Photo

Selim Sivad keeps appearing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hey, I'm having a problem with Selim Sivad appearing, even when casting normal spells (Magic Missile, Flame Arrow etc.) and after the first few times he appears the dialogue changes to NO VALID RESPONSES.

It's getting annoying, especially after a battle and he decides to Deathspell everyone.

How do I disable him?

Attached Files

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

It sounds like you have massive incompatibilities going on. One is where your spell IDS is rewritten with wrong spells so when you cast Magic Missile, it reads as casting one of the CtB spells.

The other thing that sounds off is he should walk up to you and talk and give you options.

Also this block in my BALDUR.BCS is solid and works fine. I did have one CtB spell get f***ed by another mod overwriting in the SPELL.IDS but I can't remember which. It was an added spell from that mod, not vanilla stuff.

IF
	OR(12)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_EAGLES_SPLENDOR)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DECASTAVE)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_CATS_GRACE)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_MORDENKAINENS_FORCE_MISSILES)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_BALL_LIGHTNING)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LUTZAENS_FREQUENT_JAUNT)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DARTS_OF_BONE)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_ANTIMAGIC_FIELD)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LICH_TOUCH)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_IRON_BODY)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_MIND_BLANK)
	Global("CbSelimCreated","GLOBAL",0)
	!Global("CbSelimTurnsEnemy","GLOBAL",1)
	AreaType(DUNGEON)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CbSelimCreated","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBSELIMS",0) // Selim Sivad
END

I don't know how else to help debug what is going on in your game. Sorry... :unsure:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:31 AM

Hey, I've attached a changelog of BALDUR.BCS in the hope that someone can further help.

I've tried extracting BALDUR.BCS from the biffed files to correct the relevant part, but it is a different structure to that given above.

(Zipped up Baldur.BCS in 7z format as it was too big for normal attachment)

Attached Files

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:55 AM

That will not be of much use. Try change logging SPELL.IDS.

Here is what yours looks like in my game. The missing spells in this case are not matching with what they should be in the SPELL.IDS. This could be the vanilla spells triggering the action. To me this is a mod installed after CtB and needs to be fixed on that end for better compatibility.

IF
	OR(12)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_EAGLES_SPLENDOR)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DECASTAVE)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],0)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_BALL_LIGHTNING)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LUTZAENS_FREQUENT_JAUNT)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DARTS_OF_BONE)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LICH_TOUCH)
		SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE)
	Global("CbSelimCreated","GLOBAL",0)
	!Global("CbSelimTurnsEnemy","GLOBAL",1)
	AreaType(DUNGEON)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CbSelimCreated","GLOBAL",1)
		CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBSELIMS",0) // Selim Sivad
END

Edited by Hoppy, 23 February 2010 - 01:07 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant