BGT 1.08 and Czech language

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Lyrick

Lyrick
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:39 AM

Hello everyone.

I come from Czech Republic, that's the middle of the Europe. We have our own language here, Czech.

Until two days ago, I only knew BGTutu and EasyTutu and I was using old classic BGTutu for one reason - when I install it, it only transfers new/edited/fixed things into English, and others stays in Czech, meaning I still have most of my game in Czech, which is the goal I want to achieve. (I don't mind few English texts here and there). On the other hand, EasyTutu, transfers all my Czech into English, there is no single Czech word left after installation.

I can speak and understand English a bit, as you can see (I hope you can understand this:)), but to fully enjoy BG experience, I still prefer Czech.

So now my question: Does BGT works more like BGTutu or EasyTutu? I definitively like BGT so far (from what I read and hear around), but this is still important factor for me, and I couldn't find informations regarding this.

In case it would make my game complete English like EasyTutu does, maybe there is some workaround to have BGT use my Czech Dialog.tlk (or other files containing texts - Im not much into IE engine).

Why am I asking instead of trying it first, you may say. Well, two reasons:
- on my current internet connection, it would take about 1h30mins to download 13MB BGT. Not a joke, Im using 32kbps EDGE.
- I currently have BGTutu installed, so before I uninstall it and re-install both clean install, I wanted to be sure

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: Anyone planning or already working on translation of BGT to Czech? -> Někdo kdo plánuje nebo už pracuje na překladu BGT do Češtiny?

Edited by Lyrick, 20 February 2010 - 07:48 AM.

Me: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
My bro: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "ofc" 'cause I use "pls" too.
My mom: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please"... Co?.. (My mom doesn't speak English at all)
One of many WoW players: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "omg stfu n00b" because "you suck, r u 12??!!!!!!".

#2 Lyrick

Lyrick
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

Oh right, so I will answer this myself :D

BGT DOES keep my my original Czech language, only with the exception of fixed/tweaked/added stuff, I believe.

So Im happy now, so far it seems great! :clap:

Originally I wanted to know before I go thru all the hassle with the re-installing and downloading, researching, but I was too impatient and done it already :lol:

But I still have a question
- In case I translate some of BGT files (according to readme instructions) to Czech, what would be easiest way to actually apply them to my game? Do I have to re-install whole BG2/BGT to see changes?

Thank you
Me: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
My bro: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "ofc" 'cause I use "pls" too.
My mom: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please"... Co?.. (My mom doesn't speak English at all)
One of many WoW players: Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "omg stfu n00b" because "you suck, r u 12??!!!!!!".

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

But I still have a question[/b] - In case I translate some of BGT files (according to readme instructions) to Czech, what would be easiest way to actually apply them to my game? Do I have to re-install whole BG2/BGT to see changes?

Well yes, you need to reinstall the (setup-)BGT(.exe), as you can uninstall the BGT from there as well if it's the last installed mod!

If you wish to make a proper form of translation, you for example open the <game folder>/BGT/Language/English and copy the files to <game folder>/BGT/Language/Czech and then open the .tra files with Notepad, and change the English texts into Czech, and then you just add this code to the proper place into the setup-bgt.tp2 with Notepad as well:
LANGUAGE ~Czech~
         ~Czech~
         ~BGT/Language/Czech/prompts.tra~
         ~BGT/Language/Czech/setup.tra~
         ~BGT/Language/Czech/dialog.tra~
         ~BGT/Language/Czech/journal.tra~
         ~BGT/Language/Czech/scripts.tra~
And I am sure someone will appreciate if you could then upload the files into a archive and attach it to a post.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 20 February 2010 - 03:36 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Lyrick

Lyrick
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

Thank you for the info, it seems pretty easy.

And I actually have back-up of clean BGT (only G3 BG2 Fixpack applied before), so I may just work on translations while playing and testing it, that's great.

Now let's see if there are some kind and experienced Czech players to bring this into top quality ;) I believe I can translate most of it, but have never played BG Saga before so no idea know where lots of dialogues actually appears in-game, which leads me to my another question:

Let's say there is string @201824 in a english dialog.tra file, and I want know who/where says this, so I want to start a game and get to him to see the original and full conversation, or test new changes. Is this possible? Maybe some sort of hacks / cheats? Any suggestions?

Thank you

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

Let's say there is string @201824 in a english dialog.tra file, and I want know who/where says this, so I want to start a game and get to him to see the original and full conversation, or test new changes. Is this possible? Maybe some sort of hacks / cheats? Any suggestions?

