Adul
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:08 AM

File Name: BG1 Level Cap Reinstator (BLCR) for BGT v1.0
File Submitter: Adul
File Submitted: 18 Feb 2010
File Updated: 23 Feb 2010
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

BLCR is a small mod for Baldur's Gate Trilogy that reinstates the original experience cap of Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast.

After installing this mod, your experience points will initially be limited to 161 000 XP. This limitation only applies to the Baldur's Gate 1 part of the game, and you will be free to advance further after being transitioned to the Baldur's Gate 2 part.

The limitation affects all six party members.

This mod extends the BALDUR.BCS game script to achieve its goal.

Known Issues:
Incorrect experience cap for dual-class characters: instead of limiting the character's total XP, BLCR will limit each class to 161000 XP individually. This only affects dual-class characters and not multi-class characters.

Click here to download this file

#2 Adul

Adul
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

To explain the motives behind BLCR, it was done as a personal mod as with BGT I have always felt obligated to complete all aspects of BG1 with preferably no or few party members added in order to maximize the amount of XP I would accumulate before going over to BG2. (Yes, I'm completely under the control of my habits. :unsure:)

With BLCR, I can enjoy playing BG1 carelessly without being worried about maximizing XP. That's all, really.

And I hope that BLCR will bring joy to others as well. :)

#3 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:55 AM

I'm already a fan of this mod. :) Thanks for that, I don't think it's too difficult to be done and makes everything closer to original BG Saga. :)

#4 prowler

prowler

Murloc!

• 417 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

Wow! Great job! :cheers:

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru

#5 Adul

Adul
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:36 AM

Thanks guys. Now have fun playtesting! :lol:

#6 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

...and apparently I completely missed adding this to the index when you posted it.

Fixed now.

Embarrassing.

#7 prowler

prowler

Murloc!

• 417 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

And this mod is compatible with BWP? :)

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

And this mod is compatible with BWP? :)

I see no reason why it wouldn't be... but you might wish to avoid installing it in the Tactical install at least as the enemies are a bit on the tough side at the end parts of the BG1 game(DSotSC, NTotSC...), unless you are up for a unreal challenge.
Cerberus v1.05, MegaModKits v1.01L, iiSpellSystemAdjustments v7.1; mods by Jarno Mikkola the Imp. FAQ for the Megamods. The Frequently Answered Questions.
BWS - Standard = not imba items spells or cheats. Tactical = AI hardly stupid = stupid hard. Expert = broke.
In case the BG2 game crashes post the content of your baldur.err file. To get it to record stuff, open up the 'baldur.ini' in your game folder with Notepad, and under the [Program Options] section in the file, make a new line and type in 'Logging On=1' (without the '' quotes, unless the line is already there)... Save the file and exit. Now go back into the game and try to reproduce the crash. Then look in your game folder again for the Baldur.err file and open it with the Notepad to analyze its contents, or let us do it.
Posted Image

I am afraid of nothing.

#9 Adul

Adul
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

Should be compatible with anything, really, as long as it is installed on a BGT setup. BLCR uses the BGT global variable ENDOFBG1 to determine when the XP limitation should be active.

Reply to this topic