Photo

Custom selection common/action sounds not playing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StrixO

StrixO
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:21 PM

Hi folks. I'm confused. I can't get the selection or action sounds to play for one of my customized CREs. They play for the rest. The non-playing sound was converted from WAVC to WAV using DLTCEP, from the in-game sounds PSEDUO01 and PSEUDO02, saved as STXPSD01.wav and STXPSD02.wav. I don't think my code is wrong. Is something amiss with the format DLTCEP has exported in? The other WAV files were not acquired via DLTCEP and all work great.

COPY ~PickyFams/sounds~ ~override~ //includes STXPSD01.wav and STXPSD02.wav, among others

COPY_EXISTING ~FAMPSD.CRE~ ~override/FAMPSD.CRE~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x34 "SXpsd"
  SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~~ [STXPSD01] //these 4 sound assignments won't voice in-game. Acquired via DLTCEP.
  SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~~ [STXPSD01]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~~ [STXPSD02]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~~ [STXPSD02]

COPY_EXISTING ~FAMFAIR.CRE~ ~override/FAMFAIR.CRE~ //sounds from here out for other CREs work great!
  WRITE_ASCII 0x34 "SXfai"
  SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~~ [STXFAI01]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~~ [STXFAI01]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~~ [STXFAI02]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~~ [STXFAI02]

COPY_EXISTING ~FAMFER.CRE~ ~override/FAMFER.CRE~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x34 "SXfer"
  SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~~ [STXFER01]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~~ [STXFER01]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~~ [STXFER02]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~~ [STXFER02]

//etc.

So, is it a problem with the format from DLTCEP? I've attached the offending WAV files if anyone would like to see....

EDIT: I should add that the sounds that don't play in-game play fine when navigated to using NI, either directly from the override folder or from the CRE file.

Thanks!

EDIT2: attached files removed after problem solved.

Edited by StrixO, 16 February 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

Try leaving the non-playing sounds in WAVC, which is the game's default format for sound clips. If they still don't play, could be something wrong with the original files.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 StrixO

StrixO
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

Try leaving the non-playing sounds in WAVC, which is the game's default format for sound clips.

Thanks Miloch! Selection/Action sounds are now working perfectly.

Edited by StrixO, 16 February 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#4 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

I recommend using the comments, also -
COPY_EXISTING ~FAMFAIR.CRE~ ~override/FAMFAIR.CRE~ //sounds from here out for other CREs work great!
WRITE_ASCII 0x34 "SXfai"
SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~[STXFAI01]~ [STXFAI01]
SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~[STXFAI01]~ [STXFAI01]
SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~[STXFAI02]~ [STXFAI02]
SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~[STXFAI02]~ [STXFAI02]

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:09 PM

I recommend using the comments, also -
WRITE_ASCII 0x34 "SXfai"
SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~[STXFAI01]~ [STXFAI01]

I'm guessing you're referring to the bracketed text within the tildes? But why? I found Tutu's convention of doing this more annoying than useful. At best, the bracketed text is ignored; at worst it leaves an unpleasant space at the beginning of other text. If there is text associated with the sound clip, by all means, put the text in the tildes (and traify-comment it eventually). But if not (which goes for most DAMAGE and DEATH clips) then there's nothing wrong with ~~ [SOUNDREF].

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle