. I mean, how is blowing people up with corpse explosions and freezing them with blizzards better than one lousy domination/demon summoning spell?

And, yes, I like Jowan the blood mage, and I feel upset they don't let us recruit him. And if I let him go, I'll have this "Jowan's intention" bugged quest that never completes. Ah well. If not for the full voicing thing, I'd be tempted to write something for Jowan. As it is, though, I think that it's up to Bioware. I'd like a Jowan NPC, myself.

#27 Slug

Slug
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

Yes I found the Supreme Demon extremely easy to kill.  I had collected and made as many throwing potions as I could and toward the end my inventory was crammed with potions and bombs.  Morrigans mother was much harder!   :woot:

I barely used any of my reinforcements, toward the end I had about 50% of them still left to use.  I think if someone were to make a mod to increase the difficulty this would be a pivotal point in the game to improve.

I was also annoyed you couldn't recruit Jowan.

Edited by Slug, 31 March 2010 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image