1) Get NearInfinity (point #11)
2) Search->Stringref...->Type the dialogue in "Find what:"->Find next
3) Hit "Find references..." at the top and choose just DLG (dialog) and search
4) Double-click results to open them and go to the Edit tab
5) Hit "Find... references to this file" at the bottom, choose CRE for creatures, ITM for items, SPL for spells, STO for stores, BCS for scripts, ARE for areas ... etc

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Lyrick

Lyrick
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

1) Get NearInfinity (point #11)
2) Search->Stringref...->Type the dialogue in "Find what:"->Find next
3) Hit "Find references..." at the top and choose just DLG (dialog) and search
4) Double-click results to open them and go to the Edit tab
5) Hit "Find... references to this file" at the bottom, choose CRE for creatures, ITM for items, SPL for spells, STO for stores, BCS for scripts, ARE for areas ... etc

Forgot to thank you for the info, got it running and we are already working on translation. See ya :)

#7 Lyrick

Lyrick
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:58 AM

OK well, translation going slow, but fine.

But I have a question about worldmap/language/worldmap.tra

Where are these strings inside actually used in-game? I currently have a English BGT Install with english worldmap.tra, but when I open worldmap, names of areas are in Czech, so wondering what does this file affects?

Thank you

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

Only the worldmap mod. That mod will also have to include Czech language to utilise the BGT worldmap.tra.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

Only the worldmap mod.

The worldmap mod??? Ah, the (Bp-BGT-)Worldmap mod.

Silly, silly, silly, the Imp is silly.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Lyrick

Lyrick
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

Awww, that's 95MBs. That would take me day to download :/

Maybe anyone could pack and upload somewhere only english language files from latest worldmap mod, please?

Thank you

EDIT: We ran into a problem. I have installed first test version of Czech BGT translation, and while starting a game, speech prologue about character past and Gorion is missing first paragraph. I can only hear sound but text is gone. Any ideas?

Edited by Lyrick, 23 February 2010 - 04:16 AM.

#11 -PostTrauma-

-PostTrauma-

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

Hi,

I have finished the translation into Czech a while ago except for the readme files. Lyric seems to have disappeared so I haven't done much in the meanwhile.

Anyway, I've sent the files to a few people to test and there were a few bugs.

1. "Get your own hamster..." instead of "Bandit camp"

2. Pictures and names of some areas partly hidden behind others (e.g. "Temple of Lathander" is partly covered by the picture of Ulcaster and only "High H..ge" can be seen from High Hedge as it is covered by a tree from the forest to the south)

3. Reportedly, the names of Athkatla districts and Viconia's responses weren't translated (I think it may be because of fixpack 'fixing' it.)

What may be the cause of these problems and how to deal with them?

When I finish the readmes should I send the files so you can issue some kind of beta translation (I don't suppose any typos. I have corrected many mistakes in the original Czech translation of BG, actually.)?

#12 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:35 AM

Sorry, it is hard to know what is going wrong without knowing the technical details of what you translated and how you did it?
When you have a ready version, just post it and we'll have a look in time.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#13 -PostTrauma-

-PostTrauma-

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

Hello,

here are the translation files.

I know it's been a long time and there's a higher version of BGT-WeiDU now. But I hope there haven't been many changes in the text and that you can fit it in somehow.

Bye,

PT

#14 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for this. Can you remind me which version of BGT-WeiDU the translation was based on? There might be a few changes/new strings which I'll chase up in time.
Also, who get's the credit for the translation?

--------------
Retired Modder

#15 -PostTrauma-

-PostTrauma-

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

It's based on BGT-WeIDU 1.08. As for the credits it's just Lyrick and me (PostTrauma).

#16 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Thanks. I will need some extra translations. To help with that, could you possibly register so I can PM you?

--------------
Retired Modder

#17 PostTrauma

PostTrauma
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

Ok, go for it.

#18 -Natrezim-

-Natrezim-

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Zdravím páni.

Chcem sa opýtať či je mo?né aplikovať če?tinu na aktuálnu verziu BGT(1.12). Pýtam sa preto lebo nechcem to zase celé rein?talovať odznova ak mi to nepôjde :)
A ak existuje nejaká nov?ia verzia?
dajte nejaké info chlapci.

Hi guys.

I want to ask if I can aplly Czech language to latest version of BGT(1.12). I Ask because I dont whant to reinstall whole game again if it doesnt work.
And if exist a latest version?
give me some info please.

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

I Czech translation has already completed. We are in the final stages of releasing BGT 1.13.

--------------
Retired Modder

#20 -Natrezim-

-Natrezim-

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for info. That is great. When new version release I need to reinstall whole game again ? ...I hope not.
And It contains only GAME translation ? than other mods like NPC project will not be translated?